[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Commander Titan

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Recruitment still open during Prologue, 1 slot available)

Post by Commander Titan »

Miracle wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:03 pm I apologize for my tardiness. I've been in the hospital since Monday morning. Posting as soon as I get the time, just an update.
My sympathies and no worries!

Once we get to the neighborhood, I'll make a Notice check (that seems the most relevant skill for scoping the area), but I'll hold off in case anyone else has anything else they want to do before we depart & arrive.
Current Setting Projects:
FuzzyBoots

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Recruitment still open during Prologue, 1 slot available)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

On the off chance there's any confusion, "Santos" in all of its variations is the second most common Brazilian surname, so it's not that odd that it's in both the client's name and in Princess Fedora's Christian name. Although, with a little bit more research, I think I erred a bit in my character's naming scheme.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Yeah, I didn't do that on purpose. Nora and Fedora aren't related at all. My brain just doesn't like to tell me things, sometimes. :| :| :|
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
The Phoenixverse 3E Conversions
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Update: Surgery happened. Cultures were taken. Waiting on results.

This has been the wildest ride. I'm up and not in pain, so i'm gonna try to catch up.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

I was going to move it along tonight, but since you're around I'll wait for you to catch up. Best of luck with your health.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

All right, if there's no objections I'll move it forward tomorrow before my work nap.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Nothing in the paperwork that would tell us what they might have put down as a retainer?
EternalPhoenix

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:22 pm Nothing in the paperwork that would tell us what they might have put down as a retainer?
Would you believe that I didn't consider anyone would think about that? :sweat_smile:

Had to think for a second. NPC charges on a sliding scale based on what the client can afford. This doesn't affect your pay in the slightest. Edwin Christian, one of the partners, is a multimillionaire. And they do have wealthier or corporate clients from time to time. The type that doesn't care very much about cost as long as things stay off the nightly news. In real life this would probably be exceedingly difficult to maintain, but we're running partly on superhero tropes here so we'll just gloss over that.

So...what the de Santos family is paying is less than what you four are being paid. Substantially so. And that would be in the paperwork along with something like the agency is covering the rest. Not pro bono, but not draining the poor family's meagre savings, either.
Commander Titan

Cecil is going to look around at the apartment block - see if anything immediately jumps out as out-of-place. I'm doing this briefly before we go inside, not pulling the whole magnifying glass out, so-to-speak, so I think that would be Notice, but if Investigation is still more appropriate, I can roll that instead.

Notice: 1d20+13 = [2]+13 = 15
-If Seven's Probability Control applies to Skills (I'm hazy on that power), then: [8]+13=21
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Commander Titan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:54 am Cecil is going to look around at the apartment block - see if anything immediately jumps out as out-of-place. I'm doing this briefly before we go inside, not pulling the whole magnifying glass out, so-to-speak, so I think that would be Notice, but if Investigation is still more appropriate, I can roll that instead.

Notice: 1d20+13 = [2]+13 = 15
-If Seven's Probability Control applies to Skills (I'm hazy on that power), then: [8]+13=21
It does apply, so you've rolled a 21. Your eyes tell you everything is normal. Your ears tell you everything is normal. Even your nose and sense of touch tells you everything is normal and not out of the ordinary. I don't think you're licking anything, so let's skip taste. But everyone has mental senses, even if (like yours) they don't extend outside of their own skull. Yours are definitely feeling something they weren't in Manhattan or on the ride over, but you can neither identify nor understand the sensation.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:45 pm Had to think for a second. NPC charges on a sliding scale based on what the client can afford.
And this is well advertised? Otherwise how would even a middle income family even think "Hey, we can call NPC and not go broke."? Most people who see a Manhattan detective agency and think, "I can't afford them."
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:18 am
EternalPhoenix wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:45 pm Had to think for a second. NPC charges on a sliding scale based on what the client can afford.
And this is well advertised? Otherwise how would even a middle income family even think "Hey, we can call NPC and not go broke."? Most people who see a Manhattan detective agency and think, "I can't afford them."
Yeah, it is. The agency's 8th anniversary is this year. They're about as well known in the city as most Icons. They're more or less superheroes with a phone number, despite not trying to be that. Heroes for hire, if you will. They're not, like, doing TV ads or anything, but some local news reports, word of mouth, and social media management can work wonders.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I was considering having Princess Fedora take the lead, as a result of a combination of personality, and the possibility of some degree of shared background given the gisantos name, but to be honest, my household is down with the stomach flu. I'm basically running in between taking care of my toddler, the only one not sick, and to the bathroom to purge various fluids. I should be better in within about a day or so.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

There's no rush on my end. Real life takes precedence. 👍
Commander Titan

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:12 pm I was considering having Princess Fedora take the lead, as a result of a combination of personality, and the possibility of some degree of shared background given the gisantos name, but to be honest, my household is down with the stomach flu. I'm basically running in between taking care of my toddler, the only one not sick, and to the bathroom to purge various fluids. I should be better in within about a day or so.
Hope all is well soon!

Makes sense to me to have PF take the lead. Cecil can hang back, and if we get permission, physically examine the house / the missing girl's room for any clues,.