[MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I AM working on a "Fast Forward" post (or possibly 3, one for each week), but I'm really having trouble actually getting works in a line in a document. It is just turning out to be a heck of a week, and given that Vickie's month is likely to be kind of heavy, it means it is a tough slog.

Basically:
-Week one: coming to terms with A LOT of changes, both in her life and in the world. For someone who thrives on "having a plan", this is pretty traumatic. Starting with learning some physics and appropriate legal theory, and reexamining some of her life goals, including coming to terms with the fact that she will probably lose her partial scholarship, as it will be hard to keep her powers hidden on the track (and if she tried, it might be bad for the school, as well as her personally). She wants to stay in school, so loans? or some other income, possibly from powers?
-Week two: More studying (physics, Law), practicing and testing the limits of her powers, having THE TALK with her parents. Finding out her roommate won't be coming back to school when the semester starts.
-Week three: More practice, more studying. Coming up with some ideas about a life plan that includes powers. Also planning (just in case) about what to do if powers vanish as suddenly as they appeared.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:30 pm Oh yes, are the names of Harold's victims discovered and released at any point?

And what reaction is there to Deborah's interview with Khemis (if any)?
Yes. Sandra and Victor Hollinger. Took a while before they could be identified on account of the heavy burns.

As for the interview...the usual in today's day and age. Quite many supportive comments, a lot of them coming from friends and family of Sunstormers who know their loved ones to still be human beings...and a whole lot of conspiracy theories, online hatred and trolling...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Deborah would report any comments with obvious hatred to youtube.

I am still working on a what she was up to the last 3 weeks post.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, "Week One" of my Fast Forward is up. Included a tidbit that might interest Khemis- from "right here" in Chicago, no less...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Is that from the Dresden files? Neither I nor Khemis have read them. Though she might be doing so now...
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

So what is the status for Albert Jun according to the CPD? Was he merely a victim of a shooting or was he attacked because someone thought he was a sunstormer? If the latter, were there indications that made the cops make the assumption like him manifesting powers or someone making an anonymous phone call claiming responsibility? 🤔
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Apparently, someone decided against labeling it as a hate-crime for whatever nebulous reasons and they are treating it as a shooting. No one has claimed responsibility.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Presumably there are still suspicions among the CPD even if nothing official, especially given the anonymous phone call that got them guarding Albert's hospital room...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Oh come on. We all know that Helen did it, and Chicago PD has been covering it up since the ballistics report showed it was done with a CPD service pistol.

Right?

:D :D :D
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tony Jones wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:59 am Is that from the Dresden files? Neither I nor Khemis have read them. Though she might be doing so now...
Yes, Dresden Files. Supernatural adventures in Chicago.

And, just to be clear, where a substantial portion of my "knowledge" of Chicago-land comes from.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sorry it took so long to post my 3 week scene. But I'm glad I did. I only thought about Deborah going deep into the news a few minutes ago and it feels like it fits.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis is a bit confused as to how Albert has found her. She didn't give her name on any of the notes etc. she left him. On the other hand if he can use an email address as a teleport destination that would do it...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pretty much out-of-pocket this week, dealing with visitors. Assume Vickie is not paying attention to her "Bat-phone". she'll be shocked when she catches up.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

:D Finally managed to settle on what I want to spend those 2 PP on... and I'll just leave the other thoughts I had in mind for 'em for Stunts and stuff.

Gonna buy off the Limited flaw on Immunity (All Suffocation) so Sunny can take longer sojourns in space. And I'm going to move the Awareness [Sunstormer Energy] Sense out of the "Superior Senses" power to be it's own thing independent of that grouping - that way, it's a constant and permanent effect that Sunny always has active... It'll just be enhanced when Superior Senses is active (with the Analytical mod that only applies to that energy-awareness, not to all visual sense-type) so I'm not wasting that AE-point.

I also wanted to double-check on Descriptors for a lot of these stuff (especially since a month of time is probably enough for Sunny to have figured out more about his powers and stuff) on the whole "Cosmic-Radiation/Sunstormer-Energy/God-Wave-Force" thing. Especially since my idea for Sunny being very Superman-themed and the whole "the Solar Storm Flares gave people their powers" combined with the "Sunny is very attuned to the energy of the Sunstorm in an almost unique fashion" means that his connection to it and his knowledge of Science might become important later on... especially seeing as he can literally choose to see the energy-waves and radiation that are a result of the Sunstorm and the powers inherent to Sunstormers and stuff. I figure that checking on how well the "Cosmic" descriptor and "Stellar Radiation" descriptors would apply to "Sunstorm Energy" would be something to get some clarity on given how it'll tie into Sunny's power's themes and stuff (and for his future investigations into the nature of powers given he has the possibly-unique ability to perceive that stuff).

Mostly because my explanation for "How did Sunny develop his powers like this in the last month" would have been along the lines of: "Sunny, feeling stressed out decides to fly and seek out god. But, like Icarus, he flies too high. He shoots up beyond the atmospheric layers that shields the Earth from the most intense cosmic radiation. Given that Sunny has a weird connection to the raw, supernal power of the Sunstorm, the energy of space and the stars just restructures him a bit in the process as his body fights asphyxiation and his mind is just staring at the Sun with his super-senses active." :shock:

Also, it might help that making his awareness of those energies constantly-activate and independent of his Superior-Senses (which he has to consciously activate and focus on using) might help him catch sight of the influence of Nemesis should she ever decide to show up in front of Sunny... But that's really just Wild-Guessing on my part, and I am pretty confident she's more likely to avoid Sunny's attentions on her than she is tempt fate by showing up in front of him... :lol:

On a more light-hearted note, I had a flash of epiphany on "codename" for Sunny - "Starman". Any thoughts on it? Or suggestions of better ones? Had an idea for a scene where Sunny decides to do the vigilante thing and (as per usual) he's wearing a Superhero-T-Shirt... a Captain America one with the emblem of his star-spangled shield on it. And the heroics are caught on video by some random bystander and uploaded online... only the video also catches the music from the radio of the car the bystander was in, playing "Starman" from David Bowie's famous Ziggy Stardust album. 8-) :lol:

Edit: BTW, if anyone plans on sinking their advancement points into Powers, remember that Sunny is around to provide insight and training into helping hone our powers. He explicitly volunteered to do so for Deborah (Sunny promised to help teach her how to get a handle on flying), and he had pointers for Vex on the physics of her powers, so you can use those as justifications for advancement there. Not so much for Helen, though, who he's on the outs with... mostly because she'd rather put a bullet in his bullet-proof hide. But yeah, if anyone's interested, that's always an option for weaving together a shared-history during the time-skip via those kinda "training sessions" and stuff if you guys are up for that.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis would be interested in some training in fighting with someone whose strength is on a par with hers. Or more importantly, who is on a par with her toughness, who can take a super-strength hit...