Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys (Monster Girl, Robot)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (PL 18 Darkseid)

Post by Goldar »

I love what you did with Aquaman and Darkseid!! Both always seemed more powerful and stronger than what the official builds showed.

I would love to see your builds of Donna Troy, Superwoman (Earth-3 evil Diana), Ultraman (evil superman) and Night Girl[ who was totally left out of the last RPG.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Goldar wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:16 am I love what you did with Aquaman and Darkseid!! Both always seemed more powerful and stronger than what the official builds showed.

I would love to see your builds of Donna Troy, Superwoman (Earth-3 evil Diana), Ultraman (evil superman) and Night Girl[ who was totally left out of the last RPG.
Thank you so much. I'm glad to see that you share my perspective. I will do these builds after Doomsday. I guess Donna will be a PL 13-14, since she is kind of a younger and less experienced version of Wonder Woman. Evil twins should differ by skills and advantages I believe. I would expect Ultraman to have All-out Attack and a really high Intimidate for example. I must do a little bit of research for these guys.
Harnos

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters

Post by Harnos »

Doomsday PL 16 (292)
Strength 21 Stamina 20 Fighting 9
Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Intellect -2 Awareness 1 Presence -2

Powers:
Huge Size: Growth 4, Innate, Permanent (9)
Immortal: Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging), Immortality 5, Quirk; Doesn't work if every cell is obliterated (1 day) (20)
Invulnerable: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 15 (Stops 14 or less, 30 pp) (38)
Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds), Feature 1: Regrowth
Bone Spurs: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical 1 (2)
Adaptive: Immunity 40 (Whatever killed him before) (40)
Super-strength: Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to Lifting (800.000 tons) (32)
Leaping 12 (16 Miles)
Groundstrike; Burst Area 2 (60 ft) on Strength Damage 16, Limited to the targets on ground.
Primal Rage: Enhanced Will 4, Limited to mental attacks (2)
Kryptonian Slayer : Detect Kryptonians 2, Extended 2, Tracking (5)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Power Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Takedown
Fearless, Great Endurance, Diehard, Improved Initiative 2, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort 2 (Strength Checks, Toughness Checks)
Improved Critical 1 (Bone Spurs)

Skills: 34 ranks
Acrobatics
Athletics 1/22
Close Combat: Unarmed
Deception
Expertise:
Expertise:
Insight
Intimidation 20/20
Investigation
Perception 7/8
Persuasion
Ranged Combat: Throwing 6/8
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 7 Parry 9 Toughness 22
Fortitude 20 Will 8 (12 against mental powers)

Offense:
Initiative 10
Unarmed 10, Damage 22
Throwing 8, Damage 21

Abilities 102 + Defenses 12 + Powers 148 + Advantages 13 + Skills 17 = 292 pp

Complications:
Motivation(Destruction): Doomsday exist only to destroy.
Hatred: Doomsday hates all things Kryptonian and can sense Kryptonian life-forms due to the nature of its origins.
Disability: Doomsday is unable to speak.

Doomsday is another villain who can fight JL alone. His physical might is equal to that of Darkseid but he lacks his combat training. However, his regeneration makes up for his reckless fighting style. He is clearly stronger and more durable than Superman. Clark Kent can defeat him only with hero points and some lucky rolls. His defensive powers make him really expensive for a brute fighter. I raised his Immunity to 40 ranks because he, at some point in his career, is supposed to be immune to punches from superhumans. Overall Doomsday is Tarrasque of his setting, a walking engine of destruction nearly impossible to kill.
Last edited by Harnos on Mon May 29, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Harnos wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:23 amI guess Donna will be a PL 13-14, since she is kind of a younger and less experienced version of Wonder Woman. I must do a little bit of research for these guys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let me know if, in your research, you actually find a version of Donna Troy that exceeds PL 11. Most versions of Donna wouldn't qualify as a Heavy Hitter.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Harnos wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:34 pmImmortal: Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging), Immortality 5, Limited; Doesn't work if every cell is obliterated (1 day) (16)
Okay, that is not what I would consider a limitation worth -1 per rank.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:18 pm
Harnos wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:23 amI guess Donna will be a PL 13-14, since she is kind of a younger and less experienced version of Wonder Woman. I must do a little bit of research for these guys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let me know if, in your research, you actually find a version of Donna Troy that exceeds PL 11. Most versions of Donna wouldn't qualify as a Heavy Hitter.
What PL was Donna in the Official Build? Wasn't it PL 13?

And Hamos does their own take on these characters with a focus on higher levels as they see what matches the characters.

I love these higher stats and cannot to see more!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:03 am

And Hamos does their own take on these characters with a focus on higher levels as they see what matches the characters.

Yep. She was a PL 13 in the official build, and I laughed at that, too. Harnos is free to do whatever. I've just read too many Teen Titan comics from too many eras.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:37 am
Goldar wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:03 am

Yep. She was a PL 13 in the official build, and I laughed at that, too. Harnos is free to do whatever. I've just read too many Teen Titan comics from too many eras.
Donna is supposed to be just a tad under Wonder Woman in strength.

The comics have not always been kind to Diana as far as strength either, often not showing her as the strongest DC woman.

This is true for so many characters---there are a number of Marvel ones---which is why I love Hamos' idea for Heavy Hitter Stats.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Davies wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:35 pm
Harnos wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:34 pmImmortal: Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging), Immortality 5, Limited; Doesn't work if every cell is obliterated (1 day) (16)
Okay, that is not what I would consider a limitation worth -1 per rank.
Yeah, I think you are right. So I edited it to a 1 pp Quirk.
Harnos

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (PL 18 Darkseid, PL 17 Doomsday)

Post by Harnos »

Let's start with Ultraman

Ultraman PL 15 (367)
Strength 20 Stamina 17 Fighting 10
Agility 4 Dexterity 3
Intellect 5 Awareness 2 Presence 5

Powers:
Ultra Durable: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 12 (Stops 11 or less damage, 2 pp per rank) (27)
Ultra-strength: Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to Lifting (400.000 Tons) (5)
Feature 1: (Wins the opposed strength-checks when in a tie)
Beyon Human Needs: Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging) (11)
Ultra-reflexes: Quickness 9, Enhanced Advantages: Improved Initiative 5, Evasion (15)

Faster Than Anything Made in Anti-Earth: Flight 18, Subtle (500.000 MPH) [37 pp array] (40)
  • AE: Space Travel 1
  • AE: Speed 15 (64.000 MPH), Quickness 6 (Stacks with Quickness 9)
  • AE: Flight 15 (64.000 MPH), Quickness 6 (Stacks with Quickness 9)
Ultra Vision: Multiattack Ranged Damage 16, Accurate 2, Precise [51 pp array] (55)
  • Wide Beam: Close Ranged Damage 15, Cone Area 2 (120 ft)
  • Freeze Breath: Cone Area 2 (120 ft) Affliction 15 (Resisted by Dodge and Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired Toughness and Dazed, Disabled Toughness and Stunned, Paralyzed)
  • Groundstrike: Burst Area 2 (60 ft) Affliction 15 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone)
    Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to targets on the ground, linked with Close Damage 15, Burst Area 2 (60 ft), Limited to targets on the ground
  • Fly Through: Line Area 3 (500 ft) on Strength Damage 15, Feature 1 (Can spend a move action do double the area)
Burning Eyes:Feature 1 (Glowing red eyes give +5 circumstance bonus to Intimidate checks) (1)
Ultra-senses: Extended Vision 3, Infravision, Ultravision, Vision Penetrates Concealment; Limited: Can't see through lead, Microscopic Vision 4
Extended Hearing 3, Ultra-hearing (15)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit 7 (Ruler of his Earth), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort,Evasion, Improved Initiative 4, Great Endurance, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort 2 (Strength checks, Toughness saves)

Skills: 58 ranks
Acrobatics 1/5
Athletics 1/21
Close Combat:
Deception 4/10
Expertise: Astronaut 2/7
Expertise: Science 2/7
Expertise: Crime Boss 6/11
Insight 10/12
Intimidation 13/18
Investigation
Perception 6/9
Persuasion 9/14
Ranged Combat: Throwing 2/8
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology 2/7
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 10 Parry 10 Toughness 20 (Impervious to 11 or less)
Fortitude 17 Will 10

Offense:
Initiative 20
Unarmed 10, Damage 20
Heat Vision 10, Damage 16
Throwing 8, Damage 20

Abilities 132 +Defenses 14 + Powers 169 + Advantages 22 + Skills 29 = 366 pp

Complications:
Power Loss: Ultraman loses his powers without regular exposure to anti-kryptonite. He keeps pellets of the substance in the compartments of his costume to prevent his strength from waning.
Vulnerability: Ultraman is vulnerable to magic. All the magical effects targeting him has 2 more effect rank against him. His Toughness
is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Relationships: Ultraman has a love/hate marriage with Superwoman (who loathes him) and a rivalry with Owlman.
Secret: The antimatter Clark Kent has committed personally shameful acts which he fears coming to light; Ultraman tolerates Owlman on the Crime Syndicate Team because of threatened internet exposure.

Ultraman's powers are same, so most of the difference is coming from skills and advantages naturally. He is not as accurate as a brawler, because Superman had to fight the same enemies many more times while Ultraman simply killed them. Despite being one PL lower than Superman, he can level the playing field with All-out Attack and Startle. He is not "holding back" and he should be more used to dirty fighting. His awareness is lower than Superman because his mind isn't as stable but he still must be iron willed to rule his earth and withstand mental attacks. Ultraman's people skills are a little bit higher because of his rulership, Intimidate gets a significant boost, as a dictator he loves vulgar displays of power.

Also I named his powers ultra ..., it is dumb but couldn't resist the urge. :D
Last edited by Harnos on Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
catsi563

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (PL 18 Darkseid, PL 17 Doomsday, Ultraman)

Post by catsi563 »

Secret: The antimatter Clark Kent has committed personally shameful acts which he fears coming to light; Ultraman tolerates Owlman on the Crime Syndicate Team because of threatened internet exposure.

See now this is intriguing a being so powerful he should fear nothing and not give a whoopety doo about what others think. and yet hes somehow committed acts so heinous that he fears them getting out because they would destroy him in some fashion
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:48 pm

See now this is intriguing a being so powerful he should fear nothing and not give a whoopety doo about what others think. and yet hes somehow committed acts so heinous that he fears them getting out because they would destroy him in some fashion
I guess it must be on par with pedophilia or abusing a corpse.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

See, that is the intriguing part for me, lol....just what could it be that he did???!?
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Harnos wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:02 pm

I guess it must be on par with pedophilia or abusing a corpse.
Oh no! Say it ain't so!! :o
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Very nice Ultraman and pic too!

I also see it that he would have alternating qualities with Superman that slightly shift their skills/advantages.

But since Ultraman does not hold back like Supes (all-out attack) wouldn't that make him more dangerous?

I also like the usage of "Ultra" abilities, 'cause that's what they are and what he calls them too!