[IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Insert Coin To Continue

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenmadragon

Re: [IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Insert Coin To Continue

Post by kenmadragon »

Warlock
HP: 2; Cond: Normal

"Alright then. Anyone else who's coming along, grab my hand." Warlock said, focusing his eldritch energies on dimensionality. His personal teleportation spell didn't have room for a sustained portal -- it was more about redefining one's position in the world and taking along a little bit of extra mass with him. Ripping open a portal that could tunnel through space-time and then holding it open was something that Martin just didn't use very often. But there was a Buff-spell he could use that would modify his existing spell-parameters to allow him to take more mass with him... and nothing about his teleportation spell said he couldn't take passengers along with him, just so long as they didn't take up more mass than his spells would permit.

Weaving the signs of dead gods through the air, trailing flows of twisted space in the wake of his motions, Martin whispered for insight from forgotten entities who whispered from beyond the skeins of reality. With a jolt, the surge of torsion in his mind threatened to overwhelm him as the spell took hold, and the dream of an ancient soul hung over his shoulders to mutter in his ear the nature of space and time. The manipulations necessary to alter his spell parameters took hold, weaving the arcane energies that now flicked from his finger tips before releasing like sparks to enhance his carry-capacity when walking between the skeins of reality. A crystalline glimmer rippled through the air before the Warlock as the sorcerer ripped open a small tear in space-time, creating a shortcut to cross a distance quicker than a straight-line.

Warlock staggered slightly as the portal stabilized, a shimmering in the air where the distortion of space appeared as he felt himself begin to be dragged into the rift so that it could send him across and stabilize itself behind him. "Okay, let's go!" he said, holding out his hand for the last stragglers, drawing them into his gravity and through the wormhole alongside him, right into the bank
OOC wrote:EDIT: Allocating Hedge Magic points to Enhanced Teleport 0 [extras: Accurate (2 ranks); feats: Enhanced Mass +3 (5 ranks total) as a Move Action and setting Sorcery Array to Mandrake's Marvelous Escape. Standard Action to activate the Teleport and get into position inside the bank where Operative and/or Exemplar had pointed out Warlock and company to arrive. Will be taking along anyone else who isn't already teleporting in with the others.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Floors yours, whoever wishes to take the first step. I'll need iniative rolls once you guys do as well.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:44 pm GM: Floors yours, whoever wishes to take the first step. I'll need iniative rolls once you guys do as well.
(what do we see? can't do anything until we know where we are, what's around us, etc.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: There are six armed gunsman, two of them are closer to where you're hiding, two are watching he 20ish civilians, and the other two are watching the windows and door.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hellcat
HP: (now 2); LP: 1; Condition: normal

As soon as the portal opened and the way was clear, Hellcat began to move, intent upon her assigned task. At first, though, she seemed to be moving in slow motion... She stopped almost immediately, stepping backwards towards her starting point and then bursting into motion- this time nearly too fast to see, running along the walls and ceiling at not-quite supersonic speed (breaking the sound barrier inside a building was generally frowned upon, for reasons).

>OOC: Initiative 1d20+12= 14, roll https://orokos.com/roll/978585
-Nah, not gonna take that, HP to reroll 1d20+12= 21 (actually 31 because reroll), roll https://orokos.com/roll/978586

-Intended action is hostage evac, using quickness. If for some reason she doesn't have enough to accomplish this in one round of actions (2 hours), she will extra effort for another action. If she completes the evac through the portal, she will send the rest of the available time doing a sweep of the area- while she can't disarm any items that the robbers have in hand, she will remove any weapons, equipment, etc. which is not actively being grasped. Also, if the evac is completed let me know, she has a quip to deliver.

>OOC 3 (Array)
Spoiler
(31/31pp)
-Impractical Physics: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in plain sight); (1pp)
-Fight like Hell: Enhanced STR +1 (3), Enhanced Advantage 2 (Takedown x2); (4pp)
-Run, Run Away: Enhanced Speed +6 (7, to 8 with Athletics DC 15 autosuccess; 1 mile per move, 500mph); Enhanced Dodge +4; Movement 2 (Wallcrawling 2, limited- while running Speed 3+); (12pp)
-Gotta Catch 'Em All: Senses 4 (Rapid 2 for vision, touch); Enhanced Advantage 1 (Fast grab); Enhanced Quickness +9 (10 total; 2 hours/round, 30 minutes in 1 second/free action); (14pp)
-(1+4+12+14= 31pp)
x
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Wed May 24, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: [IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Press Any Button to Start

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RAINBOW STAR
[HP:1] Cond: Normal

As Hellcat blurs off to her task in getting the hostages out, RS throws up a force field to cut off the hostages from the gunmen and cover Hellcat, putting herself on the safe side of the barrier as well so she can put her all into it.
Initiative: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Rainbow Protection Array fully set to Rainbow Barrier. I don't know how big I need to make it for this task, so relying on you Doc Mal. Any ranks she doesn't need for size of course go into Toughness of the force field.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
CND: 0, HP: 2 JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: teleportation Disks
Projection System: Hard light Constructs.
Scanner Suite: Visual gain penetrating, extended

Will try to encapsulate the two by the portal so they can't interfere with the escape.
DC20 Dodge or they are caught within the shell
Last edited by Vivid on Wed May 17, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points (Base 4): 3; Condition: Fatigued

Without moving from cover, Exemplar reaches out with her mind towards the criminals minds that she can sense, starting with the woman whose mind she failed to read, attempting to induce mental shutdown on as many of them as possible, one after the other...
OOC wrote:
  • Takedown - 1
  • Affliction - 7, Perception Ranged, Cumulative, Subtle - 1 [Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated] [Mental Shutdown; only noticeable with Mental Awareness]
So assuming they count as Minions, she can hopefully keep going until one of them fails to resist...
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Warlock
HP: 2; Cond: Normal

Upon arriving inside the bank with the last stragglers, Warlock took stock of the gunmen and the civilian-hostages. Realizing that "subtle" wasn't quite something he was good at, Martin waited for the others to go first before making his move. At least, that was what he would tell them if they asked why he was lagging behind, certainly not because his teleportation spell was sometimes a headache to deal with when breaching anti-teleporter wards. On the upside, the Chains of Chen Go Rath would suffice to tie up some of these miscreants!
Warlock Initiative: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6 No way I'm going first. :roll:

Gonna swap Hedge Magic for Mystic Levitation and Mandrake's Marvelous Escape for Chains of Chen Go Rath. If any of the gunmen are still a threat after the others are through with 'em, will use the Affliction on them to tie 'em up. Assuming these are minions, I'll just treat it as a routine check for 17 to hit.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Octogirl flies into the middle of the crooks and unleashes a punch or two.

punch tough DC 29 (crit 18-20): 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28 Crit DC 34 tough
takedown 1: punch tough DC 29 (crit 18-20): 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16 If applicable
takedown 2: punch tough DC 29 (crit 18-20): 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15 If applicable
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

In the time it took a man to blink all twenty three men woman and children had been quickly picked up and deposited safely behind the police barricade. One of the gunman startled backward and got half-way through a shout before a stesnge diziness overtook him, his vission clouding at the edges. As he fell to the floor, he could see the first two victims struggling to keep standing from their own mental attacks. The woman everyone had heard speaking had managed to keep herself standing, but a barrier of light kept her utterly contained and unable to interfere.

Another had just managed to get his gun up before the weapon was torn in half by glowing hands as he himself was sent reeling back from direct blow to his solar plexus. Another man and woman tried to get out of the way but where caught up by arcane bindings, left in vulnerable position that were quickly capitalized upon.

All is left quiet save for the woman who was pounding on her cage, but even that died away as the overwheling sense of vertigo became too much and she slipped into unconsciousness.

GM: Yeah, these guys aren't all that tough honestly. With a surprise round encounter like this they didn't stand a chance.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu May 18, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
CND: 0, HP: 2 JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: teleportation Disks
Projection System: Hard light Constructs.
Scanner Suite: Visual gain penetrating, extended

The Operative double checks if all the people they saw approaching on the video from earlier are accounted for.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Operative notes that there are four criminals still unaccounted for, one of them likely being whoever 'Smalls' was. There was a good chance they were still busy with the main vault.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative will convey the existence of four more, probably in the vault. She makes sure to get captures of faces and whatever voices she could from the the remarkably short fight. They didn't have much time to plan but she'll ask around what approach the others want to take.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points (Base 4): 3; Condition: Fatigued

*Hmm...* sends Exemplar over the mental link. *The vault is not somewhere that can be teleported into. Perhaps a stealthy approach until we can get close enough to deal with them? I would suggest abandoning the element of subtlety entirely, but then I feel that would raise the chances of property damage - at least - which we should probably avoid if we can...*