AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

I checking the interest for the following premise. I am still working on the long term storyline, something that missing from my last game leading to an early demise. But before I move forward, I want to see who might be interested in this premise.
Star Khan brought an armada to Earth. While the Freedom League, Sentinels, and NextGen attacked the fleet in orbit, AEGIS defended the streets from the alien invaders. With a flash of light, the armada vanished, taking the superheroes with it. It took weeks for AEGIS and the military forces stop the remaining alien armies. Several dozen villains were given pardons for their part in fighting the aliens. This was a year ago.

AEGIS forces were decimated, the new President used the opportunity to try and kill the agency. Cutting their budget by more than 70% and firing Director Powers, the agency seem doomed to failure. The new director decided to take a different approach. He formed four super-teams, each assigned to a region of the country. Applicants were screened, trained and assigned to a team.

You are assigned to Region 2 (Gulf Coast area).

AEGIS package:
Skills: Athletics 2, Expertise: AEGIS Officer 2, Ranged Combat: Guns 2, Technology 2
Advantages: Benefit 2 (AEGIS), Equipment 3
AEGIS Gear: Armored Uniform (Protection 2), Blaster Pistol (Ranged Damage 5), commlink, handcuffs

The armored uniform can be any design the PC wants, as long as the AEGIS insignia is prominently displayed. The side arm is not required.
AEGIS Squad, Region 2 Headquarters
Size: Medium; Toughness: 10
Features: Communications, Computer, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Magic Wards (DC20), Personnel, Power System, Security System (DC20)
Powers: Concealment 1 (Radio, Selective)
Index
Issues #1-3: A Bank Heist?
Issues #4-6: Tripping the Nexus
Issues #7-10: Night at the Museums

Team:
Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen - Metal elemental AEGIS Captain empowered during the Invasion by Sakuro
Cody Jones - Psionic AEGIS PR Man from the 30s played by MrDent12
Kodiak - Canadian Bear-man by Gilliam
Madame Macabre - Necromancer by Supernaturalist
Prodigy - Paragon by Catsi563
Silver Phoenix - Super martial-artist by TatooedMan

Support Staff
Nathan Steele - Tech Support

Former Members:
"Cool" Luke Barnes - Conman Ice elemental with villainous foster brother by MrDent12
Canadian Shield - Long-lived supersoldier fan of maple syrup and hockey by Arkite
Zyzzak - former alien invader turned sympathizer by Flynarrel

Other Submissions:
Penitent - Repentant criminal golden age superman by Tony Jones
Golem - Repentant criminal Earth elemental by Fuzzyboots
Cowboy Ken - Middle aged, Japanese Gunfu expert playing cowboy by Dr Malsyn
Amphitrite - Atlantean "abe sapien" by Prof Weird
Blackout/Radiant - Darkness/Light Controller shared body by Jmucchiello
Last edited by kenseido on Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 31 times in total.
jmucchiello

Re: Interest check - 3E Superhero Game

Post by jmucchiello »

I'll express interest. What PL? I've got a light and darkness projector floating in my head that might be good for this.
kenseido

AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC): Nathan Steele

Post by kenseido »

Nathan Steele (formerly GeoTek)
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 4, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Benefit 2 (AEGIS), Equipment 1, Inventor, Skill Mastery: Technology

Skills
Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat: Geokinesis 1 (+6), Expertise: Chemistry 5 (+9), Expertise: Geology 4 (+8), Insight 2 (+3),
Technology 6 (+10), Vehicles 6 (+6)

Powers
Geokinesis Array (Non-living matter manipulation)[23pp]
-Assemble: Transform 4 (Parts Into Finished Machine, 400 lbs., DC 15; Continuous, Increased Mass 5, Reach 2: 10 ft.)
-Disassemble: Transform 4 (Assembled to Disassembled, 400 lbs., DC 15; Continuous, Increased Mass 5, Reach 2: 10 ft.)
-Geokinesis: Move Object 6 (Close Range, Reach 2: 10 ft.; Limited to 400 lbs, Limited: Non-living matter only)
-Repair: Healing 6 (Affects Objects, Reach 2: 10 ft.; Limited: Non-living matter only)
-Scrap: Damage 6 Linked Weaken Toughness 6 (Affects Objects, Both: Reach 2: 10 ft.; Limited: Non-living matter only)

Equipment
AEGIS Armored Uniform (Protection 2)

Offense
Initiative +2
Geokinesis: Move Object 6, +6 (DC 16)
Scrap: Damage/Weaken 6, +6 (DC 16/21)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 4/2, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 23 + Advantages 5 + Skills 13 + Defenses 14 = 85

Complications
Flashbacks: Nathan may experience flashbacks from his time as a villain if he experience cramped, dark environments, or anything that reminds him of wearing his old power armor.
Motivation - Redemption: Nathan did a lot of bad things while under PSI's control, and he wants to make up for it.
Watched: AEGIS is keeping a close eye on Nathan to make sure his mental conditioning doesn't take hold again.

Background
Nathan figured out at an early age he could manipulate inorganic matter. His parents were wealthy socialites and generally disliked anything metahuman, so he hid his abilities. He learned to control his powers and even use them to aid his love of all things technical. He eventually went off to college to study electronic engineering. His roommate found out about his abilities and sold the story to a tabloid - or so he thought.

Instead, his roommate had his mind wiped by PSI and Nathan was "collected" as their newest recruit. Brainwashed regularly, Natahan served PSI as a loyal agent using his abilities and the advanced combat suit he built in service of them for many years.

Nathan was arrested when a joint task force took down most of PSI's players. Over the months that followed, PSI's mental conditioning slowly dissolved and Nathan's true personality emerged. Unfortunately, he was now a convicted criminal for his actions while mind controlled.

When the Invasion came, aliens sought to free the prisoners from Lockdown to work against the heroes defending the planet. When Nathan was freed, he used his powers to contain the villains and stop the aliens inside the prison.

He was given a pardon and allowed to join AEGIS in a support role without his battlesuit. Nathan is happy he has the opportunity to make up for his crimes, and doubly happy he doesn't have to wear his battlesuit anymore, as it has a lot of bad memories tied to it.
Michael Trevino
Last edited by kenseido on Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

So it can be a mix of heroes who weren’t in the big teams in space (a street level one stepping up comes to mind…) and pardoned villains? Or just the pardoned villains?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'd be interested. Let me see what I can dig up.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I am interested. I have something I'd like to submit that fits he premise perfectly and I'd really like to see her story played out.
"Something pithy this way comes."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

A pardoned villain would be interesting to play around with. I'm interested.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I'm also interested. Also thinking of a pardoned villain.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

I'm interested.
kenseido wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:49 am
There will be an package of skills, advantages, and equipment provided to each PC for free.
Very curious about this any chance of more details? :mrgreen:
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Right now, it looks like this:

AEGIS package:
Skills: Athletics 2, Expertise: AEGIS Officer 2, Ranged Combat: Guns 2, Technology 2
Advantages: Benefit 2 (AEGIS), Equipment 3
AEGIS Gear: Armored Uniform (Protection 2), Blaster Pistol (Ranged Damage 5), commlink, handcuffs

The uniform can be customized anyway the player wants as long as the AEGIS insignia is displayed prominently.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I can see a couple long term threads from the premise. Amongst them being an alien somehow became new director in disguise, new director planted so Aegis fails, the new strategy fails almost yet heroes stop a new invasion, or even the new strategy works despite the president trying to undermine it.

I might put in a character after I my time frees up next week.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

The AEGIS package is useful, thanks.

Is there any possibility for substituting parts of the package for other things if the original character idea is already at PL limits for some of the stuff it might give them (e.g. a brick who has already topped out their Protection without extra armour)? Quite happy to just ignore bits of the package if not.
kenseido

Re: Recruiting - AEGIS Squad, Region 2

Post by kenseido »

I have seen enough interest and have upgraded this to a Recruiting thread. There will be at least 2 weeks before I make a decision, so people have plenty of time to get their builds in.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

On a related note to Tony Jones' question, is there a point where the armored uniform can't raise your toughness any higher than it already is?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:11 pmOn a related note to Tony Jones' question, is there a point where the armored uniform can't raise your toughness any higher than it already is?
Equipment doesn't stack with powers, and it can't not break caps. So if your character hits defensive caps without the costume, then the costume doesn't add anything.

If for some reason you want a tougher costume, that's fine; you can add to it. It still has to have the AEGIS insignia, even if you choose to pay for all of it.