Playing with Gundams/Mechas

Where DMs can leave their notes, or ask other DMs for help with their game.
Emerald_Flame300

Playing with Gundams/Mechas

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

Greetings...

I have been away for a while and now I return with a question... If you read the subject then you know what it is.

I used to play Mekton Zeta many years ago.... 1995-ish... (geez I feel old!!) I have recently gotten the bug to run a game and the idea that popped into my head was to try a Mekton/Gundam-esque game, using the M&M system. I figured it could give a good cinematic feel while not bogging things down.

Has anybody tried this kind of game? Has anybody stat'ed out mechs?

Thanks in advance.
catsi563

Re: Playing with Gundams/Mechas

Post by catsi563 »

ive worked on some basics for a battletech style campaign using 3rd ed rules building the Mechs as the base character with the pilots as seperate characters its tricky but doable
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MisterB

Re: Playing with Gundams/Mechas

Post by MisterB »

I've been on a Gundam kick lately myself, and it's totally doable. I've been watching every series I can get my hands on. lol. I found that the series I have enjoyed so far. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans & Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn.

Mech's wouldn't be that hard to simulate. In my experience, you can simply treat them as Hardto Loose devices with plot based drawbacks. Give them the appropriate movement powers, protection, and weapon systems. I even think there was some booklets released for was it 2e or 3e, that had guidelines for this kind of stuff as well.