A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files and Related

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
That Sullivan Guy

A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files and Related

Post by That Sullivan Guy »

This thread is here to consolidate a number of my various batches of material for the A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files (TAF). Some I have digitally stored, but a lot is getting transferred from my copious physical notebooks. It’s broken down for some semblance of sanity and alphabetically organized under the groupings PEOPLE (the largest group by far), then ALIEN RACES, COMPANIES/CORPORATIONS/WIDESPREAD BUSINESSES, ENTREATABLE ENTITIES/MAGICAL ARTIFACTS/MISC MAGIC, HISTORICAL EVENTS, PLACES, and TECHNOLOGY/TECHNICAL TERMS.

If a name is bold and underlined, that name represents a group. In some cases, there will be notable or important enough members to be listed underneath the group name individually, but not always.

If the entry name is followed by [##Published##], the subject of that entry has already been described (and statted in 3rd ed M&M) in one of the TAF 3.0 products I sold under the Wordmonkey Studios label.

If the entry name is followed by [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$], the subject of that entry was written about (and therefore sold to the publisher of) an existing M&M book in print sold by either Green Ronin or Vigilance Press. Their inclusion in the thread is not meant to in any way infringe upon their copyrights (especially, you know, since nobody is making money here).

Entries for names related to material only previously seen in 1st and 2nd edition M&M books published by Blackwyrm Studios will not be differentiated.

Eventually, I hope to have all entry names link to a separate individual post. This will either have some background and description (maybe even in some cases stats) or it will give a very brief description of the subject and then tell the reader where they can go find the full write-up in print, such as that may be. There will also be some pieces of fiction related to some of the characters (The Bargainer, The Clue Crew, and The Furies) which will show up where appropriate for those characters.

There are several dozen pieces of art by Alex Williamson that will show up here and there in entries. I own these. There will be many pieces of art by Derrick Thomas from previous books that I use with his permission.

Many of the places I used to use to host art when I posted over on the Atomic Think Tank and Ronin Army forums are now defunct or have turned to payment-required services. If anyone knows of free hosting services for pictures that they can recommend, I would be appreciative. Thanks.

Last edited by That Sullivan Guy on Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That Sullivan Guy

Re: A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files and Related

This long bit of bejabbering is by way of providing some context for what has happened in my arrival at this current list and its contents. If you’re not interested in plowing through such things, you can ignore it with no real loss of understanding for the material that comprises the majority of the thread.

The Meandering Backstory

Like most nerds, I got my introduction to RPGs at an early age. For me, that was the Spring of 1981, meaning that I am fast approaching 40 years in the hobby. Unlike many other gamers, though, my gateway drug wasn’t Dungeons & Dragons. Some friends of mine who were already in the hobby knew I was a comic book fiend and so they introduced me to Villains & Vigilantes.

I was hooked immediately.

From there I branched out to Superworld (Chaosium also exposing me to Call of Cthulhu at the same time, starting another lifelong love), Heroes Unlimited, and in High School a local group finally showed me Champions. Champions became my touchstone for gaming for decades afterward. I was crestfallen when the Iron Crown Enterprises killed the line. Later, Champions: New Millennium was a mixed bag when it came out, but I still found things to like in it, and I enjoyed a bit of Silver Age Sentinels in the really early 00’s, but not enough to run it. Hero Games resurged and I had my touchstone putting out new product after a bleak few years, and, then, I found a comic book game that actually tried to hold to comic book art standards and include genre tropes in the basic mechanics: 1st edition Mutants & Masterminds. I dove in.

Dungeons & Dragons I finally started playing college — but that’s a different meandering series of blather.

The other gamers in my ever-changing groups over the years corralled me into GMing early, and so I started coming up with my own settings, setting elements, and NPCs at the same time. My nerdliness runs deep and one predominant symptom is a fixation on details. I couldn’t stop with just my own characters or NPCs to populate the spaces around the other player’s efforts. Nope. I created universes, histories, cosmologies, timelines, character genealogies, and so on. The full avalanche of mental detritus that other parents would have taken as a sign to get me into therapy early. Luckily, my parents were oblivious.

The seed for what would later become the A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files was my playing in a Golden Age Champions campaign back around ‘91 or so. My character was “Doc Steel,” designed to be a crossover homage to Doc Savage and Philip Wylie’s Gladiator. That campaign was a lot of fun, and I started building the “world” that surrounded Doc to use in my other games. Thus began my first campaign notebook. A paper notebook, yes. The first of many that filled with setting notes. Some items were just a name and a few sentences, others page upon page of cramped information that leaked out through the margins and into the corners. Those notebooks saw a number of the characters it contained translated into one system after another.

Sometime around 2002 or so, a few friends and I got together and discussed the OGL and the flood of third-party materials. Arrogant nerds that we were, we decided if much of the material we were seeing could see publication and sales, we could certainly beat a lot of what we saw. We decided to form Blackwyrm Studios and we each did some freelance work here and there to scrabble together funds to support the company’s legal birth. Dave had already put in several years of fanzine work and publishing, Derrick was doing a bunch of art for Hero Games, and even Ryan already had credits for his mapmaking and vehicle design. Me? My sole published credit in the industry prior to our discussion had been a single article in an issue of the Earthdawn Journal. I felt a little …light …in the credit department while sitting at the table where were trying to decide what project we wanted pursue as Blackwyrm’s first as a company. So, I had brought my notebooks full of material to show I could pull my weight. Derrick and I had both seen the announcements regarding the Superlink license and ultimately it came down to Superlink/M&M or HERO games. The deciding factor? The license offered by HERO cost money to use and the Superlink license from Green Ronin didn’t. Bada-Bing-Bada-Bam.

Now, when we made that decision, Ryan lost the vote 3:1 on that first project. He wanted to do D&D stuff, or d20 Modern, or pretty much anything that wasn’t superheroes. Little did we realize at the time how deep his antipathy for the genre ran.

We played around with names for a while before falling back on the fictional conceit I had already used in a few games, namely that the “records” being seen were files compiled by A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. for use by Doc and other authorized viewers. Ergo, The A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files as the name of the product series. Derrick did almost all of the interior character art and Ryan did all the pre-press formatting, some clean-up on Derrick’s art where needed, and all the digital coloring. Dave did the layout (…in MS Word, people. Yes, MS Word. Dave can do things with that software that Gates’ people probably don’t know how to do). I did about 90-95% of the writing and character design, with me and Dave dividing up editing duties (Dave catching the lion’s share so I could keep writing as we approached our planned deadline). Derrick even pulled in a friend of his named Eric Rademacher to do vehicles and HQ art (we loved his version of Fortress so much, Ryan tinkered with it a little to put it on the cover).

Then we ran into our first major complication. Not a lot of gamers understand the cost structure of producing material for publication unless they’ve actually been involved in the business. We discovered that the per unit cost bump to publish the book as a hardcover was trivial. Yay. Hardcover B&W was well within our resources to cover. The per unit cost bump to publish in full color, however, was gobsmacking. The planned print run, if done in color, was going to cost us between 4 to 5 times the total resources we were willing to use, and that was best case scenario after reaching out to contacts at different game companies and throughout the book trade to hunt down competitive bids. Jeez. So, B&W hardcover was what we did, putting Ryan’s color art up on our company website for people to look at.

Ryan was understandably unhappy about the hours he had put in coloring art that wouldn’t actually see print. We, as a group, were unhappy with the noticeable drop in enthusiasm from the distributors for a B&W product versus a color product. Such was life.

Anyway, a lot of fans seemed to like the 1st edition AF and that was a definite positive.

About this time, I met Steve at Gencon and we had a talk about the game and other things. I walked away with an invite to join the freelancer pool for GR, and, once I had access to the listserv for the freelancers, I saw that work was well underway for a 2nd edition M&M.

We (Blackwyrm) had already been discussing a WWII book that went back and presented some of the stuff only mentioned as vague references in the first book. We decided to change that from 1st edition rules to 2nd, with GR informing us that we would be the first third-party book out for 2nd edition, coinciding with their release of the 2nd ed core book at the upcoming Gencon. We were happy, GR was happy. There was joy, rainbows, and unicorns… for a short while, anyhow.

Then boom.

Less than a week before Gencon, with our print run next on the docket and arranged to be drop-shipped to Indianapolis on completion, the printer’s entire business imploded catastrophically, screwing us, a handful of other game publishers, and some commercial enterprises with actual legal staffs (guess who got priority?). We not only didn’t get our run printed, they tied up our funds for the several months it took us to get matters fixed and our moneys extricated from the dumpster fire. By the time we had our money back and we were able to get the print run done elsewhere for Fires of War, there had already been several other 2nd ed books published. Hell, I had even already finished my writing on both of the first freelance contracts for GR — PARAGONS and Worlds of Freedom —and was almost entirely done with the writing on the core A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files 2.0 book. It was an aggravating experience as a company, and it cost a lot of good will we would have needed among the partners to move on.

The next thing we did together was Lux Aeternum for the True 20 roll out. This was Ryan’s baby and I had very little to do with it. As I had monopolized the writing and design on all the M&M stuff, Dave and Ryan did 99% of Lux. While working on some of the interior art, Ryan also started his own side company doing digital art for ship and building design. Lux Aeternum saw print … and made barely a noticeable blip in the radar, fanbase-wise. This was Ungood for our cohesion as a company.

By this point the writing was on the wall for the company itself. Ryan didn’t want to work on any more of that “supercapeguy crap.” Derrick was getting hammered right and left with a bunch of ridiculous but mucho nasty real-life stuff that it would take him (quite literally) years to get out from under. Dave really wanted to shift the company from 100% game design and publishing to a substantial amount of its business being publishing Sci-Fi and Fantasy fiction for both new and established authors that he knew or was meeting through his business contacts and organizations. I didn’t really have a defined spot at the odd-looking table that was shaping up and given my real-life obligations, I was cool with that.

My wife and I had adopted two special needs kids, both our employers were undergoing massive changes (my employer had been bought out by another corp, the first of many such buy-outs in the upcoming years, and the cascading series of kerfluffles that was happening to the state government and would continue to happen for the next 10 years and two governors was just starting to surface and cause my wife many headaches and sleepless nights), and major illnesses and deaths began plaguing our families and friends with depressing regularity.

Looking at the next three contracts I had lined up with GR, the several other technical writing contracts I had lined up outside of the gaming industry, and my slate of day-to-day obligations, I suggested Blackwyrm meet as a company and discuss the future. I wanted out, as did Derrick and Ryan. I told the guys that I didn’t want my shares bought out in money — instead, all I wanted was the complete and unencumbered legal ownership of my IP, the 95+% of the A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files that was my work and my work alone. They found those terms agreeable. Derrick and Ryan took cash for their shares and Dave was left as the sole owner of Blackywrm (at least until he acquired other partners later).

Once again, the A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. Files (TAF) existed only in the form of my notebook entries (now spanning multiple notebooks). Over the years of doing work for Green Ronin, I would eventually get into the habit of drawing on one of three sources for many of the ideas I sold them in my writing.

<>Entirely original and having nothing to with pre-existing TAF material: This would be stuff like the character Adamant, where I would suggest stuff I saw as needed to fill in “holes,” which in Adamant’s case was someone to fill the Juggernaut/Doomsday role. Also, sometimes Jon or Steve would throw out a name or description or a few details and leave the rest to me, or ask me to stat up characters they already had ideas for (such as Doctor Shock or Tribal) or who had been mentioned in previous books and needed a write-up (like Blackthorn or King Cole II*)

<>Adaptable material: These were requests whose scant details or general descriptions already matched up to something I had written of in my notebooks before. I adapted the material and sold it; e.g., several magic items and entreatable entities in the Book of Magic.

<>Full-on matches: This was where a description or set of details or the general “we’re looking for something like…” included in a request from GR matched exactly stuff I had already written. I cleaned up my existing material and formatted it right in with no muss or fuss. A good example of this would have been The House That Hate Built from PARAGONS.

I also used this method with the M&M stuff I wrote for Dawsey over at Vigilance Press. Couldn’t do that with the Marvel Cortex stuff I wrote for MWP, but who am I to complain about getting to write Marvel stuff?

Over time, I grew … we’ll just call it “dissatisfied” … with my freelance relationship dealing with Green Ronin. There were lots of reasons and I won’t go into detail about them in public. Suffice to say, the conversions I wrote up for Freedom City 3E are VERY likely the last things you’ll see with my name on them published by Chris and Nicole. Similarly, my experiences with MWP and Catalyst Game Labs pretty much soured me on doing freelance for pretty much anyone in the industry again as those experiences reminded me of previous bad experiences back in the beginning with Gold Rush Games and Tintagel Media during the “scrabble funds for creating our own company” period. The exception is Vigilance Press — Dawsey is an excellent person to do work for and I’d take a contract from him without hesitation.

Anywho, about the time all this was happening, I had the bright idea [<= note: this is sarcasm] to publish my material under my own name. I had certainly gotten a lot of vocal and vociferous requests to do so over the years, and if I couldn’t trust me not to screw with me, who could I trust? And thus was started the 3rd edition versions of TAF, with spiffy art by Alex Williamson and professional layout by Eloy Lasanta (another great person to work with).

Mournful sigh.

Much rue.

Insert lengthy trains of self-deprecating anecdotes here.

It turns out that I have what is known in comic book and forum-using circles as a “Doom Patrol” fanbase. This means they’re fewer in number than they appear because their vocal enthusiasm completely drowns out any meaningful attempt to accurately gauge the size of them as a group. They are loud. They are loyal. But they are not as many in number as a business might otherwise hope for. Of the 21 products I put out under my Wordmonkey Studios imprint over at DrivethruRPG, the sales were remarkably consistent. I sold between 63-66 copies of every single one of them, and all generally within the first week of them going on sale. Remarkably consistent sales. God bless those 60-something customers. I love’em, each and every one, even though I don’t know but a few of their names (emails of gratitude and compliments are a highlight for any creator’s ego). Unfortunately, I needed 74 copies of each product sold on average to break even given the unit net return and productions costs. Yes, I admit publicly and freely that I lost money on every single one of them. I chalk this up as a learning experience and life lesson. After my other experiences over most of the last 20 years, I’m pretty much done with the industry (see my statement about Vigilance Press, though). Tis not the place for me, and that’s okay. Less fuss and unlike most of the people I know in the industry I’m financially secure in the real world and have benefits.

I’m not done with gaming, however, or growing my notes and writing my stuff. In the future, though, it will be done without care towards what would sell or not, or what a developer/editor would want. It’s just me satisfying me.

*Funny Story: When Steve sent out the writing assignments for Freedom's Most Wanted, McG later asked to write Cole (as he had apparently originated the mentions of the character) and Steve said, "sure," completely forgetting that he had already assigned it to me. He was extremely apologetic the he realize what he'd don (Steve has never been anything but polite and professional in his dealings with me) and awkwardly asked if I had any ideas nohow to modify my work so both could be used (as the two are very different characters). I think he thought I could change some names around and slap-whammo new character. Instead, I suggested to him that my Cole be from a an alternate Earth fleeing apprehension from hero-types there. And now you guys know a little bit of backstage lore you didn't before. Ain't life grand?
Last edited by That Sullivan Guy on Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~A~

Abraxas [##PUBLISHED##]

Absolute Zero

Adonis [##PUBLISHED##]

The Aerie
a. Blackbird (see also, “Dusk”)
b. Cyberhawk
c. Raptor
d. Roc

Afterburner (a.k.a. “SuperSonic”) [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Agent Amazon and The Dragon’s Bride

Agent Atom

Albion

The Alchemist [##PUBLISHED##]

All-American (The Sentinels)

A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N. [ALGorithmic ElectRonic Neural Operations Network] (The Sentinels)

A.L.P.H.A. (Association for the Legitimate Preservation of Human Achievement) [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Alpha Male [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Alpha Mech [##PUBLISHED##]

Amadeus

Amalgam [##PUBLISHED##]

“Amazing Grace” (Dr. Grace Challenger)

The American Eagles
a. Avery Hawkins
b. Angelo Benzetti
c. Cassandra Jennings
d. Samuel Lincoln
e. Percy Tidwell

American Dream (I) (The Sentinels)

Anathema

Animech [##PUBLISHED##]

Anthem (I) (The Sentinels)

Anvil [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Apex [##PUBLISHED##]

Apparition [##PUBLISHED##]

The Aquarian (The Sentinels)

Aquatique

Archangel (a.k.a. “The Disciple”) (Sentinels — Reserve Member)

Archimedes Jones (The Sentinels)

Argus [##PUBLISHED##]

The Armageddon Engine

The Arsenal of Democracy (original)
a. Anthem (II)
b. American Dream (II)
c. (“Old”) Ironsides
d. Minuteman
e. Battle Hymn
f. American Eagle
g. Red, White, and Blue

The Arsenal of Democracy (current) [##PUBLISHED##]
a. Anthem (II)
b. Rampart
c. USAngel
d. American Spirit
e. Pluribus
f. S.T.A.R.S. [Special Tactical Assault Response System]
g. S.T.R.I.P.E.S. [Special Tactical Response, Interdiction, and Personnel Extraction System]
h. Patriot Directive/ Patriot Elite trooper
i. Jessup Guthrie
j. Arlo Masterton

The Artificer's Guild (Constituent Organization of The Parliament of Shadows) [##PUBLISHED##]
a. Lady Nightshade;
b. Keepsake,
c. The Damascene
d. The Cauldron
e. The Circle of Solomon (a.k.a. “The Solemn Men”)
f. The Iron Wheel
g. The Kaliban Kult
h. The Rosebearers
i. Scimus

The Assembly [##PUBLISHED##]

Atlas (The Sentinels)

The Atomic Samurai

Avery “Dash” Armstrong
Last edited by That Sullivan Guy on Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~B~

Baby Boom

Babyface

Bad Penny

Badmouth

Balthazar Dread

The Bargainer (Albion Caul) [##PUBLISHED##]

Baron Brass

Baron Brimstone [##PUBLISHED##]

Baron Gottried Von Richtor and Die EisenReich

Baron Stefan Von Eibor (Die Schwartzenbuchen dem Eibor)

Bastion

Battalion (a.k.a. “The One-Man Army”) [##PUBLISHED##]

Battleaxe

Bestiary and Smackdown

Big Daddy and Cherry Bomb

Bile [##PUBLISHED##]

Birthright [##PUBLISHED##]

Blackbone [##PUBLISHED##]

Black Hat

Blackheart (The Sentinels) [##PUBLISHED##]

Blacklight

Blacksun

Blacktop

Blackwing [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Bladeface

Blight

Blindside

Bliss

Die Blitzen Geschwader (“The Lightning Squadron”) (Earth Gamma III)
a. Hauptmann Donner
b. Dame Seig
c. Kreuzritter
d. Rakete Gruppen
e. Der Eule
f. Lorelei
g. Doppelgänger
h. Der Schwartzenstern
i. Die Schoktruppen —cyber-enhanced Amerikan SS troops
j. Der Eisenspaziergänger (Iron Walkers, i.e., mini-mechs)]

Blizzard Wizard

Blood Brother

Bloodstar

The Blur (The Sentinels)

Body Shop [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Bombshell (The Sentinels)

The Bonesmith

Boneyard

Brainchild [##PUBLISHED##]

Braintrust

Brother Basilisk

Brother Grimm (The Sentinels)

Brotherhood of Silence

Die Buchen dem Blut ("Books of Blood")

Bugout (The Sentinels)

The Bulldog

Buzzkill
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~C~

Cadaver

Cagliostro (The Sentinels)

Caliber
Captain Caligula and the crew of The Horror (interdimensional marauder ship)
a. Battle Brigands
b. Flynn
c. Grease Monkey
d. HK (“Hunter-Killer”)
e. T.H.U.G. Mk VI
f. Timeframe

Captain Carrion [originally “Captain Courage”]

Captain Claw (Historical)

Captain Courage

Captain Oblivion [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Carapace [##PUBLISHED##]

The Carcosae (a.k.a. The Heirs of Carcosa)

Carnelian

The Caul Family
a. Cornelius Caul
b. The Sisters Gretchen and Sabine Caul
c. Sigerson Caul

The Challenger Family
a. Cassius
b. Magnus
c. Peregrine & Plantagenet

Challenger, Lucien

Challenger, Dr. Percival (The Sentinels)

Chango

Chain Lightning

The Chaos Coalition
a. Balefire
b. Dybbuk
c. Hauntsman
d. Phantasm
e. Starweaver
f. Undine
g. Wormhole

Charlatan

Chimera

The Choir Infernal

Chronarch and The Chronoguard
a. Chronovore
b. E.P.O.C.H.
c. Father Time
d. Split Second
e. Tempus Rex
f. Timekiller

Chronotron

Chronicle

Crybaby

Cipher a.k.a. Cipherman

The Circle of Brass (Constituent Organization of The Parliament of Shadows)
a. Lord Iblis
b. Djinn X
c. Sister Shaitan
d. The Subtle Brothers
e. Al-Ubbadan (“Masters of Faith”)

The Circle of Steel ([Earth-Delta version of the current Sentinels’ team] King Steel, The Steel Throne, AGATHA)
a. Callisto
b. Cybergod
c. Invictus
d. Lord Arcane
e. Psiren
f. Speed Monster
g. Starslayer
h. Vodyanoi

Cirque Diabolique [“Devil’s Circus”] (Grotesque and Wretch)
a. Ironjaw
b. Muck
c. Payback
d. Red Giant
e. Roughneck
f. Runt
g. Sawtooth
h. Slaughterhouse 7.0
i. Tommy Tornado
j. Warhammer
k. Wolfspider

Clockwise

Clockwork King

Club Infinity
a. Alessandro Numen (alias Longinus)
b. Dr. Trismegistus (alias Comte De St. Germaine)
c. Hernando De Leon (alias Ponce De Leon)
d. Lady Avalon (alias Morgan Le Fay)
e. Monique Delacroix (alias Ayesha)
f. Mr. Wilde (alias Dorian Gray)

The Clue Crew
a. Joshua Omen
b. Agrippinia “Penny” Challenger and Perseus
c. Kronk
d. Tokyo Jones

Code Monkey

Cogito (I)

The Cold Front
a. Blueblood
b. Chiller
c. The Cold Warrior
d. Frostbite
e. Ice Age

The Confederate Knights
a. Son of the South
b. Wabash
c. Rebel Yell
d. White Lightning
e. Moonshine
f. Dixie Devil
g. Stonewall

Conquistador

Conrad Cain

Control Freak

Corona, the Living Star

Cortex [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

The Covenant (Chapterhouses, Motherhouse, “Perdition Plaza”)
a. Order of Azrael —Strike Teams / Combat Arms
b. Order of Gabriel —Admin and Liaisons
c. Order of Michael — Security
d. Order of Raguel — Internal Affairs / Judicial Matters
e. Order of Raphael —Support /Medical
f. Order of Sariel — Intelligence / Infiltration
g. Order of Uriel — Research / Archives

The Crazy Eight
a. Dr. Disco/Felix Funk
b. Answer Man
c. Boom Box
d. Deadpan
e. King Kludge
f. Laugh Riot
g. Malvolio
h. Shenanigan

Crescendo and Dirge

Crime Wave

The Crimesmith

CrimeTime (MC X-Treme!, PrimeCrime App)
a. Beatdown
b. Betty Boom
c. Blackbody
d. Chain Gang
e. Critter
f. Death Knell
g. Fiendblood and TurboDevil
h. Fortunato
i. Hexum
j. iKill
k. Iron Orchid
l. Kid Katalyst
m. Killerwatt
n. Mistuh Tribe
o. Sahara
p. Sigil
q. Tank
r. Wheelman
s. Wida-Maka
t. Xaos

The Crimson Cadre (Bagrovyj Kadry)(Original group)
a. Boyegolovka (“Warhead” (I-II))
b. Chemlion (“Champion” (I-II))
c. Gara (“Mountain”)
d. Perun (I-III)
e. Poolya (“Bullet”)
f. Zmey (“Dragon”)

The Crimson Cadre [a.k.a. The Echoes of October (Otgoloski Oktyabrya)]
a. Krasnoivolk (“Red Wolf”)
b. Matushka Rossiya (“Mother Russia”)
c. Perun (IV, i.e., the current)
d. Rusalka
e. Sumasshedshiy Ivan (“Crazy Ivan”)
f. Tanets s sablyami (“Sabredance”)

The Crone

Crossbow (The Sentinels)

Crossfire

Crucible

Cryptkicker

Cryptonaut (The Sentinels)

Custodes Veritas (a.k.a. “The Librarians”)

Cyberjack

The Cybertribe [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]
a. Motherboard
b. Pulse
c. Digital Demon
d. Rez
e. Sister Steel
f. Heavy Metal

Czar Drago, Lord of Dragovina (Constituent Member of The Parliament of Shadows)
a. Necrobots
Last edited by That Sullivan Guy on Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~D~

Daemoniac

Dagon (and his Sharkskins)

Danger, Inc.
a. (Dr.) Armante Mirabilis
b. Jack Devil
c. John Phoenix
d. Lady Katherine Harkness
e. Richard “The Rocket” Ramirez

Deadbeat

Deadly Nightshade

Death Metal
a. Ghost-in-the-Machine
b. Technocide
c. Upgrade
d. Skeletrons
e. (John Q. Public)
f. (Model Citizens)

Deathshead

Decibelle (The Sentinels)

Deep Blue (The Sentinels)

Delphi

Dementia

Demonseed

Dervish

The Devil Dogz

DevilKnight (The Sentinels)

Devil's Advocate

Devilz Dozen a.k.a. "DeeDee"

Diamond Jim

Dingo and Walkabout

Diva (I)

Doc Steel (The Sentinels)

Doc Toxic

Doctor Dreamtime

Dr. Cauchemar (a.k.a. Comte Cauchemar)

Dr. December

Dr. Deimos

Dr. Diablo

Dr. Diablo 2.0 (Know-Ware, REVenant)

Dr. Draconian

Dr. Echidna

Dr. Frogg

Dr. Grimm (II) [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Dr. Horatio Hyde

Dr. Medusa

Dr. Penance

Dr. Rune

Dr. Scarab (II)

Dr. Scorpio

Dr. Zodiac

Doktor Ghul

Doktor Thüle

Dollface [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Dollhouse

Double Down

Dragonfly

Dreadnought

Helston Dredd (Historical)

Cavendish Drew (Historical)

Dryad

Dusk (The Sentinels — Reserve Member)

Dynamo (The Sentinels)

Dzoor the Relentless
Last edited by That Sullivan Guy on Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~E~

Earth Angel

Eidolon

Eightball

The Eightfold Web [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

The Eight Immortals (Chinese Government’s “official” super-team)
a. Lotus
b. Firedancer
c. Shen
d. Wu Sheng
e. The Yama King
f. Emperor in Jade
g. Thousandscales
h. Xiangsheng

Die Einsatzgruppen Übersoldaten
a. SchwartzenRitter (“The Black Knight”)
b. Grendel
c. Jotun (“Giant”)
d. Eisenkreuz (“Iron Cross”)
e. Lorelei
f. Frau Doktor Veronika Von Frankenstein
g. Ungeheuer (“Ogre”)
h. Die Spinne (“The Spider”)
i. Parzifal
j. Herr Nacht (“Mr. Night”)
k. Blut und Eisen (“Blood and Iron”)

Eklipsor

Electric Avenue Irregulars
a. Disco Queen
b. Jack Hammer
c. Nowhere Man (I)
d. Oddball
e. Silverback

Emoticon

Emperor Jones

Enginehead

Eon

Epitaph

Epiphany Jones [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

The Eternal Reich
a. Das Auge ("The Eye")
b. Doktor Eklipse
c. Eisen Ritter ("Iron Knight")
d. Die Wolfsatz ("The Wolfpack")
e. Kriegsjotunn (“Wargiants”)
f. Surtr

Everyman

Exemplar (The Sentinels)
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~F~

Façade

Fallout [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]
a. Ground Zero
b. Half-Life
c. Meltdown

Der Falkner und Die Falken Korps

The Fallen
a. Godking
b. Enigma
c. Dragoness
d. Mindslaughter
e. Blueshift
f. Matrix
g. Seaborn

Fantasia

Fatale

The Fearless Five (Original)
a. Blaze O’Glory
b. Dynamo Joe
c. Hood (I)
d. Samson Smith
e. Malachite the Magnificent

The Fearless Five, Inc. (current)
a. Doc Dynamo
b. Fireball
c. Gloss
d. Kid Kaos
e. Patchwork

Fearmonger

Feedback

FENRIS
a. Eisenhexe (“Iron Witch”)
b. Von Sturm
c. Wunderkind (“Brainchild”)
d. Der Falken II (“The Falcon”)
e. Jaegerin (“Huntress”)
f. Jotun (II) (“Giant”)
g. The Einherjar
h. Shoktruppen Mk I-IV

Feuerzahn ("Firefang")

Figment

Fineous Frost [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Firepower, Inc.
a. Adam Bomb
b. Ammo
c. Armory
d. Barrage

Flying Dutchman

The Fomorian

Forget-Me-Not

Fraternitatem Aeternum Ensis Ferrum (“Eternal Brotherhood of the [Cold] Iron Blade”)

The Freak Parade (Constituent Organization of The Parliament of Shadows)
a. Cabal
b. Calliope
c. Rictus
d. The Demon Tigers
e. The Paradoxies
f. The Stigmatika
g. The Wyrdlings

Freakshow

Fright Knight $$SOLD AND PUBLISHED

The Furies
a. Brainstorm
b. Clique
c. Coppelia 2.0
d. Minerva Challenger
e. Olympia
f. Voodoo Child

Fury (The Sentinels)
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~G~

Gator [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Gauntlet

Gearhead

Geiger-One

Generation Hex
a. Oro
b. Talisman
c. Wyrmson
d. Black Harvest
e. Widdershins

Geomancer

Ghostworks [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

G.H.O.S.T. [Government Headquarters for Opposing Supernatural Threats]
a. Oliver Pell
b. Libris
c. Inquisition

Ghost Bride

Ghost Knight

The Ghoul

Gilgamesh

Glitch

G-Man

The Goblin King (Black Prince, Castellan, Vermimortix)

Godhead

Gold Rush

Goldilocks

Golem

Gossamer (Sentinels — Reserve Member)

Gramm Family
a. “Lady” Lillian Gramm
b. (Senator) Horace Gramm
c. Henry “King Henry” Gramm

The Green Knight

Greenback

Greensleeves

Grey Matter

Grimm the Wanderer (Historical)

Grimsley Gravewright

Group Zero
a. Alexander Steele
b. Cogito (II)
c. Dorian Killgrave
d. Barnabas Frost
e. Amadeus X

G.R.U.N.T.

Gryphon

Gulliver (Sentinels — Reserve Member)

Gunslinger

Gyre and Longbow
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~H~

H.A.T.E. (Hierarchy for Assassination, Terrorism, and Extortion)
a. Black Johnny Tar
b. Brickhouse
c. Chevalier
d. King Kaiju
e. Triomphe

Hachiman

The Hag

Haiku

Hardball (a.k.a. “Change-Up”) [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

The Hangman's Club
a. Blacklight
b. Carnifex (II)
c. Ghostmaker
d. Madrigal
e. Spektr

Hans von Höllenfeuer [“Hellfire”] a.k.a. The Demon Ace

Hardcore (The Sentinels)

Hard Time

Haze

Headstrong (a.k.a. "The Telekinetic Terror")

Heartbreaker

Hecate

The Heirophant (and Cog) [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Hellbent

Hellfire Smith and Amos Brimstone

Hellmonger

The Helloween King

Hell's Angel

Hell's Belles
a. Sanguine
b. Perdition
c. Carrionette
d. Hauntress
e. Maneater

The Hellspawn
a. Azure
b. Cascade
c. Eden
d. Fever Pitch
e. Flay
f. Holly Caust
g. Midnight
h. Murk
i. Naga
j. Pinball
k. Q
l. Sineater
m. Supercharger

The High Hand (and The Deck)
a. Cardsharp
b. Ace of Spades
c. Jack of Diamonds
d. King of Hearts
e. Queen of Clubs

High Tide

Highbrow

Highwayman

Hivemother and Her Swarmtroopers

Hood (II)(The Sentinels)

Hoplite

Horde

Hot Streak and Firedrake

Hotshot

Hourglass (a.k.a. The Temporal Validation Command)
a. The Auditors
b. The Sweepers
c. Dr. Fadeaway
d. Morgana Fata
e. Nick O’Time

The House That Hate Built [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Husk

The Hypersapiens
a. Guesstalt
b. Helix
c. Maxiom
d. Nth
e. Template
f. Viral
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~I~

The Ice Queen

Imago

The Incandescent Man

Incognito

The In-Crowd
a. Drama Queen
b. Eye Candy
c. Lily White
d. Starlet
e. Wannabe

IQ2 (The Sentinels)

Iron Angel (The Sentinels)

Iron Maiden

Iron Skull

Iron Star (“Zhelezney Zvezdy”)

Ironclad (The Sentinels)

Ironheart

Amos Isaacson and his Unbelievers

I.V.A.N. The Terrible
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~J~

Jack B. Quick (The Sentinels)

Jack Dandy

Jack-in-the-Box

Jacknife

Jane Doe

Jenny Greenteeth

Jeepers Creepers

Johnny B. Badd

Johnny Warlock (a.k.a. Sebastian Arcane) (The Sentinels)

Jolly Roger

Joystick

Judgment Day
a. Cestus Dei (“Mailed [or Iron] Fist of God”)
b. Deluge
c. Inquisition
d. Stigmata
e. Vox
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~K~

The Ka Ge Do [“Way of Shadows”] (Constituent Organization of The Parliament of Shadows)
a. Empress of the Unforgiving Moon
b. Lord Kuji
c. Shinobi Sama

Kali and The Kali-Yuga

Kamikaze

The Kaos Krewe

Karmageddon

Kent Cross, The Ghost Detective [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Arwin Kessler (Kesskorp) [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Kid Galahad and Squire

Kid Kadabra (The Sentinels)

Kid Kadaver and The Necronaut [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Kid Karma [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Kid Krome

Kid Shiva

Killjoy (The Sentinels)

King Babylon [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

King Ka

King Kludge

The Kingsguard (Historical)
a. Gibraltar
b. Glorianna
c. Grail Knight
d. Hotspur <Britain of an alternate Earth>
e. Hurricane <Canadian>
f. John Bull
g. Juniper Jinx <Australian>
h. Pendragon
i. Vanguard

Kismet (The Sentinels)

Kitsune

Klaxon

The Knights of Ash
a. Magister
b. Prefects
c. Crusaders

Knightshade

Komet

Kraga Khan and The Primacy

Krait

Kraken

Kriegsgott
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~L~

Lady Avalon

Lament

The Lazarene Brotherhood

Leadfoot

Legion

Leviathan

Lily Lazarus

Little Miss Sunshine

Lone Star

Lord Curse

Lord Empyrean

Lord of Fire
a. Phosfiends

Lord Piltdown a.k.a. The Nefarious Neanderthal Noble

Love Machine
That Sullivan Guy

~People~

~M~

Quentin MacKenzie a.k.a. "King Congo"

Macroman [ (The Sentinels)

Mad Jade and The Dragonsbreath Cult

Madame Machina

Madame Guilloitine

Madame Menagerie

Madame Mercury

Madame Moebius

The Magi
a. The Board
b. Special Assets
c. Expeditors

The Magistrate
a. The Locus

Magog

Magus and Earth Mother

The Magus Maximus

Maiden America (The Sentinels)

Majestic-20 [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Major Mayhem

Mako

Malahk

Maledictus (Constituent Member of The Parliament of Shadows)

The Malefaction (see also Baron Brimstone)
a. Gambling—Jesse and Jackie Chance
b. Prostitution and Human Trafficking—Dolly DeVille
c. Muscle/Enforcers—Rojas y Los Brujos
d. Contract Killing—The Black Chalice {see also Die Nachtkinder}
e. Smuggling—Jenny Greenteeth
f. Drugs—Voodoo Daddy and the Kaos Krewe

Malice A. Forethought

The Malificant Clan
a. Sagramore Malificant
b. Violetta Malificant
c. Cruxley Malificant

The Malleus Mundi

Manitou $$SOLD AND PUBLISHED

Manpower

Manstar

Manticore

The Manus Gloriae (“The Hand of Glory”) Constituent Organization of The Parliament of Shadows)
a. Montressor
b. Endless Knight
c. Blut und Eisen
d. The Avernians
e. The Daedaleans
f. The Eremites
g. The Galateans
h. The Ordo Orichalcum
i. The Paradigma
j. The Sancta Hermeticum

Masks (social club for younger Parahumans)

Master Macabre

Master Mime and Rapunzel

Matriarch

Matryoshka

Maxima

Maximillian Mars [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]

Maxine “Max” Maxim

Maw

Max Madhouse

MAZE
a. Cipher Prime
b. Ciphers

Mean Machine

Medulla (a.k.a. “Madame Medulla” a.k.a. “Miss Medulla”)

Megahurtz

Megamorph

The Menagerie
a. Lady Seraphina
b. Harpy
c. Lioness
d. Prime-8
e. Scaredy-Cat
f. Serpentine
g. Talon
h. Tusk

Meridian (The Sentinels)

MERLIN (Mobile Experimental Research Laboratories International Networks) [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]
a. Calamity Jane
b. Quicksilver Queen

Mesmerelda

Mighty Miracle Guardians [$$SOLD AND PUBLISHED$$]
a. Ghost Angel Goddess
b. Giant 66
c. Invincible Iron Whirlwind
d. King Fire
e. Resplendent Fighting Phoenix

The Mighty Shih
a. Shitau (“Stone”)
b. Shu Congming (“Book of Wisdom”)
c. Dianjishi (“The Engineer”)
d. Lung (“Dragon”)

Mindgame

Mindstalker (The Sentinels)

The Mirror Men

Mirror Mistress

Miss Fortune

Miss Moloch

Mob Rule

Monstermind and The Freak Factory
a. Cutsnake
b. Kid Squid
c. Nebulous
d. Ratbag
e. Undertaker

Mordecai Scythe

Morningstar Acquisitions (Constituent Organization of The Parliament of Shadows)
a. Luciphelia del Diabli
b. Nightmare Factory
c. Vandal
d. The Coinmakers
e. The House of Faust
f. Manus Argentum (“The Hand of Silver”)
g. The Sindicate

Morpheus

Mortis

MOTHERLAND

Mother Mind

Mr. 13

Mr. Impossible

Mr. Minutiae

Mudpie

The Murder Quorum

The Muse

Myriad