AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by kenseido »

Cody and Bulwark

Professor Gert stares at the two for a moment with a confused look on his face. Quickly confusion turns to annoyance.

"No," he says and starts closing the door.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

When the door, which likely was half way closed or less already, Evelyn pushed a hand forward. Pressed it to the door's face and held it from closing right away.

"Excuse my associate Professor Gert. I asked him to be discrete. I can see you do not appreciate that courtesy. So I will be frank with you. We are from AEGIS. Someone is planning to steal museum property. The staff and anyone visiting at the time the theft takes place will be in danger."

Once she had finished speaking she pulled her hand away from the door and allowed the Professor to close it without further resistance.

OOC wrote:A bit late, but here is an Aid check for Cody's Persuasion. Aid Cody Persuasion: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody and Bulwark

"AEGIS?!? What the.... oh. You mean those super-cops from the government. You have a badge or something.?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 2
CND: Smooth

"What self respecting organization is without badges? It would be helpful if you opened your door so we could shew them to you though and could talk with you outside of this hallway. Its very nice, but I don't think you want a panic at the museum.", says Cody readying to shew his badge.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody Bulwark

Professor Gert holds firm in his position and glares at the two heroes.

"You're wasting my time."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Elizabeth feels a little uncomfortable, conversing with someone she cannot see under the present circumstances. She walks forward slowly, still catching her breath from the "heavy" teleport. Her pale right hand reaches forward and pushes the door slowly open. She stands ready to act if there is a sudden movement or feeling of impending attack.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kodiak and Madame Macabre

The door opens to reveal a bald man wearing a fancy grey suit. He is sitting in a camping chair with a TV tray setup next to him. On the tray is a thermos and several paper cups stacked next to it.

Madame Macabre recognizes the man as Dr Jeste.

"Oh dear. I was expecting Captain Gracen. Any chance you can just pop out and get her?"
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Quite surprised to see Dr. Jeste sitting before her, Elizabeth nervously glances around the room for signs of Jeste's other "acquaintances".

"Bulwark is busy at the moment. Kodiak and myself stumbled upon the map that lead us here. Anything you want to say to her, you can say to us."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

He leans forward slightly and puts his two hands together, strumming the fingers.

"Perhaps you could contact her on your commlink. What I have to discuss with her is a bit above your pay grade."
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"Fine.", Elizabeth's voice cannot hide her frustration at Dr. Jeste's intransigence. Activating her commlink, the necromancer clears her throat as she glares at the mad scientist before her. "Bulwark, we are here at the abandoned office building. You won't believe who is taking afternoon tea here. It's none other than the illustrious Dr. Jeste. He appears to be alone, but I could be wrong. He wishes to speak only with you. Over."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Kodiac's eyes narrowed at the name of Dr Jeste which he recognised from the dossier he read only a day or so ago.

Straightening up to his full height Kodiac crossed his arms not saying a word.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Dr Jeste leans back in his chair as his eyes follow Kodiak up to the top of the ceiling.

"You're new. Kodiak was it?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Yes." Kodiac replied "Madame Macabre said your name is Dr Jeste, but who exactly are you?"

OOC wrote: Kodiac is playing dumb hoping that the Doctor may monologue or boast a bit :)
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

"I'll be quick about it then. People might get hurt. Your artifacts will likely get damaged. If you don't have a few minutes to talk to us about stopping a likely theft and people getting hurt, it tells me you either know about it or are hiding something. Neither is good for you. So, how about that chat?", bluntly replies Cody already scrolling through his mental roladex of some friendly judge he might know who can discretely sign off on a search warrant.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody and Bulwark

As Cody discreetly flashes his badge, the Professor squints at it. The mental rolodex is coming up slim as a manilla envelope and handwriting is not even remotely enough evidence to warrant a warrant. Even his silver tongue isn't good enough to get that.

Looking annoyed, he turns and walks back into the office, leaving the door open. "You dropped a lot of scary words hoping I would buckle under the pressure and give you everything you want. Not going to happen. If this is as bad as you say, shouldn't you be discussing this with our men in security?"
At this time, you get the message from Madame Macabre.