AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

Jake shakes his head. "I don't think we really need to do all that. With these guys in custody, there really isn't much of a threat. They won't be able to hire any more muscle before the deadline."

"I mean, I'm not staying here for the cops to show up, but probably don't need to go crazy."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Silver Phoenix
Dazed doesn't stack with Staggered, so you still have an action and a defenseless robot.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

Eric doesn't react to Elizabeth's small outburst.

"Yes, a test. I'm not interested in your criminal record or credit rating."

"The big chair is open and there are a lot of people gunning for it. I want to know who deserves help and who needs to be stopped."

"Besides, who do you think advised Mike on all the magical candidates. We wouldn't be talking if I didn't think you had something special."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Fatigued

Out of the corner of her eye Evelyn noticed a blur of motion. Quickly she sidestepped, avoiding the initial charge of the attack aimed at her. Then her arms flew up, muscle memory springing into action as she blocked and wove right and left to avoid a series of strike. All the while she angled her weapon, here and there, maneuvering for a vantage from which she could sneak in a one handed shot. Then she found it. After blocking one blow with her left hand she hooked her right arm up, then aimed her gun down in a scorpion-like pose that lasted a second. She squeezed the trigger and a bolt of light flashed down at the speedster.
OOC wrote:Free Action to maintain hold on Feral's metal objects.

Standard Action to attack the speedster, using her Blaster Pistol Attack Speedster: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28 DC 20 Tough
Metal Control wrote: [18] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 9]
[22] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

Luke shrugged. "Once someone shows up to claim this group, local cops or something, no harm in hanging out here than. Probably can use with some guard duty seeing as the gate is blown up and people can melt ice easy enough. I'd say bring some people over to play poker or invite some ladies, but after this Aegis is probably going to not be terribly happy.", says Luke.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Bruised & Staggered

Even though one of the robots had hit her hard, Silver Phoenix pushed past the pain and let loose with another volley of strikes that channeled her Chi at the other robot that was completely vulnerable.

OOC wrote:Phoenix’s Flowing Flame Claw Attack: _: 1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 0
XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an AE off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
Cnd: Staggered; Bruised (-1)
"Besides, who do you think advised Mike on all the magical candidates. We wouldn't be talking if I didn't think you had something special."
Elizabeth is silent, taking in all that Eric tells her. She looks away from him briefly, and appears to be absorbed in thought.

"This sounds like a great responsibility. I have obligations to AEGIS; and I've only just begun to fulfill those obligations. Could you give me some idea of what would be expected of me if I were chosen?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

Bulwark's shot causes the speedster to drop to one knee, but he bounces back up quickly and barrages Bulwark with a series of powerful blows.

Meanwhile, the two muscle-bound morons continue to brawl unsuccessfully with Kodiak.
Speed's TOU save: 1d20+4 10
Bx1, Dazed

Muscles Unarmed attack: 2#1d20+5 10 15

Speed's Rapid Attack vs Bulwark: 1d20+8 28
Ouch. DC19 + 5 for Multiattack and +5 for Crit.
DC29 TOU

Kodiak can Interpose and Kodiak is up
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

"Luke, I want things to be good between us. I really didn't mean for the place to get shot up like this, and I definitely don't want you to get kicked off the team over this. Linda and Chelsea said they would never talk to me again if I blew it for you also."

"I really didn't think they would try anything while I was here."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Silver Phoenix

Harper's flaming claw attack rips through the robot causing it to crash to the ground in two pieces.

The other robot tries to hit Harper again, but she is still too fast for it.
Juggernaut Unarmed attack: 1d20+6 20

Back to Silver Phoenix
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

Eric laughs a little. "Chosen. That's cute. It's a position that is earned."

His face turns serious. "But there are those that think eliminating the competition is the easy path to it. They would be Master Mage in name only, and the world would suffer no end for it."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 0
XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an AE off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
Cnd: Staggered; Bruised (-1)

Elizabeth slowly starts to recover from the wooziness of being clobbered by Angel. She continues to listen to Eric, while "shaking off the cobwebs".

"Well I'm certainly not interested in 'rubbing out the competition'. You implied that I am a candidate. Perhaps I just assumed that some group of wizards choose the Master Mage. If one is not chosen for the position, then how does one earn it?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

"Well, the last guy came out of nowhere and saved the Universe."

He pauses and looks down at the napkin previously holding the lemon bar and sighs. He looks back at the cafe and sighs again.

"With the whole top tier of magi being eliminated, there's a lot more out there who never expected to be so close to the top of the hill. Even some of the better ones have resorted to... underhanded dealings. So, be on your toes. Even past allies might turn on you... or try to manipulate you into supporting them."

"So, keep that in mind and if you need some help, give me a call. If I am available, I will do what I can."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Bruised & Staggered

Harper smiled slightly as she put down the second robot, she was winning albeit slower than she'd wanted, but she was winning. She does let that small success keep her from continuing on though, and she launches into a new set of flips, twists and turns directing the remaining robot's attention the wrong way to give her the opening she wants.

OOC wrote:Agile Feint Check: _: 1D20+12 = [20]+12 = 32, well that is VERY helpful.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 0 LP: 1
Condition: Bruise x 2

This time Kodiac was ready for the attack on the Captain and managed to spin on one foot to get his bulk between the speedster and the Captain.

The impact of too many blows to count only caused another grunt from Kodiac as he replied with a straight punch to the speedster.

OOC wrote:
Kodiac DC29 Toughness: 1d20+12-1 20
Bruise x2 and Dazed

Kodiac Attack Speedster
Kodiac Attack: 1d20+8 20
If a hit DC27 Toughness and Kodiac will also grab the Speedster using Fast Grab

Kodiac will continue to use Interpose for any attacks on Bulwark.