[OOC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Going with the idea to lure the creatures across a natural sinkhole, hopefully plummeting them down to who knows where. Once Pounce is safely across, of course. The Mind will position itself to catch her just in case.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

After starting to watch Sandman on Netflix, I get the image in my head of the Shaper being Dream and Craze being one of his ravens.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I have only seen art of Dream of the Endless. They do have a look that could fit for an older version of D'Tan. D'Tan has a dark and brooding teenage mage aesthetic going on.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Given how Shapers work, this image is very clearly shown in episode 2.

Spoiler-tagged per board rules:
Spoiler
The scene where Dream must "reabsorb" Gregory the gargoyle is pretty much spot on with how Shapers can regain their Essence by ending one of their constructs, at least in my view
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, my thoughts exactly while watching it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So the vines look thick enough to tangle the creatures, assuming they go into them?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Craze and Scout are at the ruins. There are vines crawling up the sides of buildings. Not hanging vines that would entangle the Fyora. There is no canopy in the ruins. You can leave the ruins. However, Craze has seen the Fyora move through the forestry. They weren't hindered by it. It is common sense to estimate they could simply walk around vines that Craze leads them towards. Also bear in mind, they can breathe fire, they have razor sharp teeth and claws as well. If they somehow were tangled in vines, it wouldn't take long for them to free themselves. It might buy you a round or two to turn the tables on them.

That said, you need to do more than lead them towards the vines. You need to obscure the vines or get them so tunnel visioned that they overlook the vines. You also need to ensure they get wrapped up in said vines, rather than the vines just sliding off of them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Assuming Scout shared his abilities, I was thinking casting an illusion as if they weren't there and Craze flying in a manner(dice gods favouring him hopefully) the raptors get stuck for a round or two allowing for strikes at them. I'm realizing afflictions are rather weak against foes at near equal pl.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The bit you're missing is a way to keep the vines from just sliding off the Fyora. Add in Scout physically manipulating the vines, either setting up a trap or whipping them around the Fyora as they go by, and you're good.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

FYI, I may be quiet for a few days. Got some rough family news- still processing right now, but I am likely to be a mess for abit...
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

How long would it take Scout to setup the vine trap and what skill is used?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Thank you for informing me Pathfinderq1. Pounce can hang out in the background.

As for Scout making a trap, he could get into place and manually try to entangle the Fyora. This would effectively be a ready action. If you want to setup something simple and quick, about one minute and a Survival check. Scout doesn't have the Skill for anything more elaborative or effective and what would equate to a simple snare.

The issue with Scout setting up a simple snare is that one minute. The Fyora aren't going to stick around chasing someone they can't catch that long. They're already looking to break away. If you want to do the snare, something that'll spring without Scout having to manually manipulate the vines in close when the Fyora are in range, Craze needs to do something to keep their attention. Taunt them, get them mad at him, make himself look like a plausible target, or a threat they can't ignore.

What are Mind and Meat Shield going to do? Meat Shield has expressed an interest in checking on the Rogues that were chasing after Pounce but hasn't done anything more than voice their interest. Mind has been silent.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Apologies for the quiet, it's... been a week. Decompressing from stress and all that. I think he would've had Comments, just need to sit down and muster up the right creative energies.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sakuro wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:37 pm What are Mind and Meat Shield going to do? Meat Shield has expressed an interest in checking on the Rogues that were chasing after Pounce but hasn't done anything more than voice their interest. Mind has been silent.
Meat Shield is waiting for Pounce to lead the way, though given what Pathfinderq1 is going through right now, I'm guessing replying is not high on their list of priorities...
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm not doing well, and a few others in our group have some offline matters making posting difficult. Going at a slower posting pace is alright.