AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by kenseido »

All

Madame Macabre is able to place the three stealthers in their attack points without raising any alarm and returns to the previous point where the rest of the team is waiting.
Need Stealth checks from Shield and Silver Phoenix for their approach and how they are getting up the towers.

I presume Zyzzak is going to fly in cloaked.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kenseido wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:34 pm I presume Zyzzak is going to fly in cloaked.
Correct.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine
HP: 1

After being dropped off by her mystically skilled teammate, Silver Phoenix made her way to her assigned entry point with the skill one would expect from someone trained in the martial arts - silently and quickly.

Upon reaching the spot Bulwark had indicated, Silver Phoenix took a moment to look over the wall. It seemed to be what one would expect to find as far as castle walls go, so the young woman readied herself and began channeling her chi in a manner similar to what she did when performing the Phoenix's Wing technique. However, instead of focusing on speed of movement and steadiness of foot this time the chi went into strengthening the muscles of her legs, making it possible for her to leap much higher than a normal person could.

OOC wrote: Stealth Check: _: 1D20+12 = [20]+12 = 32, I feel like I will wish that was a different roll in the future….

I'll Power Stunt off of Phoenix’s Wings (Speed 4) to do Phoenix Rising (Leaping 4).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 0 Condition: Fatigued

Harry grimaced as he made his way forward. The problem with sneaking up on fortresses was that best ones were designed to make those efforts as difficult as possible.

He did his best as he crept forward, making his way towards the walls, waiting for an opening and jumping to the top.

OOC:
Extra effort to stunt jump off of strength.
Stealth check: 1d20+10 19
Climbing check: 1d20+14 25
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

All three heroes catch the poor guard by surprise and easily dispatch them and secure the three towers.
The soldiers are PL2, so there is no real chance of any of them surviving.
With the planning, all three heroes used Extra Effort, so they are Fatigued. Sakuro offered to counter at least two of them with Leadership. Zyzzak also mentioned using a HP. You can decide if you want to follow thru as discussed OOC.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4 - 2 Leadership = 2
Cnd: Healthy

From a distance Evelyn observes the infiltration of the towers as best she can. Metal coated eyelids squint in concentration as she follows the fleet footed figures of the Silver Phoenix and Canadian Shield advance on the walls, then scale them in a single leaping bound. After the signal was given that the guards had been dispatched, she speaks up.

"Good execution you three. Adapt and overcome. Shield, Phoenix, grab the lookout's uniforms and any easily carriable gear. Then converge on Zyzzak's tower. We'll be with you shortly."

though her eyelids relaxed, the tension in her gaze and bearing remained after her observations concluded. In the wake of contacting the forward team she turned to Madame Macabre.

"Take us in. Do you best to keep the entry low profile and obscured. With the nearest lookout taken out, our entry should be less noticable, but that is no reason to given the enemy easy targets."

OOC wrote:Before we move in, Evelyn will use Leadership, via speech over the coms, to counter Shield and Phoenix's Fatigue.

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: X-Ray vision, Extended, Radius
Pattern Array: Comprehend languages.
Defensive: Deflective field
Wrist Emitters: Cloak

Zyzzak recloaks and listens in for Radio signals from the Germans.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

There isn't much in the way of radio signals. It seems clear the heroes' actions haven't been detected.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak reports the lack of notice and asks for orders.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

Elizabeth teleports Bulwark and Luke as instructed, taking them to a point well east of the wall where watchful eyes could not spot them.

Just after they arrive behind a cropping of rock, Elizabeth allows both her teammates to get oriented before speaking. "I can take us to any of the towers we can see on this side. I just need to be able to see through a window for safety reasons. Just give the 'go' and we'll be on our way."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

"I know a lot of languages, but what I know of German isn't best for this place. Now that we've taken the sentries, the plan to pick off people one by one until the alarm bells ring?", inquires Luke.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3

"Hold position."

Evelyn promptly replied when Zyzzak requested further orders. She then looked to Madame MAcabre and repeated her earlier statement, more firmly this time.

"Take us to the central tower."

Once they arrived Evelyn crouched down and made her way to the side of the tower that faced the castle courtyard. Peaking over the edge of one of the windows he looked over the interior space, and sized to the keep itself. Then she backed away gave Luke a cross looke when he asked about taking out the soldiers until the tripped an alarm. While they waited for Silver Phoenix she spoke to those present, and the other over the coms.

"We aren't here to take out the garrison. Our objectives are: find Medea, stop the ritual Macabre sensed, and retrieve the Atlas that was stolen."

OOC wrote: EDIT
I edited out the bits about going into disguise after Kensiedo's post about the soldiers keeping clear of the building.

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
Last edited by Sakuro on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

Looking over the courtyard, the soldiers appear to be given a bit of distance from the main building. No one is approaching it at all.

It will be next to impossible to approach the building under disguise without drawing serious attention to you.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3

"It looks like we've gotten as close as we are going to get with subtly."

Evelyn's lips pursed together into a think line. She fell silent for a moment, looking less than pleased with what she had seen of the courtyard.

"Ideally we wouldn't bother with the garrison at all. But they're between us and the only entry into the structure. We are going in noisy. Fast and hard. Clear the garrison and move into the building ASAP."

OOC wrote:
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

Surveying at the courtyard below, Elizabeth turns her head slightly to Bulwark without directly looking at her. "I could 'port Shield and Phoenix to any spot you want. Just kinda drop 'em off and let 'em create mayhem. Just tell me where you want 'em."