AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 2
CND: Smooth

As they walked through the base to the kitchen, Cody looked over to Bulwark. "So those nails, style choice or artifact of your power? I was afraid to touch your hand in case I ruined a possible style choice. I'd hate to start off on the wrong foot.", inquires Cody.
"Cody this is Silver Phoenix. Phoenix, this is Cody. He is the new team member I told you about."
Cody tips his hat. "Nice to meet you Harper. I don't think we are working yet. If we were working I need to get on another suit. This one is a little older not great in the field.", says Cody nonchalantly. He didn't hold it against anyone dressing however they wanted. Some of the more scantily clad women when he woke up slapped him once or twice and he got the message to let it be. "Tea would be great right now. I am trying to kick the soda habit and my preferred drink of Whiskey hasn't arrived yet.", adds Cody.
"Hello, my name is Elizabeth. It's nice to meet you."
Repeating the hat tip, Cody gives a big Sinatra type smile back. "So, the famous mage of the team. I've heard a lot about you. Good things of course though.", says Cody.

Catching a whiff of the food, Cody smiles. "Smells like something good cooking. I could stand for a bite to eat."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy

"Don't worry. Tungsten carbide doesn't smear."

... Evelyn remarked when Cody asked about her nails. Confirmation that there was an application of ferrokinesis at work, not nail polish. Once Elizabeth had joined them the trek resumed as Bulwark lead the group to the dining room. When Harper offered to get tea her eyes shifted to the other woman.

"I would appreciate some tea. Thank you Harper. Let Kodiac know Cody and Director Parrish have arrived."

At the dining table Evelyn paused and looked to Elizabeth. Her eyes lingered on the necromancer a few seconds before panning to the Director and Cody.

"I'm going to get Nathan and check on some security feeds. Shouldn't be too long."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

Nathan is in the security control room staring at a screen full of strange symbols.

He looks up when you enter. "What's up, Boss Lady?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn steps into the door and closes the door behind her. Her eyes flicker to Nathan, the strange symbols on the monitor, then back to Nathan. There her attention stays as she offers her response.

"Someone attached an envelope to the front door. I'd like to see if there is camera footage of them."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

He looks at the envelope and then back at the screens. He taps a keys on his keyboard and the strange symbols disappear. Then he brings up an index and goes to today's date and starts scanning through the footage on fast forward.

He stops at a point. On the screen is an image of the front door. There is a blurry spot there.

"Yep, there it is. Same thing happened shortly before the cyborg attack the other day. Some sort of cloaking device. Not heat or motion detection, just a blurry spot of the cameras."

"I was trying to write a subroutine to scan footage for it, but I have no idea what this," he hits a few keys and the strange symbols come back on the screen, "language is. I presume it's the other guy's work?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Her head turned subtly to view the security footage once Nathan brought it up on screen. Her eyes narrowed then as the screen was shifted to the symbols that Nathan had been viewing when she first entered the room.

"By 'other guy', do you mean Zyzzak? I haven't had a good look at his coding language."

Lifting her left hand she motioned to the monitor, indicating the foreign icons displayed on it.

"Get some of that on a tablet. I'd like the others to take a look at those symbols."

At that point Evelyn dropped her eyes to the envelope she held and finally set about opening it and extracting it's contents. While she looked it over the woman continued to speak.

"Our new teammate has arrived. Cody Jones. You two have met, right?"

OOC wrote:
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

Nathan grabs a tablet and begins uploading some of the images to it.

"Looks like he rewrote the OS of the security system. Either I wipe and reload or I am stuck not understanding this until I can learn his language."

Nathan hands you the tablet. "Yeah, Cody helped with my rehab."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

Inside the envelope is a map of Atlanta with three Xs on it. There are pictures of four different artifacts in museum displays. There are notes about security systems for several museums, all of which line up with the Xs on the map.

There is a handwritten note with some scribbling.

"Mr X
$1 million each
5 teams planning on hitting"

There is also a date, three days from today. The handwriting is unfamiliar.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

After looking through the contents of the envelope she tucks them back inside and closes the envelope. Her eyes go back to Nathan as she accepts the tablet with the images uploaded to ti.

"Kodiac is making something to eat. You should join us. Catch up with Cody. We can talk to the Director about getting Zyzzak to forward you some information on his coding language since Parrish is already here."

There is a brief pause as she gauges Nathan's reaction to what she says before going on.

"You are in charge of the tech though. What is your preference, and if you do a wipe and reload what would that mean for us in a security sense?"

OOC wrote:
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

"Be nice to see Cody again," he comments at his mention.

"It would be a lot easier for me to work with it, and the rest of the team as well. But it would eliminate any enhancements in the algorithms Zyzzak introduced."

He pauses a moment. "If it's entirely my choice, I would restore it."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

"You and I can bring it up with the rest of the team, since everyone is already gathering for a meal. As long as there aren't any strong arguments against the reset we will go with your recommendation."

She laid the envelop from Mr. X over the tablet Nathan had given her, then tilted her head slightly to the side, indicating the door in a silent bid for Nathan to come with her. Evelyn then lowered the tablet at her side and opened the door with her free hand. Striding out into the hall she made her way back to the dining room. After taking a seat at the head of the table she turned the tablet's screen on and slid it towards the center of the table.

"Anyone recognize this?"

She paused, giving those at the table time to look over the alien icons displayed on the tablet.

"That's out base's operating system. Looks like Zyzzak coded it from scratch in his own language."

OOC wrote:
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an variable descriptor off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
Cnd: Normal
"Anyone recognize this?"

She paused, giving those at the table time to look over the alien icons displayed on the tablet.

"That's out base's operating system. Looks like Zyzzak coded it from scratch in his own language."
Elizabeth gazes at the symbols for just a few seconds as she chews her food. Remembering that her mom told her not to talk with food in her mouth full, she just barely manages to swallow before commenting. "I look at lots of strange symbols in my arcane studies. I've never seen anything like those characters. So, is this gonna compromise base security until it's fixed?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

Cody relaxed a bit more. Things were settling in a little and there was even a meal waiting for him. What more could he ask?

"That alien certainly was clever. I tried to keep up with some of what he was spewing, but it was all foreign to me. Probably should just fix it so us normal people could use it again. I'd hate to be stuck with some alien language computer system if we are attacked. About how long do you figure we'll remain vulnerable?", chimes in Cody.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Kodiac introduced himself to Cody with a handshake "Welcome welcome, take a seat there is plenty for everyone." as he lay out the main dishes on the table, he was very pleased with how the beef cheeks braised with a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, lemon grass and Kaffir lime leaves had turned out. The main salad to go with the beef cheeks was a mango and herb salad however he had also made a couple of different salads to cater for any other dietary requirements.

After everyone had served themselves, Kodiac then piled up his plate pausing for a moment to glance at the tablet "Nope means nothing to me, could be Greek for all I know."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Nathan gives a nod to Cody as he enters behind Bulwark.

"We're not dead in the water. He left it easy enough to turn on and off, as well as bring up specific footage. But anything more will be a challenge," Nathan responds.