[IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Phicksur

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by Phicksur »

Name: DeeCee
HP: 2

DeeCee hears the thing about holding people in prison, "I can always transform them into de-powered versions of themselves. That's normally how I help the authorities hold villains I help them catch or come along after they are caught. Once they are unconscious it's pretty easy to do. Once de-powered it usually sticks for a long time, and sometimes I go by some of the prisons to re-apply the effect when needed."
DeeCee's Transforming Touch power, after being applied on someone with powers, has a DC of 26, meaning that the target cannot break free unless natural 20s are allowed to break through powers as their Willpower would be reduced to zero as part of the transformation. Part of the Controlled and Compelled attached to the power is to make them not want to try to resist it, and behave like law-abiding citizens. That power was designed to keep baddies imprisoned after fights (which is why it has a +4 to hit, because it's made to be used after they are unconscious).
FuzzyBoots

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

As Medea descends, Warden touches the key at his neck and mutters something. A shimmering portal opens up beneath the falling body, and then opens back up again under the cushion with Medea hitting it back first. For several seconds, Warden stands silent.

To Aeon, Seven states, somewhat sourly, "Sallah should know how to secure it in the house... of course, Sallah should have known better than to not have it under lock and key. If he is unavailable, I can given you some instructions to keep it under the protection of the house... for as long as the house's protections last."

Back at the scene of the cushion, Warden draws in a breath with a harsh sound, and then releases it. He looks up at DC, his back ramrod straight.
"There was a time when people felt justice was served by hamstringing or lobotomizing a criminal," he says to DeeCee, his words sharply articulated, "Society has moved past that, as have I. You may want to jump," he says, and a large shimmering portal opens up at ground level, with a large stone room visible below, the floor perhaps a dozen feet down. The ship and cushion, along with Medea, Warden, and Tom Cyprus, obeys the law of gravity and drops, with the portal closing as soon as all of the people are clear. Where the portal had opened, the floor appears as bare rock in a rough oval, all of the grass sheared away.

"What was that?" Seven's voice says from the mirror, "Were the wards breached again?"
OOC wrote:There was originally a scene where Warden negotiated with the heroes to hold onto the villains and wouldn't take them by force. I recognize that, from DeeCee's point of view, his is the humane solution, but I felt Warden would like see the parallel to the judicial practices like lobotomies (including the Doc Savage books for that matter) or hamstringing potentially dangerous criminals, and it would hit his buttons, so he triggers his Portal ability.

Aeon, Libra, and the Alternity Atlas are outside of the field of effect. DeeCee can succeed automatically to jump clear of the portal and not fall through before it closes, or he can decide to enter it.
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

Name: DeeCee
HP: 2

DeeCee hops out of the way of the portal as it opens, asking, "Was it something I said?" as he turns to his comrades, and then notices that Sandstone is still here. "I guess you're on temporary pardon and I'm responsible for you. May we should talk about what you did to get into trouble, and what can be done to get you out of it, and talk about whatever cure you were looking for?" He absently touches his osmium dome to transform it into air before picking up the book and handing it over to Aeon. "I ain't got nothin' to do with magic so, as our resident twiddle-finger, I believe you should take possession of this..."

Looking around the room, "...also, I'm hungry. I don't suppose there's a kitchen somewhere? Or do I have to make one?"