[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by jmucchiello »

Self-care first.
Miracle

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by Miracle »

I feel I should be participating more? Seven is loud, but I feel like it would be interrupting a conversation to speak now. She's in the background. Soaking in the knowledge, I guess.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Don't forget that play by post is an inherently asynchronous medium, so rather than try to have your character insert dialog, you can always just comment that your character is sprinkling in questions on a particular topic, whether asking directly, or nudging a team member.

I do find it mildly funny but the person whose main job was shooting people is the one who is leading the talking part of things, although admittedly she does have supernatural levels of persuasion.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Okay, I think we're back in business here. Also wrote around the that one complaint that was buggin' me.
Miracle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:49 pm I feel I should be participating more? Seven is loud, but I feel like it would be interrupting a conversation to speak now. She's in the background. Soaking in the knowledge, I guess.
Fuzzy's right. Post away if you have something to contribute. That goes for all of you. It's not a one person talking to two conversation. It's a four people talking to two conversation. I mean, Anne hasn't said anything and that's perfectly fine. Don't feel obligated to have your character speak up if remaining silent is what they would do here.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne is theoretically concentrating on looking around (for Eidetic Memory) and mind reading.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

The 48+ hours nudge. Hi.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I was the last to post and am waiting on a response. After that response, I plan to ask to see the girl's bedroom.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Yep, I'm aware. Is anyone else waiting for that? I can supply it in 3-4 hours most likely.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sorry. Busy weekend leading to a busy workweek, including me trying to launch another newbie game. :-D

And yes, Princess Fedora is talking out of her posterior to a fair degree, since she just started working for NPC Investigations, but she figures that being reassuring is more important than speaking 100% frankly.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Once we get access to the bedroom I'll have Cecil investigate the scene there. Sorry for not really adding much before then but I think the questioning of the parents was well-handled and didn't know what else to tack on. I'll make a note next time if I'm just "good to move on."
Current Setting Projects:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:10 am Anne is theoretically concentrating on looking around (for Eidetic Memory) and mind reading.
About this. That is Manuel. His surface thoughts aren't making sense. They're disjointed out of sheer terror. So much so that Anne needs to make a DC 14 Will save to avoid being affected herself. You do get a HP for the Complication, though, so there's that.

On that subject. The reason I didn't have Cecil roll KN pop culture is that he suffered a Complication, too. Related to "how would he know, none of these guys were born when he was frozen". So he's working with 2 HP instead of the default 1. Sorry about not mentioned it, it fell into the executive dysfunction hole. Terrible place to be.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Will DC 14: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
Not going to HP it so how should I react IC.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:50 pm Will DC 14: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
Not going to HP it so how should I react IC.
Failing by 1 is Shaken. So Anne doesn't need to run away or anything. It's not, like, a dramatic level of fear. Those would be the higher stages Frightened and Panicked. You haven't given a lot away about her personality, as your IC posts are very short and to the point. (That's a description, not a criticism.) So I can't really say a lot more than that.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:30 am
jmucchiello wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:10 am Anne is theoretically concentrating on looking around (for Eidetic Memory) and mind reading.
On that subject. The reason I didn't have Cecil roll KN pop culture is that he suffered a Complication, too. Related to "how would he know, none of these guys were born when he was frozen". So he's working with 2 HP instead of the default 1. Sorry about not mentioned it, it fell into the executive dysfunction hole. Terrible place to be.
No worries and so noted re: the HP. Thanks!

I believe it makes sense to do a Search roll (and an Investigate later depending what we find). Assuming nothing prevents me from following Camila de Santos to Nora's room, I will do so. Is this something I could Take 10, or even 20, on? I assume it's not gonna be a huge room so we don't need too much time to go over the room?
Current Setting Projects:
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm leaving it up to the others to determine whom Anne actually speaks to. They should have a decent chance of observing that Anne is herself a bit shaken.