Avatar Legends: Ash & Steel [OOC thread]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Avatar Legends: Ash & Steel [OOC thread]

Post by Vivid »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:29 pm I'm fine with that if you're fine with that, but I wanted it to be an informed choice. If you actually roll the training move, you only shift once since you're not paying the cost of automatically succeeding, giving you a little more wiggle room.

If you lose your balance, you temporarily lose player agency as part of the fallout of losing your balance. It's just for the scene, but again, just want you to be aware of potential consequences. Avatar Legends is an open book game. There's no trying to "gotcha!" each other. Everything is an open conversation.
Acknowledged. I'm fine with that.
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:02 pm Zumu Yin would absolutely teach Minnow, shifting her towards community.
Yay!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:01 am If her principle is Survival, Yin is trying to convince her that she's tied to the Earth Nation now. Not just the government, but to the Nation itself and the welfare of the people. She'll try to determine what Onomu hopes to get out of her deal with Feng Long.
Sounds like you might be trying to 'Call her out', which is a balance move, playing on her sense of Survival, the question is are you trying to maneuver her into something? What is the result you are looking for in the exchange? Just trying to figure out if she wants to try and not turn over the war plans for some reason once she's at Ba Sing Se?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

NPCs only have one Principle, right? The general seems to think Asylum in Ba Sing Se is her only route to safety. Yin is trying to convince her of 2 things:
1) It's important to Onomu now that the Earth Nation thrive, land, people AND government and
2) That she, Onomu, does not HAVE to be in the capital city to be safe.

Yin will share the story of her own father, a military officer that left the service to help lead a coastal village. Under his guidance it grew and thrived and he lead a rich and fulfilled life. There was conflict, as there are in all things these days, even decades ago (I don't how long the war's been going).

So, Yin is not trying to get her to do anything but consider alternate paths for her future. It might not be a Move, just a roleplaying interaction.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Yeah, if you have no immediate goal in mind, it's not a move. :) But you certainly can chat with her. Onomu isn't very talkative, but won't stop Zumu from talking. Zumu did earn at least that much respect. :)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

How did Onomu react to waterbending?

Is the Li & Minnow shenanigans going to be a scene or just a narrative thing?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We might need rolls or so.e such for that, up to Rai bow I suppose
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

No, you guys don't need any roles. Feel free to make a post outlining it or having a brief scene of it.

I'll do a post to cover Onomu during these travel days, just wanted to get the highlights you guys would like to cover for the first leg.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid: You guys were not able to bring the mounts. The terrain was too rugged for them.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Ah I thought we could come up with the scene, as well as the timing. I meant this to take place before we left the mounts. I'll delete the post.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I guess I'm stuck without better parameters that we're allowed to create this scene within.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Also, as a note, my family's out of town next weekend for Memorial day. (Also, this is my 1000th post, board-wide)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Woo on 1000 posts!

To lay out the timeline better, you guys left Tuyadi and had the mounts for about a day before the path forward was too rough to take them. You then traveled on foot over this rough terrain for three days before reaching West Heiatu which is where you are now.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

So we can't do a scene for Li before reaching the town?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:29 am So we can't do a scene for Li before reaching the town?
You can, just not with the ostrich horses. I can roll back the other post to just before you guys are arriving in West Heitu
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yeah, the flashing forward is kinda throwing me off too when it comes to scenes and role-playing. Moving a bit too too quick I think, even though it's good to keep things moving
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."