What If ...? [Disney Plus]

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Davies

What If ...? [Disney Plus]

Post by Davies »

On the whole, I think this was a pretty good show, though the decision to delay one of the episodes that leads into the season finale until next season is utterly bewildering. Many of the episodes strain my suspension of disbelief, but they remain entertaining for the most part.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
M4C8

Re: What If ...? [Disney Plus]

Post by M4C8 »

I liked the show for the most part but yeah some things were a bit hard to accept, especially in the Black Panther episode.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
FuzzyBoots

Re: What If ...? [Disney Plus]

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I like the concept of it. One thing I commented on after the first few episodes is that there's a bit of a tendency of "this change makes things better with little to no consequences", particularly with the sex and race lifts of the first two episodes. "Peggy gets the Super Soldier process? Why, she's even more effective than Steve was!" "T'Challa is Star Lord? Yup, that's a reformed Thanos on the team, and everyone loves him, unlike the original!"

I take it that the "Gamora defeated Thanos" one was delayed to next season? I thought that was a bit odd too.