For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine now
HP: 1

kenseido wrote:Everyone arrives back at the base to find the gate splayed open and the front shot up with lasers.
Harper takes in the scene for a moment, then smirks a bit. "Luke was minding the place alone wasn't he?" She couldn't wait to hear his description of what had happened, because she was certain it would be a very colorful, and entertaining, tale.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 0 LP: 1
Condition: Bruise x 2

Joining Harper by the gate, Kodiac assumed she was one of the other team members "Hi, Kodiac just joined." Kodiac introduced himself, once again not offering his hand just in case it was deemed threatening.

"Do you think Luke is okay?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]

Gilliam wrote:Joining Harper by the gate, Kodiac assumed she was one of the other team members "Hi, Kodiac just joined." Kodiac introduced himself, once again not offering his hand just in case it was deemed threatening.
Harper glances over and up at the bear-man, not seemingly bothered by his appearance. "Hello, I'm Harper. Or Silver Phoenix while on mission." She gives a warm, friendly smile as she speaks.
Gilliam wrote:"Do you think Luke is okay?"
"I would be willing to be that he doesn't have anything worse than a nasty bleeding, minor injury. But Luke will make it sound like he took a bullet for someone." There's a slight nod of her head followed by a wink. "It's part of his charm."
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Fatigued

"Charm. Right. Speaking of which, don't let Luke talk you into helping clean up this mess or do his chores with him. He's being reprimanded for past actions."

... Evelyn's voice came from behind Kodiac just before he went walking past the pair. There was a furrow to the woman's brow and her angular features had a tightness to them as she surveyed the damage to the team's HQ.

"Phoenix, I'd appreciate it if you and Kodiac ran through some training sessions together in the future. He's been out of action for a while."

That last remark was given as she walked ahead of her teammates, not looking back. After taking in the exterior damage, she headed inside, checking to see how back the siege had been ... and make sure Luke wasn't out of action. She would need a report from him. Not the usual scribbles she had to try to decipher.

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [18] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 9]
[22] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

Tattooedman wrote:
Harper glances over and up at the bear-man, not seemingly bothered by his appearance. "Hello, I'm Harper. Or Silver Phoenix while on mission." She gives a warm, friendly smile as she speaks.
Gilliam wrote:"Do you think Luke is okay?"
"I would be willing to be that he doesn't have anything worse than a nasty bleeding, minor injury. But Luke will make it sound like he took a bullet for someone." There's a slight nod of her head followed by a wink. "It's part of his charm."
"Nice to meet you Harper, Luke sounds like a character?"
Sakuro wrote:
"Charm. Right. Speaking of which, don't let Luke talk you into helping clean up this mess or do his chores with him. He's being reprimanded for past actions."

... Evelyn's voice came from behind Kodiac just before he went walking past the pair. There was a furrow to the woman's brow and her angular features had a tightness to them as she surveyed the damage to the team's HQ.
"So this is a result of Luke's cleaning?" Kodiac couldn't resist asking with wide eye innocence.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]

Sakuro wrote:"Charm. Right. Speaking of which, don't let Luke talk you into helping clean up this mess or do his chores with him. He's being reprimanded for past actions."

Gilliam wrote:"Nice to meet you Harper, Luke sounds like a character?"
"But in a good way." Harper says still smiling. "Nice to meet you too Kodiac." She added as she followed after Bulwark.
Sakuro wrote:"Phoenix, I'd appreciate it if you and Kodiac ran through some training sessions together in the future. He's been out of action for a while."

That last remark was given as she walked ahead of her teammates, not looking back. After taking in the exterior damage, she headed inside, checking to see how back the siege had been ... and make sure Luke wasn't out of action. She would need a report from him. Not the usual scribbles she had to try to decipher.
"Of course Bulwark." Harper answers as glances over to her new teammate. "Once we get things settled here I'll show you around the base."

Gilliam wrote:"So this is a result of Luke's cleaning?" Kodiac couldn't resist asking with wide eye innocence.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

It's clear very quickly that the damage doesn't extend past the front area. The gate was forced open by something, the front door was blasted in by concentrated fire, and there is some superficial damage in a few areas in the front of the building. Looks like someone was using cover from a second-floor balcony.

Based on the security system, nobody made it inside during the attack.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

As everyone assembled outside surveying the damage, Luke was bringing over another beer to help wash the freshly heated up nachos down. Jake had found some Rugby match being televised from Australia and was already yelling at one team or another. Luke didn't follow it much, but Jake seemed to have some strong opinions of the team in the yellow jerseys. "So, now that we have the cyborgs all wrapped up, we should be able to relax a bit. Maybe try not to break the tv or burn the place down though.", quipped Luke as Jake was clearly getting rather into the game.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Fatigued

Evelyn made a quick check of the HQ' security systems. No immediate signs of the interior being compromised. Noting Jake and Luke's location, he exited the security station and made her way to the rec room where they were drinking beers and eating nachos while watching a sporting event.

As she passed through the doorway entering the room Evelyn slowed down. Moving at a walk now she swept her dark eyes over the pair of foster siblings.

"You seem healthy. Do either of you require medical attention?"

Having approached the two men he collected the TV remote, pains it at the screen, and pressed the off button. She waitted for confirmation that no one was seriously injured, then looked to the pyrokinetic.

"Jake. Are you making good use of that pardon you received?"

Though her tone was mild, it seemed more aimed at reminding the team and informing Kodiac what kind of person was lounging in their base. A known ex-criminal who could have fallen back on bad habits. She allowed him a brief opportunity to respond before looking to look.

"Now would be a good time to tell me who attacked our base ..."

There was a brief delay as her head turned and eyes settled on Jake.

"... and why."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [18] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 9]
[22] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 0
XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an AE off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
Cnd: Staggered; Bruised (-1)

As Elizabeth approaches the front gate of the AEGIS base, she immediately notices the damage. Her initial reaction is one of concern, and her eyes quickly scan past the gate for any sign of her team. As she gets closer, the black-robed albino sees Silver Phoenix and someone else, whom she does not recognize, conversing. She continues forward until she is close enough to speak in a normal tone.

"Hey Phoenix...", Elizabeth says looking around at the damage, "...what in the name of Pandemonium happened here?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]

Madame Macabre wrote:"Hey Phoenix...", Elizabeth says looking around at the damage, "...what in the name of Pandemonium happened here?"
"We left Luke home alone." She glances at the headquarters. "So I guess it could have been worse if he hadn't been?" Her attention then turns to the bear-man standing next to her. "This is Kodiak, a new member of the team." Silver Phoenix says as an introduction. "Kodiak, this is Madame Macabre. She makes excellent tea."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

Fortunately the damage did not appear to extend too far as Kodiac followed the 2 other women into the base, it was a surprise to come across Luke and a friend, who from Bulwark's comment had been a criminal, watching a sports game and having a drink or two. For some reason the sight of the yellow coloured team made the hair on the back of his neck stand up, weird that.

Tattooedman wrote:
Madame Macabre wrote:"Hey Phoenix...", Elizabeth says looking around at the damage, "...what in the name of Pandemonium happened here?"
"We left Luke home alone." She glances at the headquarters. "So I guess it could have been worse if he hadn't been?" Her attention then turns to the bear-man standing next to her. "This is Kodiak, a new member of the team." Silver Phoenix says as an introduction. "Kodiak, this is Madame Macabre. She makes excellent tea."
"Hi Madame" Kodiac says in greeting to the new arrival "You make tea? It has been a long time since I had any decent tea, what do you recommend?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Jake

"It was some cyborg mercenaries who were after me. Luke was just helping me out and protecting me. He could've told me to piss off, but he offered to help me.", begins Jake a little intoxicated and trying to shift gears from yelling at the game to reporting to a by the book and stern Aegis person.

Not knowing when to shut up, Jake pressed on. "Look I'm not perfect, but come on what family is perfect and Luke is my brother. You can't tell me you don't have family you'd run to when it all goes to shit? I'm in the clear now, so I'll get out of your hair. We stuck around to protect the place seeing as you don't have very many guards here and the gate was down and all.", adds Jake looking around for his shoes which ended up near the T.V.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 0
XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an AE off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
Cnd: Staggered; Bruised (-1)

"Nice to meet you Kodiac." Elizabeth raises her hand to wave, but then winces a little and holds her side. "Sorry, I got into a little tussle myself while I was away from the team."

The pale necromancer glances at both Phoenix and Kodiac. "Why don't we go inside and check on Luke? As for tea, Kodiac, I'll whip something up in the kitchen for all of us as soon as I can."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

Madame Macabre wrote:
"Nice to meet you Kodiac." Elizabeth raises her hand to wave, but then winces a little and holds her side. "Sorry, I got into a little tussle myself while I was away from the team."

The pale necromancer glances at both Phoenix and Kodiac. "Why don't we go inside and check on Luke? As for tea, Kodiac, I'll whip something up in the kitchen for all of us as soon as I can."
"Do you need anything for that?" Kodiac askes indicating Elizabeth's side " and the Captain has just gone in to find Luke."