[OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nicely done, applause all around players! Hope that was a fun battle for you guys, take some time to roleplay in-game before we wrap up this first adventure.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Woot!

Quick back-story question as we enter the denouement of the first adventure -- does the Arcane Order have any pre-existing protocols for dealing with stuff like "what to do after you've subdued a Viking Dwarf Sorcerer from another dimension and/or time-period that went on a rampage on Earth around mundanes"? Do we need to detain him with magic to be sent to magic-prison? Or just open a portal to wherever he came from and chuck him through it after alerting the authorities of his home-dimension? Or is it more of a "let the Premium City police handle it, don't stick around to make problems for the Order by getting involved further" kind of deal?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The rules of the world are a little skewed when it comes to other players acting as villains', the very mechanics of the game necessitate they always have a means to escape confinement somehow. That being said, when it comes to supernatural themed villains' specifically, they usually end up in that respective custody after being processed by the local policing forces. Unless they're super bad news or high priority, then they'll get dealt with personally.

Absinthe, despite the trouble he's caused, is entirely unknown to your order here in the stateside servers.

Unrelated, he's not even a sorcerer. He just has 'friends on the other side'. :lol:
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sorry for the delay on that, seems I've been distracted as of late.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That's trademarked already, Rainbow. ;)
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:28 pm That's trademarked already, Rainbow. ;)
Oh wait, that's the name of the game, isn't it? x_x I literally just woke up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yep, haha. Though now that I think about it, I suppose from it wouldn't necessarily be barred in-game. Could work out.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:43 pm Yep, haha. Though now that I think about it, I suppose from it wouldn't necessarily be barred in-game. Could work out.
I edited it. I thought Superheroics Unlimited would be a neat team name, and forgot you'd named the game that, Coming up with a team name is rough sometimes though xD

I thought Heroes Unlimited or Powers Unlimited, but those are actually ttrpgs out there (well, Heroes Unlimited is, and Powers Unlimited is a set of supplement books that have more powers for HU)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Powers Unlimited sounds really good, probably why someone used it already. :lol:
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Dana would be double-checking that whatever team names proposed aren't registered with the authorities yet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

For the sake of player freedom, pretty much anything is open. Even if there might be another team with a similar name, they might tack on a regional tag to it to differentiate.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm about ready to get the conclusion narrative stuff in, does anyone want to vote in on a name? I hadn't seen Kenma post any thoughts on the matter, and do we have Pathfinder yet?
------------
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Got a post in the works. Just been swamped with a work project that's up against deadline and having to stay up at odd hours because I need to interface with a bunch of colleagues on the other side of the globe in order to get things done on time.

Warlock/Martin isn't entirely sure about this "team" idea that's being tossed around and will vehemently argue against making Rainbow Star the figure-head of such a thing. He is not gonna let himself be relegated to "sidekick"!. :P But yeah, I figure he's more likely to reject any request to form a more permanent super-team right off the bat. He'd need to get to know the other PCs and/or their players more, first, before moving past the "Friend Request Accepted" phase. :D

I'm guessing that Martin probably has some kind of "Sending" spell he can use via Hedge Magic to get in contact with the Order about things like this? Like an arcane hotline? Or is there some other notification process for Martin to reach out to the Order about magical villains that the Order needs to work with the PCPD?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You could probably arcane trick something like that.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Reading Warlock's comment about the name being 'uninspired' prompts me to suggest something as well. How about; "The Inspirationals"? :thinking:

He makes some good in-character points though, of course. You've all only just met. I'll give people a moment longer before I continue along, named or otherwise.
------------