AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark, Kodiak, Madame Macabre
Supernaturalist wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:53 am"This is a dangerous thing you've done, Doctor, contacting us like this. What would your partners-in-crime think? Unless, of course, an ambush or some such treachery is your ultimate goal. What kind of insurance do we have that you will not betray us?"
Dr Jeste looks coolly at Elizabeth. "None, whatsoever. We are enemies. We may have a common goal; but when this completes, you will no doubt try to capture me, and I and my associates will definitely try to destroy you."
Sakuro wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:40 pm"We will need a means of getting in contact when you do have more information. Something quicker than a clue hunt."
"I will have no issue contacting you, but it may be helpful if you can contact me." He strokes his chin for a moment. He pulls out a piece of paper and writes down a number.

Holding it out for you to take, he says "I will have Hash forward texts to this number on to me."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

At the mention of Dr. Jeste using Hash to setup their line of communication she raised a single dark eyebrow. It remained poised in place for a couple seconds before lowering.

"Involving Hash is your risk to take."

Evelyn extended a fair skinned hand ending in trimmed gun metal gray nails. The paper was taken. She raised it to eye level. Looked at it. then she folded the piece of paper and tucked it into her left pant pocket.

Harper's voice came over the coms. She turned her head a few degrees, so that she wasn't looking at Dr. Jeste when she next spoke. A means of using body language to make it more clear she was not speaking to him.

"Proceed with surveillance. Wait for my arrival before doing the meet and greet."

After the directions were given Evelyn looked back to the scientist.

"I believe we have covered all that we are going to be able to for now. Good day Doctor."

Evelyn looked to her teammates, turned, and then made to leave the dilapidated building. After they have left the villain behind she addressed them.

"Kodiac, you want look into bringing the police in for stake outs of the museums?"

She waited a beat for him to answer before going on.

"Macabre, do you know anyone, perhaps int he magic community, that might be able to get us some information on this Priestess Rebecca?"

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
[/quote
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark, Kodiak, Madame Macabre

Dr Jeste doesn't respond to either statement, his face remaining completely expressionless. He nods as the heroes take their leave and remains seated until everyone is out of view.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Kodiac had remained silent for a lot of the conversation happy to let the Captain take the lead, outside he cleared his throat a little

"Good idea. I will get in touch with the Captain at the station, when we met him he seemed to be willing to help anyway he can."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 2
XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued
"Macabre, do you know anyone, perhaps int he magic community, that might be able to get us some information on this Priestess Rebecca?"
"Yeah...there's someone. Hopefully the return of a sorcerer bent on destroying the universe is a good enough reason to contact him."
OOC: Does the card that Eric gave me have instruction about how to use it? Elizabeth figures he's worth a try. After that I'm not sure she has many options.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

"Feel free to bring the Captain up to speed. But be cautious giving too much information otherwise. Remember, one of the Horde is a masker of disguise."

As she spoke gun metal gray metal in a fluidic state crawled it's way up her neck, over her face, and covered her hands and head. After the strands of her hair had been covered in the tungsten carbide Evelyn nodded in acknowledgement of Madame Macabre's statement.

"Good enough reason for me."

A disk of metal formed under her feet. Evelyn rose into the air, and took flight. Heading off to the museum to meet up with Silver Pheonix and Mr. Jones.

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark, Cody, and Silver Phoenix

Nothing appears abnormal at the museum, and the two have nothing to report when Bulwark arrives.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen wrote:
"Feel free to bring the Captain up to speed. But be cautious giving too much information otherwise. Remember, one of the Horde is a masker of disguise."

As she spoke gun metal gray metal in a fluidic state crawled it's way up her neck, over her face, and covered her hands and head.
"Will do." Kodiac replies having forgotten about the Master of Disguise and making a mental note to doublecheck the Captain's scent just in case.

After the Captain flies away, Kodiac asks Elizabeth "Do you need a lift?" and if she does he will drive her to whereever she wants to go before heading back to the police station.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

Cody scoped out the museum, but it was pretty normal. There was an interesting exhibit on prohibition era gangsters which brought back a few memories, so he hung around there for a bit. The dinosaurs were always fun as well. As for the items on the list, they were unremarkable like all the others. After a bit he got bored with the whole thing and stopped by the coffee shop to chat with people while waiting. It was clearly a wild goose chase. Least he could do is get some coffee and see if anyone else saw anything suspicious. It didn't hurt if some of those were cute women.

"Came up empty here. Probably not worth another trip to an angry curator.", remarks Cody when Bulwark arrives.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"Do you need a lift?"
Walking beside Kodiak, Elizabeth speaks to him as if her mind is somewhere else. "Uh...yes...back to the privacy of the base if you don't mind." On the ride back, the black-clad albino sits silently. The gravity of the situation is slowly "sinking in". Just when she thought she had a break from such weighty matters, the threat of Khan returning gives her "butterflies in the stomach".

"Thanks, Kodiak! Nice workin' with ya today! I'll have to take you to Copeland's here in Atlanta for some Cajun food when all this blows over." Without even waiting for a reply, she hurries off into the base and heads straight for her room. Hopefully Eric wasn't busy.
OOC: Once in her room, Elizabeth will use the card to get in touch with Eric.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn landed out of sight of the museum and withdrew his protective metal coating from exposed portions of her body. Only then did she meet up with Cody and Harper. Before talking about the operation she made sure they were away from surveillance systems that could be tapped by their opposition.

"We should still make contact with their security and get them coordinating with the police. Make sure they are on guard and feeding us their surveillance. This is a distraction, but the thefts are real. We can't risk civilians getting hurt and if we can grab some bad guys, that is a bonus. Before we head in ..."

... Evelyn proceeded to bring her teammates up to speed on the meeting with Dr. Jeste. At it's conclusion he looked specifically to Cody and added ...

"Jeste is making himself vulnerable doing all this, and I don't mean to capture. He's working against the Horde. We might be able to use that to turn him into an asset, or at least drive a wedge between him and the others. Get your social engineering gears turning on that."

OOC wrote:Does our com system have recording potential? I'm wondering if our conversation with Dr. Jeste could have been recorded.

kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth activates the card and a magical field fills the area.

A spectral image of Eric appears in front of a bookcase, looking at the books.

"Hello, Elizabeth. What can I do for you?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Everyone Else

The rest of the team meets with police captains and museum security. The police captain requests a member of the team be stationed in each museum on the night of the robberies. The museum security people agree to the precaution but are very vocal about doing everything possible not to damage anything in the museum.

Nathan checks out the electrical box near the first museum. There is the "look" of obvious tampering, but none of the circuits appear to be modified. It appears the actions were just for show.
Technically this is all happening during Elizabeth's conversation. If there are any specific details/tasks not mentioned, let me know.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

OOC: Would enough time have passed for Elizabeth to recover from her Fatigued Condition?
"Good afternoon, Eric. I regret having to disturb you, but there is a potentially grave threat which must be addressed." Elizabeth slowly walks over beside the image.

"AEGIS has been secretly contacted by Dr. Jeste. He claims that Czarina is formulating a plan to 'resurrect' Khan and return him to this dimension. What Dr. Jeste fears, however, is Khan's ultimate goal, which is the destruction of our universe. The Doctor claims to have discerned Khan's true goal of sacrificing it to an Unfathomable One. The mad scientist even claims to have tried to deceive Czarina into thinking the summoning is impossible, but his efforts have failed."

The necromancer pauses for a moment to let Eric take in the information. "It appears that Czarina has become disenchanted with Dr. Jeste and is seeking the help of priestess, a woman of Greek-ancestry named Rebecca. This woman is a descendant of one of Khan's early followers. The fact that Czarina has recruited this woman seems to imply that she is capable of great magic. Do you have any insight into the identity of this woman?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

There is a long pause as Eric continues looking through the books in front of him. It's almost as if he didn't hear Elizabeth.

Just as the young necromancer is about to say something, he speaks.

"Rebecca Diamandis. Granddaughter of Dimitris Diamandis, one of Khan's followers in the 40s. When Khan vanished, Dimitris returned to Greece and carried on Khan's cult in secrecy. He is a low tier mage, at best, and his son and granddaughter are no better. She couldn't do anything like this on her own."

Eric continues looking through the books without looking at Elizabeth.