[D&D5e] The Uncannyverse

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Uncanny

Re: [D&D5e] The Uncannyverse

Post by Uncanny »

I was born in the 80's, but I grew up during the 90's. I probably spent more hours playing my Playstation then actually studying for school. I spent some time playing RPG's, but I truly devoted the majority of my time on fighting games, and I own nearly the entire Tekken series. It's a toss up between Tekken 2, and Tekken 3 for my favorite title from the series. I love the roster for the 3rd game in the franchise, but Tekken 2 is the first game I played in the franchise so it holds sentimental value for me. King the jaguar masked wrestler, and Eddy Gordo a Brazilian capoeira fighter are the 2 characters I use the most during play. However all of the fighters on the roster are badass. Unlike most 3D fighting games Tekken characters don't spam ranged attacks, and apart from some flashy lighting and fire effects none of the fighter's on the roster have any special moves. The game has some wonky physics so it's possible for a fighter to juggle a enemy. Launching an opponent in the air with a powerful kick or punch, and landing combo on a airborne but slow falling opponent the other player couldn't input commands until his battered fighter hit the ground.

I'm haven't found a good juggling mechanic for 5th edition dungeons & dragons, so instead I will include the majority of the roster in my homebrew campaign. Heihachi Mishima will replace the mechanist from Avatar the Last Airbender series. The de facto leader of the Northern air temple in the earth kingdom. Shang Tsung from the Mortal Kombat franchise will be located in the great swamp in southwest region of the Earth kingdom, M. Bison of the Street fighter fame will be located near Skyrim on Tamriel, and Cervantes from the Soul Blade franchise is a pirate and thus can be found almost anywhere on the planet of Nirn. The Tekken or 'Iron Fist' tournament will be the lowest tier level competition of the Brawler's League.

EDIT 1: Next up is Terminator Franchise.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

The Terminator film franchise started back in 1984. A sci-fi flick starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, and directed by James Cameron. The plot revolves around a cyborg assassin sent back in time from 2029 to 1984 to kill Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton), whose unborn son will one day save mankind from extinction by a hostile artificial intelligence in a post-apocalyptic future. Cameron devised the premise of the film from a fever dream he experienced during the release of his first film, Piranha II: The Spawning (1982), in Rome, and developed the concept in collaboration with Wisher. He sold the rights to the project to fellow New World Pictures alumna Hurd on the condition that she would produce the film only if he were to direct it. Defying low pre-release expectations, The Terminator topped the United States box office for two weeks, eventually grossing $78.3 million against a modest $6.4 million budget. It is credited with launching Cameron's film career and solidifying Schwarzenegger's status as a leading man. In 2008, The Terminator was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the National Film Registry as "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

The sci-fi franchise includes several movies however most folks agree that the sequel Terminator 2 Judgment Day was the best of the bunch. I agree, and despite the fact I don't think terminator 3 is a bad film. The rest of the fanbase basically treats anything that isn't from the first two movies as non canon. For my homebrew I will include a army of terminators, which I will blend with the Borg from the Star Trek series. The killer Robot's will reside in the south pole of the southern continent. They basically will be the Uncannyverse version of the Night King and his horde from the Game of Thrones television series. Time travel will exist in my homebrew, but much like the Terminator franchise. Players will only be able to send their characters backwards in time. The trip will be one way, and anybody sent backward in time will arrive naked. Alright so that concludes most of my influences for the Uncannyverse. It's about time to run a one-shot to see how this all comes together. I mentioned before I had 2 idea's for plot hooks so that I could test different aspects of my campaign. The first idea involves a heist at a wedding. So that I could see how all my guilds/religions/great houses blended together for political intrigue. The 2nd idea I had was a brawling gladiator tournament basically to test the combat abilities of my homebrew races, and backgrounds.

EDIT 1: Hoid, and MacynSnow have their spots reserved. I will be looking for 3 to 4 other players more details to come soon. I just watched the new Dune movie. I'm sorta disappointed where the movie ends, but overall it was a good film it made some slight changes from the book that I didn't see coming, and visually it is far superior to the previous movie released in the 80's. I enjoyed the costume design, and the cast didn't disappoint. I wish part 2 was coming out sooner rather than later, but apparently the studio is waiting to see if this first movie makes a profit before green lighting a sequel. Also the film is available on the HBO streaming service.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

I'm gonna try to summarize this homebrew campaign world as best I can. The planet is named Nirn, and surrounded by 3 moons. The 5 continents are named Sorthoroyos, Essos, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and Tamriel.

The 9 of the 10 major guilds from Ravnica have been renamed as

Azorius Senate = Starfleet Federation. Headquarters on Deep Space 9.

Boros Legion = The Blades. Headquarters in Imperial City, Tamriel

House Dimir = The Bene Gesserit. Headquarters on Kyoshi Island south of the Earth Kingdom

Golgari Swarm = House Karnath. Headquarters in Qohor, Essos

The Gruul Clans = The Bounty Hunter's Clans. Headquarters in Skyrim, Tamriel

Izzet League = The Ixian Syndicate. Headquarters on the Summerset Isle near Tamriel

Orzhov Syndicate = The Iron Bank. Headquarters are located in the city of Braavos, Essos

Selesyna Conclave = The Harper's Combine. Headquarters in the Foggy swamp, Earth Kingdom

Simic Combine = The Knowhere Conclave. Headquarters on a orbiting space station

The cult of Rakdos will keep it's name, and it's headquarters will remain hidden.

List of Daedric Princes with their spheres of influence, and the Dragonmark they will be associated with in the Uncannyverse

Azura – A Prince who maintains/draws power from the balance of night and day, light and dark
Mark of Shadow

Boethiah – The Prince of deceit, secrecy, conspiracy, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority.
Mark of Detection

Clavicus Vile – The Prince of deals, pacts, power, bargains, and serenity through wish fulfillment.
Mark of Scribing

Hermaeus Mora – The formless Daedric Prince of knowledge and memory, seeks to possess all that is knowable.
Mark of Making

Hircine – The Prince of the hunt, sport, the Great Game, and the Chase.
Mark of Handling

Malacath – The Prince whose sphere is the patronage of the spurned and ostracized
Mark of Sentinel

Mehrunes Dagon – The Prince of destruction, violent upheaval, energy, and mortal ambition.
Mark of Storm

Mephala – The Prince of unknown plots and obfuscation, a master manipulator, a sower of discord.
Mark of Finding

Meridia – The Prince of the energies of all living things, enemy of the undead and all who disrupt the flow of life
Mark of Healing

Nocturnal – The Prince of the night and darkness, the patron of all things secretive
Mark of Warding

Peryite – The Taskmaster, the Daedric Prince of Pestilence, desires order in his domain.
Mark of Passage

Sanguine – The Prince of hedonism, debauchery, and the further indulgences of one's darker nature.
Mark of Hospitality

A short list of the Daedric Marked races, Great houses, and their economic specialties

Twi'lek - Mark of Storm ; Great House d'Syndulla ; Air & Sea Transportation

Halfling - Mark of Passage ; Great House d'Orien ; Land Transportation

dwarf/dwemer -Mark of Making ; Great House d'Infinium ; Manufacturing,

Triton - Mark of Hospitality ; Great House d'Ghallanda ; Food, Lodging, Rumors.

Chocobo -Mark of Healing ; Great House d'Nunda ; Hospitals

Orc - Mark of Sentetinel ; Great House d'Tharashk ; Bodyguards, Mercenaries,

Dragonborn -Mark of Warding ; Great House d'Ur-Dra ; Banking, Storage, Dungeons

Dark Elf - Mark of Shadow ; Great House d'Phiarlan ; Espionage, Assassination

Minotaur -Mark of Scribing ; Great House d'Barbas ; Communication, Verification,

Goblin - Mark of Finding ; Great House d'Medani ; Investigation, Prospecting,

Each Daedric Marked Great Houses dominates a different economic sector in the Uncannyverse. Think of them as having the wealth, and influence of a modern Fortune 500 company with the aesthetics of a feudal monarchy.

Here is a list of the major religions found on the planet Nirn, and how they relate the Mythic Odyssey of Theros pantheon

*The Earthseed religion in Octavia Butler's Parable of the Sower KARAMETRA

*The Bajoran religion � Star Trek: Deep Space Nine THASSA

*Cavism (Gore Vidal's novel Messiah)- a religion founded by John Cave, an undertaker/ Necromonger religion EREBOS

* The Klingon religion ; https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Klingon_religion MOGIS

* Bene Gesserit Zensunni is a syncretic religious belief combining principles of Zen Buddhism and Sunni Islam. KLOTHYS

*Cylon Monothiesm ; https://en.battlestarwikiclone.org/wiki/Cylon_Religion PURPHOROS

*Covenant religion Halo franchise EPHARA

*Soterism an Egypto-Hellenic synthesis founded by a fiery Egyptian prophet, whose followers called him HELIOD
"Soter" - the Greek word for "Savior".

*Mandalorian religion {https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalorian_religion} IROAS

*Jedi / Sith rituals ; https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Code KRUPHIX / KERANOS

*Faith of the seven (Game of thrones) ; https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/F ... _the_Seven PHENAX

*Red priest of R'hllor ; https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/R%27hllor

*Drowned God of Pyke ; https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Drowned_God ATHREOS

*A hybrid of Mahayana Buddhism and Christianity, which presumably interpreted Jesus Christ as a Buddha. NYLEA

* Bene Tleilaxu Zensufism is a hybrid of Zen and Sufism, a form of Islamic mysticism PHARIKA

Next post I will include info on languages, and equipment
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

While going through the list of language from my notes I realized I never included traits for a couple of races. Namely the Redguards from the Elder scrolls games, and Ibbenese Dwarves from A song of Ice and Fire novels. I also need to flesh out the devil forgemaster background. I will give a brief description of the Redguards along with their traits.

Redguards (formerly "Yokudans") hail from the western continent of Yokuda, around 792 The bulk of the refugees remained on the island of Stros M'Kai an island territory located on the eastern Abecean Sea. While the Ra Gada, the Warrior Wave, continued on to mainland Hammerfell. Scholars concluded that the term "Redguard" originated as a phonetic corruption of "Ra Gada" However, Redguard myth considers it a legacy of the War of the Singers, a series of seven battles in Yokuda circa 790. Redguards are the most naturally talented warriors in Tamriel. The dark-skinned, wiry-haired people of Hammerfell seem born to battle, though their pride and fierce independence of spirit makes them more suitable as scouts or skirmishers, or as free-ranging heroes and adventurers. In addition to their cultural affinities for many armor styles and weapons (particularly swords), Redguards are also physically blessed with hardy constitutions, resistance to poison, and quickness of foot.

Homebrew Redguard Variant Human

Ability Score Increase. Two different ability scores of your choice by 1.

Age. Same as Human

Size. Medium

Speed. 35 feet, Redguards are fleet of foot.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Basic, and Ansei the ancient language of Yokuda.

Damage Resistance. You have resistance against poison damage, In addition when wearing no armor your AC is 11 + your dexterity bonus

Feat. You gain one feat of your choice.

Martial Training. You are proficient with two martial weapons of your choice and with light armor

Relentless Endurance. When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can't use this feature again until after you finish a long rest.

I have plans to rename the Fire Nation continent as Yokuda, and I will detail War of the Singers then.

EDIT 1: Next Up the Ibbenese Dwarves

EDIT 2: I'm recruiting for a future one shot set in the Uncannyverse. Dragonballs, Nupitals, and Rogues
Last edited by Uncanny on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Alright next up are the Ibbenese. A variant Dwarf from the Game of Thrones Universe. This species was never featured on the television show, but they are detailed in the Song of Ice and Fire novels written by Geogre R. R. Martin. In the Uncannyverse this variant dwarven island nation will be located near the north pole of my homebrew world of Nirn.

The Ibbenese are a people who live on the island nation Ibben, composed of the islands Ib and Far Ib, several smaller islands, and the small foothold on the northern shore of Essos ruled by the colony located at New Ibbish. The Ibbenese are considered by scholars to be different from the other races of mankind. They are a heavy, broad-shouldered, and broad-chested people. The Ibbenese are short in stature, seldom reaching a height more than five and a half feet. Their arms are long, while their legs are short and thick. They have sloping brows with heavy ridges, small sunken eyes, great square teeth, and massive jaws. Beneath their pale skins run dark blue veins, but covering their skin is dark and wiry hair. Ibbenese men have dark, wiry hair covering their arms, legs, chests, and backs, while Ibbenese women commonly have coarse dark hair, even on the upper lip. The Ibbense are a taciturn but cunning folk, composed of skilled craftsmen, able hunters and trackers, and doughty warriors. The Ibbenese speak their own language, which has been described as grunting and rasping.

Hombrew Ibbenese Variant Dwarf

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and your Strength score increases by 2.

Age. Dwarves mature at the same rate as humans, but they're considered young until they reach the age of 50. On average they live about 350 years.

Size. Medium

Speed. 25 feet. Your speed is not reduced by wearing heavy armor.

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 120 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Dwarven Armor Training. You have proficiency with light and medium armor.

Dwarven Combat Training. You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer and warhammer.

Superior Endurance. You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug off injury. When you take damage, you use your reaction to roll a d12. Add your Constitution modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finsih a short of long rest.

Tool Proficiency. You gain proficiency in one Tool of your choice

Languages. You can speak the language of Ib, and read, and write Basic

EDIT 1: I couldn't find info on a written form for the language of Ib, also Basic replaces Common in guild occupied territory.

EDIT 2: I'm recruiting for a future one shot set in the Uncannyverse. [url=
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1864]Dragonballs, Nuptials, and Rogues[/url]
Last edited by Uncanny on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

The next background is available to all character's. This particular profession is introduced in Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. A Devil Forgemaster is a mortal trained in the dark arts and, akin to their namesake, bears the ability to create and forge wicked creatures and devils. While not much is said about them within the series, Devil Forgemasters are not mere sorcerers; they are not just trained in black magic, but also in the arts of alchemy and spiritual metaphysics. Only two are present in the game itself, Hector and Isaac.

Mainly known simply as "Forgemasters" in the animated series. the main way both Hector and Isaac are able to utilize their magic is by performing rituals with special tools, either to bring people and animals back from the dead or to call demonic spirits from Hell into intact corpses. Their methods, however, seem fundamentally different: while Hector uses a hammer to prepare the bodies and then reanimate them, Isaac is only seen using his dagger and magic to forcibly transform a person, or body, directly into a night creature

Devil Forgemaster Background

Skill Proficiencies. Religion, Deception

Language.Infernal

Tool Proficiency. One type of artisan's tools (must include a hammer or knife)

Equipment. Shovel, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a pouch containing 15 gp.

Feature. The Secret Arts

You can use a corpse, and cast a 10 minute ritual to call forth demons to do their bidding. Each type of demon has its own proclivities and quirks when summoned to the material world, and demons are far more difficult to control than other creatures a spellcaster can call on.

You can summon a devil with a challenge rating as high as your character level divided by 4. The max number of devils you can command is determined by your proficiency bonus.

EDIT 1: At 1st level a Forgemaster can create 2 separate Challenge Rating 1/4 devils ,
at 2nd level 2 CR 1/2 devils,
at 4th level 2 CR 1 devils
at 5th level 3 CR 1 devils
at 8th level 3 CR 2 devils
at 9th level 4 CR 2 devils
at 12th level 4 CR 3 devils

EDIT 3: I'm recruiting for a a one- shot set in the Uncannyverse
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Alright so I posted earlier about how Battlestar Galatica, Star Trek, and the Terminator film franchise inspired me. A organized religion in the Uncannyverse worships the Cylons from the Battlestar Galatcica franchise. A thriving cyborg community exists on the space station Knowhere in the Uncannyverse whom are inspired by the Borg from the Star Trek franchise, and a undead horde of iron zombies which resemble the T-800 from the Terminator franchise are waiting in the south pole of my homebrew world. Warforged is a playable race from the Eberron source book, and is the D&D equivalent of a robot. So I will post 3 variants of the Warforged available in the Uncannyverse starting with the Borg.

The Borg are an alien group that appear as recurring antagonists in the Star Trek fictional universe. The Borg are cybernetic organisms (cyborgs) linked in a hive mind called "the Collective". The Borg co-opt the technology and knowledge of other alien species to the Collective through the process of "assimilation": forcibly transforming individual beings into "drones" by injecting nanoprobes into their bodies and surgically augmenting them with cybernetic components. The Borg's ultimate goal is "achieving perfection". The Borg have become a symbol in popular culture for any juggernaut against which "resistance is futile", a common phrase uttered by the Borg

The Space station Knowhere is from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and will be the headquarters of the Izzet League guild in the Uncannyverse. Also it is the Homeworld of the Borg in my homebrew. However through their affiliation with the guild the Borg can also be found elsewhere in the solar system of the Uncannyverse. As for traits the base Warforged has 4, but for my Homebrew all non-royal races start with 5 traits. So I added a option from the Kalashtar to reflect the Borg's "Hive" mind lore.

Homebrew Borg.Warforged Variant

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.

Age. Borg aren't born they are produced when a mortal has over 60% of their bodies replaced with cybernetics. You are immune to magical aging effects.

Size. Medium

Speed. 30 feet

Constructed Resilience. You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits

You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.

You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.

You are immune to disease.

You don't need to sleep, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Integrated Protection. Your body has built-in defensive layers, which can be enhanced with armor.

You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.

You can don only armor with which you have proficiency. To don armor, you must incorporate it into your body over the course of 1 hour, during which you must remain in contact with the armor. To doff armor, you must spend 1 hour removing it. You can rest while donning or doffing armor in this way.

While you live, your armor can't be removed from your body against your will.

Mental Discipline. You have resistance to psychic damage.

Sentry's Rest. When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

Specialized Design. You gain one skill proficiency and one tool proficiency of your choice.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Droid and one other language of your choice.

The Kalashtar is from the same Eberron source book as the warforged.

EDIT 1: Next up are the Cylons

EDIT 2: I'm recruiting players for a upcoming one-shot set in the Uncannyverse
Last edited by Uncanny on Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

The second variant Warforged I plan to homebrew for the Uncannyverse are the Cylons. Antagonists of the human race in the Battlestar Galactica science fiction franchise, making appearances in the original 1978 series, the 1980 series, the 2004 re-imagining, and the spin-off prequel series Caprica. I'm only familiar with franchise post 1980.

Cylons in Battlestar Galactica continuity post-Galactica 1980 are a fictional, artificially-intelligent race of machines envisioned in the Battlestar Galactica science fiction series and related franchises. Originally created as purely mechanical devices to serve human needs, they eventually evolve into sentient, self-aware beings. Later models incorporated biological components and near-perfect replication of human biology. They are the primary antagonists to the naturally evolved humans of the Twelve Colonies, who are descendants of a single race of humans from the planet Kobol.

The prequel series, Caprica, shows the initial development of the Cylons by humans on the Twelve Colonies. The initial physical form developed was a Graystone Industries U-87 drone soldier, with a revolutionary new MCP ("Meta-Cognitive Processor"). This formed the foundation for other 'Cylon technologies' incorporated throughout the Twelve Colonies. Battlestar Galactica takes place roughly 40 years after the end of the first Cylon war, fought between the end of the Caprica prequel and the start of the re-imagined series. In the war, both sides fought to a standstill until the Cylons agreed to an armistice and promptly disappeared; in the interim, they improved their technology and heavily militarized with the intent of conducting a first strike surprise attack against the Colonies ,The biological models have (at times) demonstrated enhanced strength, stamina, and an ability to interface with computer systems; however, they also feel pain, hunger, and fear. Cylon biological technology has also shown weaknesses to radiation and disease as some of their few vulnerabilities.

All Cylons in the re-imagined series use a digital consciousness employed in mechanical or biological mediums; the primary capability this allows is the ability to "download" or "resurrect" into a new body. Because of this, it is possible for some Cylons to share memories, have their memories repressed as Sleeper agents, or have their personalities modified. As a byproduct of digital consciousness, Cylons have an ability referred to as "projection", a form of realistic daydreaming that allows them to change the appearance of their surroundings in their own mind. hey have the ability to touch, smell, etc. the fantasy environment. They can share projections and create virtual individuals as part of the fantasy. This ability allows them to express their subconscious desires.

In my Homebrew campaign the Cylons run a organized religion. The temples, and shrines are basically VR arcades. Worshippers pay a expensive tithe and experience a 'Matrix' style simulated world. A minority of followers go into debt within the religion. For my homebrew Cylon I combined the Anvilwrought supernatural gift from the MtG Theros source book, A couple traits from the Changeling, and undead fortitude from the zombie.

Homebrew Cylon Warforged Variant

Age. A typical Cylon is between two and thirty years old. The maximum Cylon lifespan remains a mystery; so far, Cylon have shown no signs of deterioration due to age. You are immune to magical aging effects.

Size. medium

Speed. 30

Cylon Instincts. You gain proficiency with two of the following skills of your choice: Deception, Insight, Intimidation, and Persuasion.

Constructed Resilience. You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits

You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.

Sentry's Rest. When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

Shapechanger. As an action, you can change your appearance and your voice. You determine the specifics of the changes, including your coloration, hair length, and sex. You can also adjust your height and weight, but not so much that your size changes. You can make yourself appear as a member of another race, though none of your game statistics change. You can't duplicate the appearance of a creature you've never seen, and you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs that you have. Your clothing and equipment aren't changed by this trait.
You stay in the new form until you use an action to revert to your true form or until you die.

Cylon Fortitude. If damage reduces the Cylon to 0 Hit Points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5+the damage taken, unless the damage is Lightning or from a critical hit. On a success, the Cylon drops to 1 hit point instead.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Droid and one other language of your choice.

The changeling is from Eberron source book. Players also have the option of gaining a disguise self ability for their characters using the piety system and being a follower of the faith of the many faced god. Based of the Faceless men from the 'Game of Thrones franchise.

EDIT 1: Next up the hombebrew Terminator

EDIT 2: Cylons are built on the same planet as the Borg.

EDIT 3: I will have to edit this later but Borg aren't built they are produced when a mortal has over 60% of their bodies replaced with cybernetics

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1864
Last edited by Uncanny on Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

My Homebrew will blend elements of the 'Game of Thrones' franchise, with the sci-fi film series The Terminator. In the Uncannyverse the t-800 will replace the white walkers from the show.

Homebrew Terminator Variant Warforged

Age. Terminator's are undead iron skeleton's, as such you don't age.

Size. Medium

Speed. 30

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 120 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Integrated Protection. Your body has built-in defensive layers, which can be enhanced with armor.

You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.
You can don only armor with which you have proficiency. To don armor, you must incorporate it into your body over the course of 1 hour, during which you must remain in contact with the armor. To doff armor, you must spend 1 hour removing it. You can rest while donning or doffing armor in this way.
While you live, your armor can't be removed from your body against your will.

T-800 Fortitude. If damage reduces the Terminator to 0 Hit Points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5+the damage taken, unless the damage is Lightning or from a critical hit. On a success, the Terminator drops to 1 hit point instead.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1864
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Alright I mentioned this about a week ago, but I'm finally detailing a list of the regional languages available on my homebrew planet.

The Continent of Sothoryos is were the majority of humanity reside on the Uncannyverse. The twelve colonies is from the reimagined 'Battlestar Galactica' franchise. Seven languages are featured from that show English, Romanian, French, Italian, Latin, Greek, and German. I'm adding 4 more languages from historical cultures. Urdu, Kya, Nepali, and Tuscarora. The 12th language of Sothoryos will be the Old tongue from the 'Song of Ice and Fire' novels from G.R.R Martin.

The Continent of Tamriel features a multitude of different dialects. Tamrielic is the language of commerce. Dunmeri, and Dwemeris are the two most widely spoken languages of the Northeastern Morrowind province. Altmoran is spoken by the Nords in the northern Skyrim province. Ehlnofex and the Kothringi Language are spoken in the Summerset Isle. Yokudan, is used in the western province of Hammerfell. Aldemeris, and Daedric are widely used in the central province of Cyrodiil.

The regional languages of the continent of Essos are Braavosi, Dothraki, High & Low Valyrian, Ald Chimeris and the dark speech of Asshai'i.

The land of Lyg will be a fusion of 3 different continents from 3 separate franchises. The Earth kingdom from 'Avatar the Last Airbender' , The Kingdoms of Ivalice, Ordalia, and Romanda from 'Final Fantasy Tactics', and the deserts of Arrakis from Frank Herberts 'Dune'. English will be the language of commerce in the land of Lyg. Latin, and Arabic will also be widely used.

The far off continent of Yokuda was once the homeland of the Redguards, but was invaded and conquered by a combined army of Dragonborn, and Tortles. The Dragon Tongue, and Akaviri are now the 2 dominant languages of Yokuda. Racial languages will also be prevalent in the world of Nirn. Common is the official language of the 10 Great Houses, and Arcana will be main language of the 10 Great Guilds.

EDIT 1: The next post will detail some of the equipment
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Equipment

Village's and communities with fewer then 500 residents will have bronze age era equipment. Sub standard materials are the reason all weapons damage die is reduced by one step for the damage you roll with the weapon to a minimum of 1.

1d12 → 1d10 → 1d8 → 1d6 → 1d4 → 1

and all bronze age era armor sold in villages AC is reduced by 1.

Town sized communities with between 501 and 9999 residents will have iron age era equipment with rules that can be found in the core rulebooks.

Cities with more than 10000 residents will have age of enlightenment era equipment. Gunpowder weaponry, and steam-punk armor.

List of DM's guild supplements I plan to use in my homebrew

GIFFYGLYPH'S DARKER DUNGEONS

Wilderness Survival Guide by AeronDrake

A website I found with homebrew mastercraft rules

From GM Binder Runestones by KingPenelope

EDIT 1: More to come
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

The omni-directional mobility gear is a type of equipment from the Attack on Titan franchise. It allows the user to fight in a 3D space as opposed to a 2D one. The equipment itself takes the form of a body harness that encompasses much of the body below the neck. Although the equipment can grant a skilled user tremendous mobility, it is a demanding art that requires both strength and skill, both of which must be honed through constant practice.

Homebrew magic item Omni-directional mobility gear

Wondrous Item , Rare

Dexterity requirement 15
Strength requirement 13

A creature wearing this equipment can attempt to tumble through a hostile creature's space. As a bonus action the tumbler makes a Dexterity (acrobatics) check contested by the hostile creature's Dexterity (acrobatics) check. If the tumbler wins the contest, it can move through the hostile creature's space once this turn.

You have a climbing speed equal of 50 ft. In addition you can move up, down, and across vertical surfaces and upside down along ceilings.

Your walking speed increases by 10 feet, and you have advantage on Dexterity (acrobatics) checks.

ODM gear training is a rigorous process that allows mortals, which are limited to two-dimensional movements, to adapt to movement in the third dimension. Great physical strength, particularly in the legs, coupled with spatial recognition abilities, as well as the mental strength to not waver in the midst of a panic, are crucial qualities. The training strengthens the soldiers' muscles to a degree far greater than any normal civilian when you consider the requirement of force of acceleration, shock of landing, performing consecutive quick leaps repeatedly and accelerating at extremely high speeds. This leads to the soldiers acquiring a low body fat percentage.

EDIT 1: More magic items coming soon
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

The next equipment I will spotlight is the Combat Jacket. A exoskeleton suit from the movie 'Edge of Tomorrow'. The Combat Jacket is a highly advanced exoskeleton suit that enhances a soldiers abilities on the battlefield. When wearing the suit, soldier's can lift and push heavy objects. The suit is equipped with high calibre rifle and rocket launchers that are controlled from a small screen on the right hand. The Combat Jacket requires extensive training before operating in battle, because an inexperienced soldier using the Jacket becomes extremely clumsy and slow. While the suit enhances the user's capabilities it doesn't fully protect the wearier from all forms of damage.

Homebrew magic item Combat Jacket
Wondrous Item , Rare (Requires Attunement)

A creature wearing this equipment can carry up to 500 pounds, not exceeding a volume of 64 cubic feet. Retrieving an item requires an action.

This magic item grants a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it when it's used to make a ranged attack, and it ignores the loading property if it has it. If you load no ammunition in the weapon, it produces its own, automatically creating one piece of magic ammunition when you make a ranged attack with it. The ammunition created by the item vanishes the instant after it hits or misses a target.

While wearing this item you have advantage on Strength (Athletics) checks.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

A lightsaber is a fictional energy sword featured throughout the Star Wars franchise. In the Star Wars universe, the lightsaber is the signature weapon of the light side-wielding Jedi Order and the dark side-wielding Sith Order, but can also be wielded by non-Force-sensitive characters as an ordinary weapon or tool. The Jedi use different colored lightsabers (predominantly blue, green, and yellow), while the Sith wield exclusively red-bladed sabers to distinguish themselves from the Jedi. The color of a lightsaber's blade is given by its power source, the kyber crystal. A lightsaber's hilt is built by its wielder and is, therefore, unique in design. There are several variations outside of the traditional single-bladed lightsaber, such as the double-bladed lightsaber, and the darksaber, primarily wielded by the non-Force-sensitive Mandalorian rulers of Mandalore.

Homebrew Magic Item Lightsaber
Magic Weapon(Sword) , Uncommon

Green, Blue, and Yellow Kyber Crystals are uncommon wondrous items, and can be used to make these lightsabers

Weapon Rarity Damage Weight Properties

Lightsaber Uncommon 1d10 2 lbs. Finesse, Versatile (2d6), Special

Shoto Lightsaber Uncommon 1d8 1 lbs. Finesse, Light, Versatile (1d10), Special

Double-bladed Lightsaber Uncommon 1d8/1d8 4 lbs. Finesse, Two-Handed, Special

Lightsaber Pike Uncommon 1d10 6 lbs. Finesse, Two-Handed, Reach, Special

Red, and White Kyber crystals are rare, and can be used to make these lightsabers

Lightsaber Uncommon 2d10 2 lbs. Finesse, Versatile (2d12), Special

Shoto Lightsaber Uncommon 2d8 1 lbs. Finesse, Light, Versatile (2d10), Special

Double-bladed Lightsaber Uncommon 2d8/2d8 4 lbs. Finesse, Two-Handed, Special

Lightsaber Pike Uncommon 2d10 6 lbs. Finesse, Two-Handed, Reach, Special

Purple, and Black Kyber crystals are very rare, and can be used to make these lightsabers

Lightsaber Uncommon 3d10 2 lbs. Finesse, Versatile (4d10), Special

Shoto Lightsaber Uncommon 3d8 1 lbs. Finesse, Light, Versatile (4d8), Special

Double-bladed Lightsaber Uncommon 3d8/3d8 4 lbs. Finesse, Two-Handed, Special

Lightsaber Pike Uncommon 3d10 6 lbs. Finesse, Two-Handed, Reach, Special

Special. This weapon deals radiant damage, and the user gains a +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks while you wield this weapon. In addition whenever an attacker makes a ranged attack against a target within 5 feet of you , you can use your reaction to become the target of the attack instead

Much credit goes to the D&D wiki

EDIT 1: Formatting the weapon chart is a nightmare
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Sorry for the delay its been a busy week at work I will post more this weekend