WandaVision

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Davies

Re: WandaVision

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:29 am So, to go back to something that is largely unimportant...
Spoiler
Was it just me or was Agatha's intro song kind of reminiscent of the Munster's theme song?
I honestly can't tell if I'm just nuts.
Spoiler
It was deliberately patterned on that song, yes. Which is not to say that you're not nuts. ;)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:29 am So, to go back to something that is largely unimportant...
Spoiler
Was it just me or was Agatha's intro song kind of reminiscent of the Munster's theme song?
I honestly can't tell if I'm just nuts.
I noticed that too and assumed it was a deliberate decision. The same way that the other WandaVision theme songs invoked Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke, Malcolm in the Middle, etc.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

There doing those song's on purpose to show you how unsettling it can be. Like that episode of X-Files that involved the Brady Bunch. They replaced the opening intro with a soft key version of The Brady Bunch song with no words in it.Pure Instrumental and unsettling as all get out.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Thoughts on finale?
Davies

Post by Davies »

It's annoying that Jimmy's witness turned out to be a red herring, but other than that I'm satisfied with the outcome. I look forward to where they go with the characters after this.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I haven't had a chance to see it yet, So would someone please tell me what happened?
Yeah, i know i'm a weirdo for WANTING spoilers....
Davies

Post by Davies »

Spoiler
Agatha attempts to take Wanda's chaos magic but is interrupted by the reconstructed Vision, who tries to kill Wanda before the Hex's Vision intervenes. The two Visions fight throughout Westview while Agatha frees the residents of Westview from Wanda's control- Shaken by the magnitude of her misdeeds, Wanda opens the barrier, but stops when Vision and the twins begin to disintegrate. Hayward and S.W.O.R.D. enter before the barrier closes. Monica frees "Pietro", who is actually actor Ralph Bohner, from Agatha's control, and then helps the twins stop S.W.O.R.D. Hex Vision restores rebuilt Vision's memories; rebuilt Vision leaves to a fate unknown. Wanda places magical runes around the barrier that prevent Agatha from using her magic, and Wanda traps her as "Agnes". Wanda says goodbye to Vision and the twins before collapsing the barrier, and then goes into hiding. In a mid-credits scene, Hayward is arrested while Monica is informed by a Skrull that a friend of her mother's (implicitly Nick Fury) wants to meet. In a post-credits scene, Wanda is studying the Darkhold in her astral form when she hears the twins cry for help.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thank's Davies! :D
Think they'll do a Season 2?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Unlikely, though the story is set to continue in the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The plan seems to be that each of the Disney+ MCU shows is going to be a “one and done.” But with some elements of each series connecting them together (probably Jimmy Woo and/or Darcy Lewis) and for these shows to connect back into future MCU films.

However, Disney ain’t one to pass up an opportunity to make money. If these shows prove popular enough, there’s always a chance they’ll make a second series.

Production delays caused by the SARS-COVID-2 lockdowns delayed them from finishing Falcon and the Winter Soldier on schedule (they had some big action sequences left to do that couldn’t be done under social-distancing requirements and location shoots that couldn’t be done due to travel restrictions).

We’ll have to keep our fingers crossed.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I almost prefer the idea of not having a season 2 tying the shows into movies. It adds depth and emotional impact to movies and prevents the shows from suffering in quality for running too long.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Kevin Feige confirmed in an interview that there are no plans for a Season 2, the story will continue in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Plans like that are always subject to change, especially if there’s financial incentive. So any comments on future production should always have an asterisk attached.