For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
Sharpness on Chelydra : 2 left
Auto-Buckler : 4 uses left
Pheromone Dispenser : 1 empty and 1 full vial in device

Sashura listened to what Moira said, and agreed. They could spend days - weeks - roaming the forests here and not find anything.
Might be worth investigating later, but for now, they were supposed to be going to Petram.

"If there are no immediate threats here, we should go back and head for Petram." she stated, "We can always come back later."
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"If nobody's at risk of dying, I'd rather get paid for putting my own life at risk," Dog's mercenary side comes to bear, "It's one thing to hunt these things down, but I'd rather see some silver at the end of it."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Everything is clear on Willow's end and she greets the returning hunters. "Well, whatever it was, there are plenty of welders in Uhyre, I'm sure if it wandered off someone'll track it down."

As the group carries on towards Petram, Willow opens up a bit. "So, Sandra mentioned I'm from Petram. Grew up there 'til Ampere showed up 'n I left to the guild for training. My pa, Arthur Fletcher, vanished years ago, when I was a young'un and I haven't been in much contact with my ma, Miriam. I'm excited t'see her n' all, even with the layin' into I'm probably deservin', for not mailin' but.... " she trails off a bit. The excitement to see her mother seems genuine, but returning to Petram seems to have her.... uncertain, or maybe anxious, and it doesn't seem to be worry that her mother is upset that Willow hasn't sent any letters.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira listens to Willow's story. "I'm sorry to hear about your father. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know."

"Why else might she 'lay into' you?" Moira asks.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Willow shrugs. "Pa vanished years ago. As for ma... Well, if she has another reason to tear a strip off me, I dunno what it is, besides the not keeping in touch thing."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

"Then I'm sure she'll be thrilled to see you and understand." Moira says cheerily as she walks along the cart. "At least we're making good time!"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 4 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd stays quiet as the two ladies talk. Whether it was that he had nothing to add or that his tenuous grasp of the language didn't give him all the nuance of the conversation, it was hard to tell. He plodded along toward Petram.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:11 am Through Raptage, Moira sees no concerning amounts of smoke that would indicate a forest fire. She can see a few wispy streamers of smoke that would indicate a village, or maybe a hunting camp. Hard to say from above the canopy. Either way, it's still far off, and not in the direction you have been traveling.

"Oh, Willow, I wanted to ask, do you know of a small camp or village in.. that direction."
Moira points to where Raptage saw the signs of far-off fires, "My bird saw signs of something far off that way."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Willow looks in the direction Moira indicates. "We're in Uhyre, so it's likely a hunting camp. No villages I know of close enough that you'd see anything."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 4 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd looked at the interplay and made note that there might be a hunting camp around in that direction. Otherwise continuing to plod along.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Erika fiddles with her blade, restless in not having had the chance to use them. It's obvious enough she'd expected some form of confrontation with a deceiver.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:01 am Willow looks in the direction Moira indicates. "We're in Uhyre, so it's likely a hunting camp. No villages I know of close enough that you'd see anything."

"Understood." Moira says. "With other Hunters in the area I don't feel so bad about not pursuing that fire deceiver."

"Are we close to Petram? Should I use Raptage to create us a portal closer? He can fly over the forest."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Less walking would be welcomed..." She comments.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: -- || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd just shrugs, if they were taking votes, and a shrug counted as a vote.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

"That sounds like a great idea. Might not get us there much faster, but we get to skip all the territory in between" Willow seems all on board with the idea. "Jus' don't drop us right at th' town, maybe a bit back. Folk there c'n be a bit jumpy."