AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by kenseido »

All

"Nothing that concrete or definite. Maybe if I was still in the Earth dimension."

She sighs, frustratedly.

"You really need to get going. Time is of the essence."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

"Do I want to ask how there is plumbing in a house spread across dimensions?", asks Luke before deciding he doesn't want an answer. "Actualy don't answer that...", he adds cheekily.

Becoming less glib, Luke makes sure everything is clear in his head. "This whole magic thing isn't my bag despite what I tell the ladies, so let me make sure I have this all straight. A powerful mage and her cohorts are sacking the place for some magical nuke. We might lose our way if we lose focus. Oh, and there is other things that might be loose. You mages sure know how to throw a party.", remarks Luke. He was out of his depth, but if he was anything he was cool when drowning in an out of his depth situation.

"I'm ready to start focusing to find these intruders and letting this magical mystery house give us a path. I can't promise to not use up all the toiler paper though. I drank a bunch of whiskey and ate some questionable bananas with old peanut butter right before the door appeared. If there is an interdimensional 7-11 I'll swing by and get more if needed.", says Luke not being able to hold himself back from one final breaking the tension quip before it got real.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

Despite Seven's talk of urgency Evelyn did not rush off or encourage her teammates to do so. Instead she gestured to the unconscious robed people that lay on the group. Partially for the benefit of her team.

"We won't be going anywhere fast. We have four prisoners. Sallah is also here with us. He is injured and unconscious."

At that last statement she turned at the hip and looked to Silver Phoenix.

"Are you able to heal him? If Sallah is able to take care of the prisoners, then we can go after the other intruders."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"The Nexus will restrain the prisoners," Seven says. With that, the bound cultists sink into the floor and out of sight. "They will be delivered to the authorities outside once the ruckus out there is resolved."

Seven's image looks confused at the mention of Sallah. Finally, she looks around and see his injured form. This seems to shock her.

"Sallah will be fine. He just needs to rest from the toxins. The Nexus WILL PROTECT HIM." Those last words come across as more of a threat than a request.

And in response, a comfortable sofa rises up from the ground underneath him and a blanket seems to grow from it and cover him.

Seven then looks disturbed. "I need to go... take care of something. Remember what I said about the Nexus. And HURRY!" This time her words are more pleading than commanding.

Then her image fades.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn watches wordlessly as people sink into the floor and are set up on sofas that grew up out of the ground. There is a pause as she then looks to the phone in her hand, checking the reception. Doubtful it was good enough to get through to AGEIS, she tucked it into her vest.

"Seven advice about traveling with intent means we all need to be one the same page. Thinking, or willing, ourselves on the same course. Stay focused on finding the intruders that she mentioned. Phoenix and Shield, you are on point."

With that said, Evelyn allowed the more stealthy pair to do the teams trailblazing, before falling in behind them.
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry, with a raised eyebrow, couldn't help but notice the poor manners. Not even a please or a thank you, just requests they expected to be followed. But this wasn't the time or place for that conversation, assuming there would ever be one.

He set his shoulders, nodded to Bulwark but didn't move immediately. He considered Seven's words. This house would give them what they were looking for. His first thought was to simply go looking for the bad guys. But considering what Seven had said, the house could send him after almost anything. Intruders could be the same. If anything they were intruders, to a point, though he could argue they'd been invited. Or at least thrown in against their will.

No, he decided, best to focus on the only name he knew. Medea. He was going to search this house looking for Medea.

With another nod to himself, he glanced over to Silver Phoenix to make sure she was ready, then crept forward silently eyes open and shield at the ready.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

As soon as you are ready to move out, a passageway opens up in a wall. It leads down to heavy double doors with the lock smashed out. You hear the sound of glass shattering beyond the doors.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 3
Cnd: Normal

Elizabeth allows Silver Phoenix and Shield to take the lead. But the pale young woman doesn't remain too far behind. She is eager to hunt down the intruders and restore order to the Nexus. Her body is slightly distorted by the blur (and almost inaudible 'hum') of her Entropy Field. She walks slowly forward with her hands raised, ready at an instant to begin the verbal and somatic actions which will trigger her magic.
OOC: I'll include a Perception roll...just in case. :D Perception Roll in the Nexus: 1d20+10 27. So, a total of 27.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

The other side of the door sounded like a smashing party. Either they were having a drunken battle of wine and beer glasses or someone was doing something. "So anyone going to open the door so we can bust in, kick butt, and maybe take names?", inquired Luke. "If no one volunteers I am more than happy to charge in. Might be a spot of fun to see who might be on the other side of the magical door. has to be better than this place.", adds Luke.

He was itching to get moving. All of this magic stuff was out of his league, but he knew how to bash heads or talk the owners into getting smashed. Either way, he was ready for a party.
Flynnarrel

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:1 LP:1 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: Penetrating vision.
Pattern Array: Comprehend/Speak Machines
Defensive: Deflective field
Wrist Emitters: Tractor beam

Zyzzak assumes phasing will be useless but turns on deep vision to look through the doors to see the cause of the commotion on the other side. He'll report whatever he sees to the others.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

Zyzzak sees what appears to be an endless museum full of all kinds of treasures, with many of the display stands smashed and items missing.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn didn't stop waling. She applied pressure to the metal in the doors, pushing them open without physically touching them. After passing through the doors into the room, her next step was on a plate of metal that she had drawn to her. The platform she stood on carried her a couple inches off the ground while continuing to move forward.

"Spread out and advance. If you feel confident in your ability to do so remain concealed until you encounter hostiles."
OOC wrote:
Flynnarrel

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak sheet
HP:1 LP:1 CND:
EM I/O: Penetrating vision, extended, Radius.
Pattern Array: Comprehend/Speak Machines
Wrist Emitters: Cloaking, Passive

After sharing what he sees, and hearing Cptn Grecen's commands, Zyzzak modulates his suit for complete stealth and lifts into the air floating forward, taking advantage of the museum-like ceilings. He scans around visually, looking for any intruders trying to conceal themselves among the display pieces. His heads up display was a panoramic view, his external cameras giving an all-around scope at varying depths. It would have been headache-inducing if his species's mental faculties weren't capable of assimilating and parsing data at rapid speeds.
Likewise he was monitoring Radio frequencies so if any of the intruders had active cellular phones or radio communication devices he'd be alert to their presence.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

Even with his advanced mental processing, the alien gets nauseous looking at the contents of the room. There is far more inside each display than is visibly obvious at first inspection. It's a crazy array of things inside the seemingly endless room.
Take an HP for not being able to use your Penetrating Sense here.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak sheet
HP:2 LP:1 CND:
EM I/O: Communicate Machines
Pattern Array: Advance Targeting
Wrist Emitters: Cloaking, Passive

No one can see the alien wobble, bobbing like a lopsided apple in a tidepool. He shuts off his Deep scan, instead ready to initiate I/O with technology, not that he expects there to be any.

He instead keeps his 'eyes peeled' - a human expression that confused him until he considered that if an eye were actually peeled of its surrounding flesh it might have greater surface area for photonic input. He didn't quite think it would work in that fashion, but he wasn't certain and knew that such avenues of experimentation were frowned upon.

He instead glided into the room, scouting cloaked from above as he was able.