[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EternalPhoenix

Re: [2e Recruitment] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:38 am
EternalPhoenix wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:05 am As for you, I'm still waiting to hear about that extra PP in your build being gone.
Probably the ambidexterity. I'm also hoping there will be a third player at least.
So do I. That's why I'm replying slower than I could be. To keep dragging the thread back up to the top in case people have forgotten it.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
The Phoenixverse 3E Conversions
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:05 am Yeah, I kinda noticed and kinda didn't. But it's fine regardless. Did you want to make any more changes, or are you ready for final approval?
I removed All-Out-Attack, Computers, and Medicine, and added a Knowledge and Profession at 3 ranks each.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've removed Ambidexterity and added 2 sp to Bluff since she's spending 7 pp on skills and only was using 26 sp.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Hey all - with my workplace going on holiday break now, I've had a chance to sit down and do a first draft. I've PM'd EternalPhoenix for some consultation but I do hope to be able to take part now! (even when work is back on, I'm not worried about keeping up with the game. Finding the time to sit down and build a character for the first time in years was the real difficulty).
Current Setting Projects:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Commander Titan wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:04 am Hey all - with my workplace going on holiday break now, I've had a chance to sit down and do a first draft. I've PM'd EternalPhoenix for some consultation but I do hope to be able to take part now! (even when work is back on, I'm not worried about keeping up with the game. Finding the time to sit down and build a character for the first time in years was the real difficulty).
Glad to have you!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Oh hi. I plan to work on something if you'll have me.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Miracle wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:38 am Image

Oh hi. I plan to work on something if you'll have me.
There remains room, yes. 😁
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So, I finally dug out my 2e books again, and I do have an idea...

BUT: This week is a total disaster schedule-wise. I'm off all NEXT week for holiday shutdown, with time to work on things. If that is too long to wait, let me know.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I assume, with no deadline as of this post, the game will start some time in January?
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Miracle wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:55 pm I assume, with no deadline as of this post, the game will start some time in January?
Before more people poked heir heads in, I was thinking about January 1st/2nd or bust. But that was just thinking, and now there's more people who have to put a concept and build together with Christmas less than a week away and New Year's the week after that. It's a busy time for everyone, myself included. So let's not rush. January somewhere, yes. Probably in the first third or so.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:15 pm
EternalPhoenix wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:05 am Yeah, I kinda noticed and kinda didn't. But it's fine regardless. Did you want to make any more changes, or are you ready for final approval?
I removed All-Out-Attack, Computers, and Medicine, and added a Knowledge and Profession at 3 ranks each.
Are you satisfied for now? Changes can always be made later.
jmucchiello wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:15 am I've removed Ambidexterity and added 2 sp to Bluff since she's spending 7 pp on skills and only was using 26 sp.
Neat. Treat this like 3E and throw on at least a pair of Complications, and you'll be all set. As long as you're satisfied with the build, that is.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I didn't do complications? Oh.

How does this one sound?

Channeling Someone Else: Occasionally, when Blank is pretending to be someone, usually someone non-specific, like a guard or a random passerby, a severe personality trait (maudlin, outgoing, flirty, etc.) will assert itself and Blank will have a hard time shaking that trait off even after they have morphed into someone else. (Probably requires a DC 15 Will save to suppress for a few rounds, DC 20 to remove completely)
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:51 am I didn't do complications? Oh.

How does this one sound?

Channeling Someone Else: Occasionally, when Blank is pretending to be someone, usually someone non-specific, like a guard or a random passerby, a severe personality trait (maudlin, outgoing, flirty, etc.) will assert itself and Blank will have a hard time shaking that trait off even after they have morphed into someone else. (Probably requires a DC 15 Will save to suppress for a few rounds, DC 20 to remove completely)
Can you elaborate on how that can, well, complicate their life? Right now it's just handing me permission to change how you're RP'ing and ehhhhhh.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

That's why I asked. If you weren't into it, it doesn't happen. But GMs might enjoy having a sneaky character suddenly becoming extremely bold or aggressive. I'll think of other things.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I did not notice this was less a superhero game and more an investigation game with superpowers. But I'm still interested! Here's a few ideas

Seven ("yes, that's my name on legal documents") Singh is lucky person. It wasn't apparent at first. Most would call her blessed. But then it got really really uncanny during high school. the more she put herself out there, the more she came out on top. Calculated risks turned into throwing abandon to the wind. Even people around her got a bit of her grace. The wake up call came when she graduated and had no prospects in life than "thrill seeker". She chose the associate lifestyle seemingly on a whim. That's why she's here. To not starve and pay bills. Money left over is for the fun stuff.

- Luck Control. Probability Control.
- I will work more on the backstory as it seems a little too "perfect"

Black Dahlia is someone you've never heard of. In fact, if you have, it'll be the last name you ever hear. Striking fear into the hearts of the underworld one dry body at a time. Larissa Evans has dedicated her life, somewhat sternly so, to law enforcement. She couldn't join the police due to a blood disorder. Though she was born a daywalker for a reason. She uses those 'gifts' to fight crime and the job to keep on top of things.

- probably going to rework Instant Superheroes' Dark Avenger
- Vampires in your world not a thing? Easy enough to change.

Max Masters is a puzzle solver. While nothing is infinite, the girl's brain has sucked up so much knowledge that she has to spill it out somehow. Why hasn't she used her intellect to strap on some gadgets and a spandex costume? She's rather not be in the front line. that's why she lends her services as a contact or if push comes to shove, an arms dealer.

- Mild mannered Max Masters makes machines merely momentary.
- Do not know if this will be a gadgeteer or an Inventor. Do know Enhanced Intelligence, Quickness, and skills