The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

Post by Tony Jones »

But on the other hand if it was in keeping with their core rules, presumably the deity would be cheering them on!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It does depend on the deity. The few angels encountered who are still affiliated with Heaven have made it very clear that the Lord does NOT approve of violence in His name, no matter against whom.
Both the Catholic Church and most (but not all) Protestant confessions have also condemned hunting witches. Same goes for moderate Islam.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I was wondering if the Abrahamic God existed in the Merge universe. I guess the answer is 'yes' then...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

You'll always get the crazies who do think they are on a holy war. If the witches don't take care of it and incapacitate them, then the local authorities would deal with it. Like with anything of that nature, it depends on the local and national governments I'd think. For example, in the United States, it might be considered a hate crime.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:34 pm I was wondering if the Abrahamic God existed in the Merge universe. I guess the answer is 'yes' then...
It's slightly more complicated than that. Here is the relevant passage from the setting document:

Now...that only leaves the question about big-G God. YHWH, Allah, Jehovah, Aten, the Source, the
Prime Mover, Ahura Mazda...whatever His (or Her) name is.

God in the Merged Universe is probably the biggest case of MGS ever. Basically, all transcendent
deities that were not Eldritch Abominations (which are not really independent entities anyway but
feeder tendrils of the Devourer Beneath), found themselves inhabiting the same platonic space...and
seamlessly merged together.

To those paying more attention to the more belligerent aspects of monotheism, it would be surprising
how peaceful this event was - that is, if any mortal knew what had happened.

To avoid confusion among mortals, the angels and other servants of God have been silent on the matter
while they themselves have witnessed this merge and the resulting gestalt entity called only "The
Glory".

This entity appears to be wholly benevolent, but surprisingly passive, not being willing to interfere with
mortal lives directly. It has, however, empowered some priests and superheroes. If this benevolence
remains or if the more....problematic aspects of God resurface... that is something only time can tell...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OK, fair enough! Thanks! Been a while since I read the setting document.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I came back from vacation on Wednesday updated my computer and the update crashed it completely. Now it's in the shop being looked at. I hate Microsoft. Their motto is, if it's not broke let's "fix it". May they get swarmed by Zubat and Miltanks.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

That's a pain! Sorry to hear it...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Gah. What good is their "protection" when it makes your computer unusable?

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

That's why I do not run Windows updates anymore.
So, what's your guys' next step?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

It took out my hard drive.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kirinke wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:28 pm Gah. What good is their "protection" when it makes your computer unusable?
Good for their bank balance when it makes you buy a new computer from them!
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:46 pm So, what's your guys' next step?
Really waiting on an opinion from Viv and Adelth. I think Amy's right that we should probably put off meeting with the werewolves to sort this out. At least find out what they're here for.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I will try to get something up IC shortly, but I wanted to lay some stuff out here.

The IC is likely to be a bit disjointed- more on that in a minute.

I think we should go ahead with the meeting as planned, though now forewarned that there are other factors at work- we know whoever is in the mysterious building wants to spy on the meeting via drone, so we will have to see if we have a way to forestall that. If nothing else Lilly can soundproof us, so they can only get visual data. But if somebody has any anti-drone or visual concealment, now is the time. We need to let the organizers know about the other factors, both the folks in the building and the darksider (and that they are probably connected).

Let our Ministry handlers know something bigger is going on here, in case something happens to us. Notify local authorities that something is going on- maybe have them send a car to scope out the building, see if we can make them nervous (but not so nervous that they lash out). Maybe leave a watcher who can let let us know if the building crew get up to something while the rest of us are out in the woods?

>So that disjointedness: While a lot of the world is focused on one health problem that starts with "C" and references Vaccines and Variants, my little household is dealing with the other health problem that starts with "C"- the one that goes with Biopsy and Recurrence (after round 1 in Summer/Fall 2020). Appointment later this week, results in a day or two after that. Very nervous and discouraged right now, and my creative mojo basically empty. I'll update once we have more info, but if things look like the oncologist has warned us they might, I'm going to be out for a bit.

Sorry.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

That really sucks pathfinder. Hope it gets better for you!

Battle Init