For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Atrond Academy 3e Recruiting 4-5 PCs

Post by jmucchiello »

Three Mile Island is in Pennsylvania.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

It was, but as the intro says, moved to the edge of Long Island.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Given that there's a war with Russia just started, does either side have a super-soldier programme going on? Or is either side just drafting supers into their respective militaries? If it's only been a few days since war was declared I guess it may be too soon for that in the USA at least, but perhaps it's being discussed by politicians or on the news?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We picked it up and just moved it somewhere else. Superpowers are amazing. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Imbasel

Post by Imbasel »

Tony Jones wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:41 pm Given that there's a war with Russia just started, does either side have a super-soldier programme going on? Or is either side just drafting supers into their respective militaries? If it's only been a few days since war was declared I guess it may be too soon for that in the USA at least, but perhaps it's being discussed by politicians or on the news?
Both sides are rumored to have super-soldier programs in existence. Supers are sometimes drafted into militaries, but they fall outside of the normal chain of command and are assembled in special unites. There's now been a stronger push in the U.S. to force supers into the military which is met with mixed reactions. The fear is what happens if a powerful superhero, who may function as a small, army says no. Then you have a government who may be unable to force a draft which will lead to other issues.
Imbasel

Post by Imbasel »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:59 pm Finally have some time to look at my origin and it needs some GM input. The game takes place in Pennsylvania, right? I need to either remove my normal NPC love interest or give her super powers so she attends the academy as well. (Any particular preference here?) Likewise I need to deemphasize my family since they won't be at the academy.
We can make the NPC love interest attending the academy as well.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:41 pm We picked it up and just moved it somewhere else. Superpowers are amazing. ;)
That's certainly what I read it to mean! Moved 160 miles or more, just like that!

Though based on that I'm guessing some of them are a lot higher than our puny PL8...
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Imbasel wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:47 pm Both sides are rumored to have super-soldier programs in existence. Supers are sometimes drafted into militaries, but they fall outside of the normal chain of command and are assembled in special unites. There's now been a stronger push in the U.S. to force supers into the military which is met with mixed reactions. The fear is what happens if a powerful superhero, who may function as a small, army says no. Then you have a government who may be unable to force a draft which will lead to other issues.
Maybe they need a carrot more than a stick approach? I.e. make military service for supers sufficiently attractive (high pay, good benefits etc.) that people want to sign up. But then I suppose the normal soldiers could resent that which would be bad for morale. Complicated!

Oh yes, have any counties allied with Russia or the USA and joined the war on one side or the other? I can imagine China is probably staying neutral.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:06 pm Three Mile Island is in Pennsylvania.
Tony Jones wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:37 pm It was, but as the intro says, moved to the edge of Long Island.
Can we get a definitive answer for the location of the academy?
Imbasel

Post by Imbasel »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:32 pm
jmucchiello wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:06 pm Three Mile Island is in Pennsylvania.
Tony Jones wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:37 pm It was, but as the intro says, moved to the edge of Long Island.
Three mile island was physically moved from its location in PA to now being off the coast of Long Island.
Imbasel

Post by Imbasel »

First I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to create your character. The decision on whom to invite to the game was a difficult one. Below is our cast:
  • Indigo - jmucchiello - Pain Ray Psychic
  • Duke Cagliostro - FuzzyBoots - Correspondence Course Karate
  • Khermis - Tony Jones - Ebon Ink Avenger
  • Whisper - Doctor Malsyn - Word Warrior
  • Vice Versa - Gunmetal_Rainbow - Swap Teleporter
Please confirm you will be playing and I will then create the IC thread for tomorrow.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I'm in. Thanks!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oh boy, here I go again! Approciated. It'll be neat playing your Token Jerk/Evil teammate. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Confirmed. ^_^ It will be good to get back in the swing of games again.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Imbasel wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:04 pm
jmucchiello wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:32 pm
Three mile island was physically moved from its location in PA to now being off the coast of Long Island.
They moved the island? Okay. Why put it near Long Island. Why not put it further out to sea? I'm sure that's a Powers In The World class assignment.

And I'm on board. Are we starting on the island or at arriving at the island for the first time?