AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Fatigued

A nod is given in acknowledgement of the Director's statement about a possible new addition to the team. After he has gone she turns to face her teammates.

"The Canadian Shield has decided to leave the team so that he can spend more time with his family. Kodiac was recommended by Shield as a replacement."

She paused, looking over at the Man-Bear. Evelyn's eyes lingered on him for a few seconds before she tilted her team towards Harper.

"You look a little bruised too. Should let Phoenix look you over."

After that Evelyn went on with her update.

"You may have seen someone repairing the damage to the base exterior. That's our new tech-support, Nathan Steele. Given our continued conflicts with the Horde Director Parrish is also looking into finding us someone with experience in dealing with them."

At seeing Kodiac look towards the kitchen she gestured to the array of snacks that Luke and Jake had already prepared.

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [18] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 9]
[22] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by kenseido »

Night at the Museums

It's been a week since anyone has seen Luke. His personal belongings are also gone, and his AEGIS gear left on his bed.

Meanwhile, outside in the flying car are AEGIS Director Michael Parrish and someone unfamiliar to the rest of the team.

"Cody, I know this isn't what I brought you back for, but Squad 2 needs someone with your skillset. And with the Horde being active now, this is probably the safest place for you, even considering their recent activities."

"So, do you want me to go in with you?"
Last edited by kenseido on Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 2
CND: Smooth

Cody shrugged when Mike offered to make the introductions. "Most of them are professionals and the others can adapt quick enough. It would be a shame for you to go all this way in this snazzy ride and just turn around though.", says Cody. he knew what he was getting into generally, but another voice behind him wouldn't hurt.

As they continued riding, Cody straightened up his black and white striped suit and fedora hat with a black tie to make the ensemble work. His shoes were recently shined by one of the few shoe shine stops left in New Orleans. Altogether, he would look at home with a group of Al Capone gangsters. While he wouldn't be the most stealthy or blending into crowds, he never felt the need to since waking up. So, he dressed to impress.

"The Horde can't even keep their own founders alive long enough to defrost them. As threats go, I'd rank them a nuisance more than a real threat at this point. Certainly not with the teams that were put together. With Luke bolting though, they are lacking someone who isn't a die hard fighter or head in the sky mage. They could certainly loosen up a bit as well. All this fighting focus isn't good.", adds Cody. He'd read the Art of War among many other books. For the foes they were to face, coming to blows shouldn't be when things were decided. Hiding true strength behind some shenanigans was always helpful.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody

"Exactly," he comments.

He lands the craft in the front area of the headquarters, and the two of you get out.

Taped to the front door is a manila envelope with the word "Bulwark" scrawled on the front.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

Cody stepped out of the flying car and when he saw the director following proceeded to the door giving it a knock. Just barging in would have been rude. "Hello? Anyone in? Someone left a note for Bulwark out here if anyone is interested.", says Cody.

Cody turns to Mike. "So you didn't get these guys a mail box?", asks Cody jokingly.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Director Parrish rolls his eyes as he grabs envelope off the door, swipes his badge, and lets himself inside the building.

"Not here. I try to keep potential hostages and bystanders to a minimum. They have two household staff that I have to pay stupid amount of hazard pay."

Bulwark gets a notice from the security system that Director Parrish has entered the building.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy

A few minutes pass before Evelyn arrives to meet Cody and the director dressed in weathered black jean, an ashen grey colored shirt, black denim overshirt, ankle boots with a slightly elevated heel, and around her hips, worn through the loops of her jeans like a belt, is a chain. She approaches the men until she is within conversational range.

"Director."

... she greeted them man, then looked to the suit clad man with him and offered him a hand ending in gunmetal gray nails.

"... and Mr. Jones. I look forward to working with you."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

"Looking fashionable as ever I see.", remarked Cody. He appreciated they wren't strutting about in formal uniforms. Good start. "Since you don't have a mailbox, someone decided to tape an envelope to your door addressed to you. Not having secret note passing going on with a scandalous paramour I hope. I think that would be a breach of protocol at this location.", jokingly says Cody.

Not seeing the others greet the director, Cody looks about. "Others training or did we catch you during a meal?", inquires Cody.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Her hand remains held out to shake for a few second. When Cody shows no intention of taking it Evelyn lowers we arm to her side. She studies him for a moment before speaking.

"The team is on downtime, with volunteers monitoring for developing situations that require our intervention."

The woman's brown eyes shifted to Parrish, then flickered down to the envelope that he held in hand.

"Is that the package he is talking about?"

Evelyn paused and if he gave her the package she would take it without opening it.

"If there is nothing we need to discuss ..."

An eyebrow rose in an inquisitive expression as she looked between the two men, giving them time to interject before finishing as her eyes settled on Cody.

"... then we can get you introduced to the rest of the team."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

Harper had spent the last few hours meditating in her room and working on her bonsai tree, granted it was a Japanese hobby she found it more enjoyable than sand gardening.

Happy with the progress shed made on her tree, the martial artist put down the small pruning scissors and made her way to the kitchen for a few cups of tea and a light snack.

She walks past the doorway where Bulwark was talking with the Director and another man in a nice suit. She eyes her team leader and the Director for a moment. "Should I change into 'work clothes'?, or is this a social visit?" At the moment Harper was wearing a worn looking pair of sweatpants and a concert t-shirt for some eighties rock band judging by the skulls, snakes and lightning Bolts on it.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Director Parrish hands Bulwark the envelope. It's not heavy, and there are some loose pieces inside that shift around during the exchange.

"I don't have anything in particular. Just here in case anyone has any questions."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn's eyes swung over to Harper as she entered the hallway. They briefly moved up and down the woman, assessing her state of dress.

"You're fine."

With her free hand she motioned between Harper and Cody as she provided impromptu introductions.

"Cody this is Silver Phoenix. Phoenix, this is Cody. He is the new team member I told you about."

Slowly her stance shifted so that she could more easily see all three of the people in the hallway.

"Let's head to the kitchen. Kodiac is fixing something to eat."

With one hand she motioned down the hall, then began leading the way, only to pause at one of the doors. Balling her left hand into a loose fist she rapped her knuckles over the barrier.

"Macabre, you up for some social interaction? Our new squadmate has arrived."

Evelyn lingered at the door long enough to allow time for a response, or determine that a lack of response could indicate Elizabeth was either sleeping or not feeling social. Then she resumed the walk to the kitchen.
OOC wrote:
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

Evelyn's eyes swung over to Harper as she entered the hallway. They briefly moved up and down the woman, assessing her state of dress.

"You're fine."
Harper just nods in response.
With her free hand she motioned between Harper and Cody as she provided impromptu introductions.

"Cody this is Silver Phoenix. Phoenix, this is Cody. He is the new team member I told you about."
"Harper Zhao when we're not working." The red head says with a friendly smile.
"Let's head to the kitchen. Kodiac is fixing something to eat."
"I was heading that way already, sounds good." Harper answers as she resumes her trek to the kitchen. "Does anyone want some tea?"
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Humming to himself Kodiac was only wearing his jeans complete with a giant belt buckle embossed with the image of a maple leaf, and a very large novelty apron with the words "Kiss the Cook" on it as he created another meal for everyone in the kitchen, the kitchen was large (even for him) and had so many features that he just had to try out and the pantry had enough food supplies to feed an army. One of the features he was enjoying was the ordering system where he could request almost anything from round the world and it would arrive next day or in the case of the kiwifruit several days later.

Moving over to the stove, Kodiac opened the door letting the smell wafted out, satisfied he closed the door and continued working on the salad, he really couldn't understand why the Captain wouldn't let him build a firepit in the kitchen as nothing had the same taste as being cooked over an open fire but there was talk about something called a pizza oven getting delivered.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 0
XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an AE off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
Cnd: Staggered; Bruised (-1)
"Macabre, you up for some social interaction? Our new squadmate has arrived."
Disoriented from being in a deep sleep, Elizabeth grunts out a response, "Uh...ok...I'll get up."
OOC: I'm not sure if Elizabeth is healed from her wound, so I've not changed her Condition status.
Sitting up on the side of her bed, she yawns as she tries to bring order to her frumpy head of long, white hair. Meh, why do I even bother at trying to make myself look attractive.

Not eager to spend time getting fully dressed, the albino necromancer picks out her nicest, black bath robe to wear before heading out into the hallway. Elizabeth immediately picks up on the faces of her teammates, but then notices the "new guy". With a nod followed by a smile, she walks up to her new teammate. "Hello, my name is Elizabeth. It's nice to meet you."