Savage Rifts for Foundry VTT

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Sidious

Savage Rifts for Foundry VTT

Post by Sidious »

So I've had the Savage rifts stuff for foundry since it came out. I just never looked at it closely before as I was running Savage Star Wars and didn't need to.

Holy hell! I can't believe they charged money for this!
Damn thing is near totally incomplete.

The races don't have racial abilities built into them. In Foundry you need to add the edges, hinderances, and increse/decrease to attributes and stats (2 seperate things) to the racial profile inorder for the character to get it when you slap it on them. So far I've fixed the Altara Blind Warrior Women from Atlantis and the Psi-Stalkers. I've built the Dwarves, Elves and Orcs from one of the other books a a test. I'm working on Intelligent Constructs (PC Robots)

They've also not bothered with a bunch of Edges and special abilities, used to create new races so I'm constantly adding them.
I did make the Naruni Mech-Knight Armor so I could learn how to do that.

My next goal is to go through the Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Gamemaster Guide and Savage Foes of North America and see what else they left out. Them I'll be adding the newer books based on whims (not sure if I'm ready to tackle Tatto Magic & T-Men). I pretty much just wanted to make a thread to vent and see if anyone else uses or has tamed the system and had any pointers. I've been burning up the discord for Savage Worlds nd Foundry for a bit now.

Edit: The do have dragons. Instead of under race, they are under Iconic Frameworks. But they only have Fire Dragons, no other kind. Looks like more things I'll need to build.
Sidious

Re: Savage Rifts for Foundry VTT

Post by Sidious »

so the main module has just the Dragon hatchling from the main book. A Flame Wind (fire dragon).

Went through last night and created the Forrest Runner, Great Horned, Snow Lizard, and Royal Frilled hatchlings. I have no ide what Forrest Runner and Royal Frilled dragons are since they dont show up in Palladium games under those names. They may very well be created just for Savage Rifts with no corosponding version in the main game.

Fixed Cyber-Knights: Added their Cyber Armor and worked on the Psi-Sword a bit.
Created the Ogre Race.

Oh! and I created Tattoo Magic last night. Still working on getting all the power tattoos written up but it doesn't look like that should be a bother, just time consuming.

I realize I'm bouncing around books a bit, but I'm taking that as a good thing so I don't get borred working on just one book.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Created Tattoo Warrior, all its Edges, had to stop on powers. Have 14 more to create. Added Strain attribute to character sheet.
MARS-Bounty Hunter is now a thing.
Finished adding Tomorrow Legion Players Manual.
Will finish proofing main TLPG in morning. They left out the Juicer Edges. SMDH.
Once that’s done it’s jumping between the other books and Atlantis.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

ugh... if there is one thing in this world that ticks me off the most it's lazy Computer techs or anyone giving a half-assed effort on things.

Case in point.
Savage Foes of North America module for Foundry. The Vehicles are all cloned instances of a motorcycle. Complete with pic and stats. Only the name and the narrative details had been changed.

So last night I spent the evening fixing all of them. I also added all the Automatons from the Arcana & Mysticism book as I was on a roll. Thank you Jab for already covering this book as I grabbed the images for most of them from there. The stats are now all correct. They have pics (B&W but still) and I even made the tokens for them.

What get's my gall is I PAID for these modules. They are half complete at best. Granted, I will get free updates when and IF (note it's a big IF) they ever do update them, and that will wipe out all the work I've done correcting their errors in the first place. So I made my own Rifts Compendium so I can just re-load anything that gets changed for the worse. I wont complain if it's changed for the best.

On the bright side the developers of it seem really nice. They HAVE helped me in my little project. I'm cutting them a little slack for a rushed and unfinished product but I am NOT letting them off the hook.