The Rookies. The game is dead. Thanks.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: The Rookies. CHAPTER 1.5 Intermission.

Post by Poodle »

After your training time you are called up to the Captains office. There are 4 chairs in front of his desk. He invites you all to sit down. He does not look happy. He gazes at you 4 for a moment then lifts a large pile of paperwork.

"This is some of the headache I have been dealing with over the last week. We have multiple legal cases against us including being sued for police brutality after a man was attacked by an officer then handcuffed inside while the building was burning. We also have a complaint from the local fire department that an officer went back inside the burning building forcing a search and putting people's lives at risk. We have affadavits that people were prevented from leaving the burning building by a magical barrier. We have more from people downtown saying they and their property were damaged by a blast of wind and that officers fired into the crowd with lethal ammo. I have a lot of people, including the mayors office looking for blood.

On the plus side you captured a notorious hit woman and saved people from a bomb.

Conner... at the courthouse a mobile phone was recovered. It was capable of firing 4 .22 bullets. We are pretty sure who had it but can't prove it. By the time it was recovered it was useless as evidence. Your instincts were right but your procedures were appalling.

Danni. Good work out there.

The thing I am most disappointed by is that all of you thought it was a good idea to handcuff a person inside a building that was already on fire.

It was your first mission so that is actually in your favour. If we have another incident like that this unit will probably be disbanded.

Do better.

Dismissed."
Last edited by Poodle on Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Conner Flanagan
HP: 3
CND: Fine

Conner learned from his dogs. Follow orders and get bossed around with people dying because you didn't follow your instincts. Or so the german Shepard's said. One of the perks of communing with animals was that they knew what was right and what was wrong. His family had followed procedure and still died. Conner wasn't about to do the same thing for the sake of lawsuits. "These people might not be alive if we didn't do what we did. If you want someone who will follow procedure and prevent lawsuits, I'll resign from this and go back to the K-9 units right now. I joined this unit to save lives. So, if you want to berate me or us for that matter for doing what was needed to save lives go ahead, but tell me how many people didn't die because of us. That hitwoman took several shots and brutal punches yet still stood. Is that covered in the don't spark any lawsuits book?", barks back Conner. He wasn't going to hear it. Not today.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Brandon Warren

When the Captain first started in, Brandon still felt bad over the whole tear gas fiasco. But then it almost turned laughable. Such a poor display of leadership. Was he trying to frighten them? Please.

Not giving them any chance to explain their actions. Randomly changing the team leader. And the topper, "Do better." It was all Brandon could do to keep from laughing at that final bit.

He was ready to blow the whole thing off as meaningless. Maybe he was under a lot of pressure. Maybe there were factors they weren't privy to. But this was really bad leadership and the worst kind of "motivation." But then Conner spoke up. His teammate's words lit a fire inside of Brandon he hadn't felt in a while.

"Also, I noticed you skipped over the fact that we met our primary goal. The fire was a distraction to get the two accused officers away from custody so they would be easy targets. We maintained custody of them the whole time. Douglas' decisions were on point and correct at every stage."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Douglas Reach
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

The red haired man listened to the Captain's grilling them. Douglas seemed rather relaxed despite the reprimand. He wasn't slouching in his seat or leaning back lazily in his chair, but he didn't seem to take what was being said that hard. His verbalized reaction was an observation made in a mild, questioning tone.

"There was a fire, a bomb, two hit teams, meta assassins, and no one died?"

He seemed to think on that for a couple seconds, then nodded. Apparently, content. While Brandon and Conner mounted their retorts to the Captains scolding, Douglas looked over at the team's sniper.

"Congratulations Danni."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Danni Morgan

Danni sat through the session with the Captain quietly. It wasn't really all that much of a reaming as she had expected- and compared to some of the After Action sessions she had experienced in the military, or even from her own father when she was a teenager (especially considering the Old Man had done a stint teaching Drill instructors how to break in new recruits), this wasn't very upsetting. She had spent most of the last few days on desk duty (or in her case, armoury duty), as standard for any live fire discharge- honestly she had expected worse- they had made a heck of a mess, but they had just been put together as a team without any prep time, and they had (mess or not) accomplished their primary goal.

The threat of possibly disbanding the team was a little upsetting, but she knew it wasn't the Captain's call, it was coming from upstairs, it wasn't business it was politics.

Do better? Damn right- but for that they were going to have to work together, learn to rely on each other, learn what they could do...
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The captain calmly looked at the four recruits seated in front of him considering Douglas' words.
"Yup, that is what I told the chief. You pulled out something we can pretend is a win from a tough situation." He looks carefully at Douglas. "Here is my problem Douglas. You did something that made the department look pretty bad. I read your reports. I understand why you did what you did. I have sat on that side of the desk thinking the 'old man' is just a desk jockey who doesn't know what he is talking about. How will it look if you are seen to be still running a team? That we endorse police brutality? We all know that it was probably some old innertube and a lighter. There was probably no real risk. That is not how a civil rights lawyer, a liberal media and an unsympathetic population would see it.

You made some good decisions too and for whatever reason it is clear the team backs you. So what is the solution?"
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.