AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

As a reminder, everyone has 1ep that can add to the base. I put the current base stats on the first post. Please let me know how you want to spend that EP as well. Pooling and banking are allowed.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

kenseido wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:39 pm As a reminder, everyone has 1ep that can add to the base. I put the current base stats on the first post. Please let me know how you want to spend that EP as well. Pooling and banking are allowed.
I forgot about that. I'll just bank mine, unless the rest of the group has some ideas on how to spend those points. I'd be all ears then.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll boost Luke's insight by 2, add an AE affliction for making someone really cold (I'll work out mechanics tonight), and boost flight by 1. The fourth point I'll bank for now.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am waiting for some final PC updates before starting the new adventure.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

kenseido wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:47 pm I am waiting for some final PC updates before starting the new adventure.
I've been thinking about how to spend my points. I'll bank the ep. With the pps, I'm almost certainly gonna add one more AE to my main Effect. I won't be home until late tonight, so I'll have to post my final decision in the morning.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

For the EP I'm thinking I'll put it towards the Security System. After this adventure it seems like we need a pretty intense upgrade.

As for the PP here is what I'm thinking:
2 Points for Wall Crawling via a device "Static Shoes"
1 Point into Speed
1 Point for Skills, +1 to Perception +1 to Stealth
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm still not sure what the AE should look like, but for the HQ I noticed it has no defense system. So, would a ranged damage 10 blaster placements fall under defense system? It would help maybe for when the base is attacked or just a fun RP plot point of someone hijacks the bases defenses against the PCs.

Also, how is the base concealed?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

mrdent12 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:43 am I'm still not sure what the AE should look like, but for the HQ I noticed it has no defense system. So, would a ranged damage 10 blaster placements fall under defense system? It would help maybe for when the base is attacked or just a fun RP plot point of someone hijacks the bases defenses against the PCs.

Also, how is the base concealed?
It's not. That's what I get for copy/paste.

As for buying powers, you do it like equipment. A Blaster of rank 10 would be 20ep. A Defense System feature would be basic tech stuff - net gun, tasers, knockout gas. Basic equipment level stuff.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I've been thinking about the use of the 3pp more. I'd like to submit my use of them to you for approval. First off, I'd like to add an AoE attack to Elizabeth's Array:

AE - "Poison Nova" - Cloud Area Poison Damage 10 (Quirk: Only Affects Organic Beings) 19pp

Then I'd like to improve Elizabeth's Teleport just a bit since she used that "spell" more than any other power so far. I'd like to add "Change Velocity" and "Turnabout". That would use up the 2 remaining power points since they are one flat point each.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am not going to say "No" right now. I would like you to check out the Necromancy entry on the Superpower Wiki and look for some ideas there.
Supernaturalist

kenseido wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:49 pm I am not going to say "No" right now. I would like you to check out the Necromancy entry on the Superpower Wiki and look for some ideas there.
Will do!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I think it is a bad idea to have automated defenses. As you pointed out there are people, such as one of the members of the Horde, that can take control of that and use it against us. In my experience, they're rarely actually helpful. Anyone with the confidence to storm a superheroes' base won't have issues dealing with automated defenses.

Kensiedo, how may EP would it take to make a permanent version of the teleportation jammer Zyzzak came up with this story?

As a suggestion for Supernaturalist, it would be a good idea to have a means of dealing with robots, rock people, and other non-biological foes. Rot, decay, corrosion, or erosion effects may play into Macabre's theme. Entropic or ectoplasmic bolts may as well. You character could also potentially use summoning ghosts as a descriptor for a variety effects. Say she summons one or more to move an object with ghostly telekinesis.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sakuro wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:06 am I think it is a bad idea to have automated defenses. As you pointed out there are people, such as one of the members of the Horde, that can take control of that and use it against us. In my experience, they're rarely actually helpful. Anyone with the confidence to storm a superheroes' base won't have issues dealing with automated defenses.

Kensiedo, how may EP would it take to make a permanent version of the teleportation jammer Zyzzak came up with this story?
Concealment 1 (Radio, Selective) would be 3ep.
Sakuro wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:06 amAs a suggestion for Supernaturalist, it would be a good idea to have a means of dealing with robots, rock people, and other non-biological foes. Rot, decay, corrosion, or erosion effects may play into Macabre's theme. Entropic or ectoplasmic bolts may as well. You character could also potentially use summoning ghosts as a descriptor for a variety effects. Say she summons one or more to move an object with ghostly telekinesis.
That's a very good point. The Power Profile has a Snare under Death Powers described as skeletons climbing out of the ground and holding the person down.

Supernaturalist, you could also use your EP to add mystic wards that act like a magic-based Security System, exactly as the regular Security System against magical entry. Another option would be for 2ep, you can but Concealment 1 (Scrying)
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Alongside the basic security bump put forth by Arkite, I'd like to suggest we work on the anti-teleport (3 EP), magical security (1 EP per rank), and anti-scrying measures (2 EP) as a priority.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

For Lukes final change, I'll go with

Boost Insight by 2 (1pp)
Boost flight by 1 (1pp)
Add an AE

Ice Slick: Affliction 10(Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; Vulnerable, Defenseless; Extras: Burst Area +1/rank, Ranged +1/rank; Flaws: Limited Degree -1/rank)

Aside from adding personnel maybe like cooks or the like(not a big think, but something Luke would push for), I am fine having the 1ep go for any of the security measures.