[IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Insert Coin To Continue

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Insert Coin To Continue

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hellcat
HP: 3; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Almost before a normal person would have noticed she was gone, the young woman was back, stopping next to the lead police officer. "Those getaway cars are a few blocks over, at (street number/landmark). Drivers are masked and waiting. Might want to have somebody pick 'em up when we go in." Then she raised one finger in a "wait" gesture and vanished, returning a bare second later with a small bag that rattled heavily. "Right side lugnuts from the tires. They won't get far..."

A moment later she joined the rest of the group as they got ready to portal in. "Should I focus on goon sweep, or hostage evac?" As a "rookie hero", she wasn't used to coordinating with other superhumans- so it seemed like a good idea to ask for advice...

>OOC: ought to have time for another application of Quickness- something subtle enough that it won't be noticed until the cars try to move.
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: [IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Press Any Button to Start

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RAINBOW STAR
[HP:1] Cond: Normal

RS looks to Hellcat. "Evac sounds great! I'll cover you with my barrier!"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
CND: 0, HP: 2 JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: teleportation Disks
Projection System: Hard light Constructs.
Scanner Suite: Visual gain penetrating, extended

"Well, we have weak spots in Portal shielding." Operative nods to Exemplar. "We have someone who can make a portal in." She nods to Warlock. "We have hostage evac." She nods to Hellcat. "And cover." she says to Rainbow Star. "The rest of us should take down bank robbers, non-lethaly if possible. With collateral damage at a minimum" she nods in deference to the police detective.

"Does that sound about right?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"You guys seem to have everything pretty well covered." The Officer states after some time observing, "Just give us the heads up, and we can get this ball in motion."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
Projection System: Hard light Constructs.

"Warlock, can you open a portal, please? I can bring one person through my transport portals with me but a portal would be faster. I can create an illusion of the exact weak points in their teleport shields, courtesy of Exemplar."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Warlock
HP: 2; Cond: Normal

"Err, about that," Warlock said, awkwardly. He hesitated for a moment, reluctant to admit to this, before finally explaining. "I have roughly the same problem with my own typical teleportation-spell. I can generally take someone about roughly my size and weight with me, but I will need a few moments and to adjust for a mass-transport portal spell." Then, an idea occurred to him. In the wake of battling Absinthe and dealing with the Muspelheim incurions, Martin Spellman had been improving his Hedge Magics and their ability to buff and modify his usual load-out of spells. He'd been getting better at using them to eke out more versatility from his kit, and had an idea for how he could do the same to his portal spell... within some major limitations on distance. "How far away is the end-point supposed to be? I have a quick-hack for short-range portals that can be used for mass-transport if the destination is within roughly 40 yards of the start-point. 300 yards if I push it, but would be plagued by hallucinations of twisted space that would make defending myself difficult while holding the portal open. A longer-range portal spell would take more effort to calibrate on the fly."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

[The Operative can be teleporting people in, just to keep momentum?]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Yes let's do that for now.

The assembled heroes gather up as they can, and with a slip through faux-dimensional space find themselves slipped behind enemy lines. "-omone go get Charlie! I'm tired of just waiting on my ass waiting for capes. We should've been out of here three minutes ago."

One of the masked criminals, a woman it sounded like, was shouting to others. The ones inside were sharing looks, none of them making a move to actually do what was demanded. Grabbing a cermaic cup off a teller's desk, she threw it into the crowd showing them with shards and pens. "Do I seriously have to do everything myself around here?"

"Uh, we-we have our orders. We need to wait and-" One of them started up.

Shouting back, "Waiting's going to get us caught!"

GM:They've not noticed you yet, and I won't ask you to roll stealth until you do something else. That being said, what would people like to do?
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points: 3; Condition: Fatigued

*Give me a moment and I will try to read their minds,* Exemplar sends telepathically to the others.

And she tries to do that very thing...
OOC wrote: Exemplar attempts to read the mind of the woman: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11

Spending a Luck point to try again...

Exemplar attempts to read the mind of the woman, take 2: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21

They resist with a Will check vs DC21. DC20 Perception check for them to notice it.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
Projection System: Ghost Protocol

The Operative couldn't have phased into the bank, but now that she's inside she'll activate her cloak and gravity belt to float up near the ceiling. She'll silently make her way to the room with the hostages.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RAINBOW STAR
[HP:1] Cond: Normal

RS looked to the others as they appeared inside, ready to launch into the plan. As soon as the others started making their moves, she was ready to throw up her barrier to protect the hostages.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hellcat
HP: 3; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Hellcat crouched behind the teller's partition with the rest of her team. She itched to be in motion, to be doing something- or at least to take a look at the situation- but any attempt might expose them and kick off the whole action. Rookie hero didn't mean dumb, and her impulsive nature could be curbed- for a while anyway...

It sounded like these robbers were expecting supers- was this some kind of bait and switch? A trap?

She settled for clenching and unclenching her fingers a few times, mimicing the motion of a cat extending and retracting its claws...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exemplar was focused on the one criminal who seemed to be losing her patience, attempting to weasel into the recesses of her mind. Yet somehow, it seemed that their emotions were acting as an effective barrier against unwanted entry. The very most Exemplar could detect was her growing impatience.

"If Smalls isn't out here in one minute, I'm going to lose it." She declared, met then by an uneasy silence.

GM: Well, that's about the only way she could've made that check.

Will: 23
Perception: 16
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points (Base 4): 3; Condition: Fatigued

*The woman's mind is too fogged by emotion for me to get an effective read on her,* Exemplar sends to the others. *But given her words, I suggest we don't wait for me to try again. Are we ready to go?*
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'm still ready," Octogirl says.