[Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Go ahead and add 20 bronze coins to Chips' sheet.
Craze and Meat Shield move ahead of the group while the majority of you remain close to your Shaper. The youth wears his armor awkwardly, his movement jerky and disjointed and the chitinous plate of it rustle against one another as he moves. His dark eyes are alert though, and his gaze moves continuously about his surroundings as you advance through the dense forestry.

It isn't so bad as the thorn tangled mess you had to travel through when you first set out on your exploration of the island, but it is dense enough to limit vision and force a flier such as Craze to slow down while weaving between trees. The canopy blocks out a great deal of light from overhead, with thin beams filtering through the leaves.

Mind provides directions to the ruins. Directions stolen from the mind of a Servile that promised safety from the traps littered throughout the bandit infested forest. Craze and Meat Shield are able to provide confirmation that the route is free of traps, though it swings close a few here and there. Craze's keen nose picks up on some fetid rot from a spiked pit trap that suggests it hadn't been cleaned out and there may yet remain something good to eat there.

In time you see pieces of stone structures here and there. A single standing wall or two, then nothing for several hundred feet. Whatever was here has been largely swallowed up by the forest and lost to time. Eventually, however, you find mostly intact building. It has three stone walls, cracked and worn down by nature. The fourth wall is crudely constructed and made of wood. Craze is able to note a handful of hooded Serviles in leather armor scattered about the area hiding in brush, and is able to warn Meat Shield in time to keep the long limbed creation from walking right into their line of sight.

As he flutters through the air Craze also notes the irony scent of blood in the air.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 5; Luck Points (Base 2): 0; Condition: Fine

*So, shall we just charge in and attack?!* sends Meat Shield over the mental link, a tone of excitement at the prospect in their mental voice. *I'm sure we could surprise them now we know where they are!*
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 1
CND: -1 toughness

"I smell blood so the leader went this way. He is probably heavily protected.", conjectures Craze over the mental link.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

*Not protected enough!* sends Meat Shield excitedly over the mental link.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0; Condition: Bruised x2

Chips eyes the scene.

The leader probably left these to delay us while he sets a bigger ambush.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

*Well, that depends how many bandits he has surely!* comments Meat Shield excitedly. *These might be the last ones! Maybe Mind knows how may there are from rummaging through the mind of the one you killed! Anyway, the more the merrier!*
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 0, Fatigued

"I was unable to procure that information." It replied, considering the situation. "Employing a cautious approach I would be able to disrupt their neural pathways from hidden locations without their realization by first locating isolated targets. This would make our inevitable confrontation easier."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You Shaper comes to a halt when Meat Shield and Craze alert the group to the presence of the Servile bandits hiding in brush around the ruins. While you talk about the danger ahead and how best to handle it, the Shaper is looking around. Studying the terrain. Eventually he speaks up, having decided on something. When he does speak, his dark eyes are on the floating Mind.

"Pounce and I will remain here, acting as a rear guard, incase the Rogues try to flank us again. Mind, you may coordinate the attack as you see fit."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze

"So, whats the plan? We pounce and see how it goes?", inquires Craze over the link. He was twitching a bit and ready to go. Given his age, he was oblivious to the whole notion of a play on words. Somehow, he still did it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

When it began to look as though the Mind had fallen into one of it's reparative thought-loops your Shaper adjusted quickly, retracting the discursion he had earlier offered the Mind. When with his voice lowered to keep from carrying, it drew attention and was difficult to ignore. The young Shaper spoke with purpose and without doubt of hesitation in the orders he gave.

"We do not have time to plot out a detailed plan. The Rogues will notice us. Advance on their position under stealth to reduce the advantage of their range weapons. Then pick separate targets and attack all at once before you loose the element of surprise."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 0, Fatigued

"-in order to isolate the targets one needed to approach from the side in order to isolate the targets one needed to approach from the side in order to isolate the t-targets..." It's thoughts had droned into a background static, up until it's shaper had made the executive decision for them. Arcs of disappointment flashed over it's folds, over it's own inability to properly come to task one need required. It was time to break from it's loop and act. "I understand. I will proceed as instructed."

Stealth: 26

Using the foliage as cover, it carefully lifted itself into an advantageous position while following a distant echo of thought. It held confidence in it's ability to detect prey.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points (Base 2): 0; Condition: Fine

"Of course, o Shaper! It will be my pleasure!" bounces Meat Shield enthusiastically. They sneak off into the undergrowth, heading via an indirect route for the Rogue furthest away from the Shaper with the intention of attacking from the far side to confuse them..
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0, Condition: Bruised x2

Chips follows suit, moving stealthy into the woods moving towards one of the bandits not targeted by the others.

As he reaches the bandit, he extends his blade hand and impales the bandit.
Stealth: 1d20+6 23
Activate Dense Skin and Blade Hand
Blade Hand: 1d20+8 28
DC26 TOU with the crit
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze

Advancing from his position, Craze was just a bit too excited. He swooped in from the trees approaching from the most advantageous angle and let out a caw trying to get back into the trees.
Stealth 15
Caw of Confusion: Affliction 7(Will save, Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; Extras: Area Cone +1/rank)
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The four creations set out, quietly advancing through the foliage. Mind coordinates the effort, ensuring that each of you gets your targets and none of your are doubling up on the same Servile. Then, all at once, you launch your attacks when the signal is given.

Chips' quietly rises from their hiding spot feet away from their target and plunges a blade into the bandit's chest. Blood wells up around their living weapon. Warm and wet. The Servile goes limp and Chips lets them fall.

Craze, excitedly descends from branches and obscuring leaves, unleashing a mind bending kaw! Two of the bandits, caught up in the sonic assault, try to cover their ears but are two late. They cry out, quick and sharp, convulse in place, then fall to the forest floor.

OOC wrote:All of you manage to sneak up on your targets. Which means you all get to take part in a Surprise Round. You will have 1 Standard Action.

Chips' attack takes out one of the bandits.

I'll say Craze is able to catch two bandits in his AoE. He Incapacities both of them.

I need actions and rolls from Meat Shield and Mind.