AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn enters after the others, nesting the less durable members of the team between herself and the Canadian Shield. Inside the library she takes a few steps inside before pausing. As she enters the metal clad woman's head pans around, taking in the scene and it's contents. Her eyes lingered on the books few a few seconds, then moved on.

"How do you tell a magic book from a regular book?"

A glance was given to Madame Macabre as she posed the question. A moment later she looked to Zyzzak.

"Time to dusk off your investigative skills. We can't be that far behind. See if you can find something that indicates where she went ... or is hiding"

Next Evelyn looked to Silver Phoenix and the Canadian Shield.

"Take a wider look around, but don't go too far."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

Books were never his bag. So, Luke figured he do the next thing, look around. "I am going to just take a peek around. If the magical door way of wherever we want to go took us here, I am guessing Medea is around somewhere.", remarks Luke. It's been ages since he's been in a library, so to say this whole place was strange to him would be an understatement.

He sticks close, but keeps an eye out for anything out of place or that might look like cover for a secret safe place to store dangerous things.
INvestigate 13
Presence 10
Probably not seeing much.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued; Bruised (-1)
"How do you tell a magic book from a regular book?"
Elizabeth hears Bulwark's question even as she is turning through some of the pages. "The script is of a form which I have seen before, though I am unable to read it or even discern the topic of the book. I just wish I could remember where I had seen it before..."

The black-robed necromancer grasps the book in her pale hands and lifts it. She proceeds to walk slowly around to the other tables, glancing from the book in her own hands to those on the other tables. When her attention is on her own book, she turns the pages lazily looking for anything out of the ordinary: folded pages, notes in the margins, highlighted portions, etc.

Finally the pale young woman stops at the table with the copy of Jason and the Argonauts. She closes the magic tome for a moment, still keeping it in her arms, and begins to look through pages of the classic, Greek story.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:1 LP:0 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: X-Ray vision
Pattern Array: Targeting
Defensive: Deflective field
Wrist Emitters: Cloaking

Given the directive to take a wider look around Zyzzak will fly in a circle over the book stacks and look for an that re disturbed or leaning to try to track Medea's path by what she's browsed.
if applicable, Investigation: 1d20+16 31
"Something pithy this way comes."
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth finds nothing of interest in the books lying on the nearby tables and continues to move about the tables and desks. Here eyes scan the walls for pictures, statues, or anything that isn't simply a bookshelf...anything that might be out of place or odd. When she sees a broom, feather-duster, or any of the so-called "cleaning crew" about their business, Elizabeth tries to strike up a conversation.

"Begging your pardon, but did you see anyone else in here recently besides my party? If so, could you be so kind as to point us in the direction they went?"
OOC: I have no idea if any of the cleaning utensils are actually out and about, but if they are then Elizabeth will try to question them. She realizes that they cannot actually talk, but maybe they can give her a hint or clue as to finding/contacting Medea.
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 0 Condition: Normal

Harry nods, heading out to scout the nearby area, attempting to stay within yelling distance while sweeping a circle around the area they appeared in.
OOC: Stealth, Perception: 1d20+10 15 1d20+12 28
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

There is nobody else in the library as far as anyone can tell.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn didn't go very far from where they had entered. Instead she stayed with the teams magic expert. While the necromancer looked over the books Bulwark was panning her eyes over the surrounding. Keeping watch so that her companion could focus on searching for signs of their target. The others reported in that there were no signs of Medea in in their vicinity. Evelyn had a response ready.

"She could still be here, hiding. If Medea can't be found, maybe what she is after can be. Macabre, any idea what this book she is after would look like?"
OOC wrote:I'm not into detective work. Which is why I'm taking a back seat and not getting very involved. I'll take a back seat to puzzle solving as well.

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

After a few minutes of searching, you come to the realization that while the library is extremely large, it is, in fact, not infinite. It does however, fold in on itself making it appear infinite. You also have found you are alone in the library.

And you can't find an exit anywhere.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:1 LP:0 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: X-Ray vision
Pattern Array: Targeting
Defensive: Deflective field
Wrist Emitters: Cloaking

"She's a transmuter, correct?" the alien's voice comes low over comms. "She may have turned herself into something here."

"Could it be reasonable to expect that if we spill something on the furniture the extras from Beauty and the Beast would rush to clean it, but the same courtesy wouldn't extend to her in whatever form she's taken?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

"The Nexus has been cooperative with us. Let's not do anything to antagonize it."

... Evelyn responds dryly when Zyzzak suggests vandalizing the Master Mage's abode. She is quiet for a few seconds, eying the space where the three books were before Elizabeth took one of them into her possession.

"You have a point about Medea. If she is hiding here, something is going to be out of place. What doesn't fit in?"
OOC wrote:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

Finding nothing, Luke circles back with the group. "Yeah, we all thought about it, but maybe we need to ask nicely for this place to bring us to Medea? Making it angry doesn't seem like the brightest idea to me. We know what some of the stuff likes to do here, keep it tidy. So maybe the tidy keeping parts will influence the opening a portal part to take us to Medea?", offers up Luke. He said it as more of a courtesy than a trying to get buy in.

"Lets make a deal.", starts Luke looking about the room. "Maybe you help us get to Medea, cut her off or something, we take care of her, and than we pop right back home? I get to go back to my beer, the others to whatever they do when not super heroing, and you don't have us hanging about this place. Plus No evil sorceress to rob some precious book. Deal?", offers up Luke. It was a long shot, but if he could talk a nun into going to the bar with him plus some, he might be able to talk the magical energies into helping.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

There is no response to your attempt to persuade the mansion.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

After watching her teammates and seeing their efforts (including her own) fall short of success, Elizabeth cannot contain a sigh of frustration.

"Perhaps the Nexus library contains books on the Nexus itself as well as the Alternity Atlas. Perhaps a section that would provide information on how it is laid out and where the Alternity Atlas might be kept." Thinking out loud, Elizabeth makes her comments to no one in particular. Carrying the unreadable magic text under her arm, she makes her way to the card catalog.
OOC: I assume there is some sort of actual card catalog cabinet with correspondingly labeled drawers somewhere. Elizabeth will use the card catalog to search for a section on the Alternity Atlas and the Nexus itself. Any titles that could discuss the layout of the Nexus or the location of the Atlas are what Elizabeth desires.
OOC: Here are the requested checks. First, Investigation: Investigation in the Library: 1d20+5 9. So, a total of 9. Here's the PRE Check: PRE Check in the Nexus Library: 1d20+5 14.
So, a total of 14.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sat May 14, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yes, and anyone searching the library for specific titles should make INT or Investigation check AND PRE check.