GI Joe Strike Force Alpha OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EternalPhoenix

Re: GI Joe Strike Force Alpha OOC thread

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Shock wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:51 pm And you have to do this before every mission? So Esme could qualify for the Sniper Rifle this mission but next time she gets denied?

That's bizarre.
This is how I feel about it, with the bonus of you're the one who put it on the sheet like that, catsi. If I had the books I'd have put together something a little more practical.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:34 am
Shock wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:51 pm And you have to do this before every mission? So Esme could qualify for the Sniper Rifle this mission but next time she gets denied?

That's bizarre.
This is how I feel about it, with the bonus of you're the one who put it on the sheet like that, catsi. If I had the books I'd have put together something a little more practical.
to be fair i was still learning the requisition system at the time i put it together

thats said though the weapon is still not out of the question as where you want to get to as the game explicity says its possible to built something between sessions so in the rifles case Esme could work with toymaker as an example to build it and if hes successful and she can make the target checks needed She could end up with that rifle as a piece of STANDARD gear she gets each time out
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

That's bizarre.
thats part of why everyone gets so many requisition requests at that stage 3 per teammember so 18 in total for this group so theres a decent shot of getting the good stuff

but yeah it can be a bit wonky :oops:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

catsi563 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:41 am

That's bizarre.
thats part of why everyone gets so many requisition requests at that stage 3 per teammember so 18 in total for this group so theres a decent shot of getting the good stuff

Yeah, not blaming you. We're all learning together.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Shock wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:50 am Yeah, not blaming you. We're all learning together.
Seconded.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

So then. The Socom Pistol is one hand. Knife is a second.

Remington M40A9X Sniper Rifle (Targeting D8, D12 if more than 30 feet away, Req Alertness D6)
Range: 375/1200Ft (Min 30ft), 1 sharp damage, Alt: 2 sharp damage -1 down, 3 Sharp damage -3 down)
Hands: 2
Traits: Ballistic, Reload, Sniper, scoped

Taking off Mounted, as that's apparently the upgrade from before? Do you have a list of free limited upgrades? Deadly for more damage sounds nice, but I'd like to know all of my options. Without sailing the high seas, as that's not a thing we should be doing.

Moving on, Esme's qualified in SMGs. Do the Joes have any standard options there? I have two hands to spend, as grenades aren't her style, sniping can take some set up, and pistols simply don't do enough damage.

Armor is Tactical Armor Light armor (+1 toughness). I'll have to reread, but I don't think any upgrades are allowed at this time, which is fine.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:44 am So then. The Socom Pistol is one hand. Knife is a second.

Remington M40A9X Sniper Rifle (Targeting D8, D12 if more than 30 feet away, Req Alertness D6)
Range: 375/1200Ft (Min 30ft), 1 sharp damage, Alt: 2 sharp damage -1 down, 3 Sharp damage -3 down)
Traits: Ballistic, Reload, Sniper, scoped

Taking off Mounted, as that's apparently the upgrade from before? Do you have a list of free limited upgrades? Deadly for more damage sounds nice, but I'd like to know all of my options. Without sailing the high seas, as that's not a thing we should be doing.
Ok so for esme id go one of two routes in this encounter either deadly or Piercing both are limited upgrades that could be useful in this scenario either would work nicely

also ill try to put together a list of the upgrades for you guys and put it on the front page of the OOC sometime soon for those who dont have the book to use
Moving on, Esme's qualified in SMGs. Do the Joes have any standard options there? I have two hands to spend, as grenades aren't her style, sniping can take some set up, and pistols simply don't do enough damage.

yes they do normally SMGs are restricted but what the heck try this on for size

Joe HK-MP 5A (Targeting ) Req brawn 1D2
Range: 20/80 ft 1 sharp damage; alt 2 sharp damage [1down], 1 sharp damage [1 down] 3 targets 15ft cone)
Hands 1
Traits: Ballistic, Reload

Esme did crit so i think it not out of the question to be able to use the crit to go up a level
Armor is Tactical Armor Light armor (+1 toughness). I'll have to reread, but I don't think any upgrades are allowed at this time, which is fine
Actually Esme can have A Limited upgrade thanks to Jakes task in the armory earlier

id recommend the silent upgrade which lets her use stealth in her armor with out a penalty

so would look like this

Tactical Armor Light armor (+1 toughness)
Trait: Silent

normally wearing armor without the silent trait would give you a penalty to stealth checks = to the total bonus so an armor wth +2 toughness and +2 evasion would be a -4 down to stealth checks without it

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:50 am
catsi563 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:41 am

That's bizarre.

Yeah, not blaming you. We're all learning together.
Seconded.
And your daring and much crazy GM appreciates it very much. I admit the system via PBP can be a bit tricky to work this out and i may have a think of whether to streamline it for the medium but for now lets play it by ear this is sorty of special case because the sceanario is set up to kind of slow roll you into this phase some of the next adventures coming up have FULL requisition phases well need to work out why i want to have gear allready on your sheets so we know what to work towards

so if you guys have a christmas list youd like let me know well work out what the character would need to roll in advance and then put it together

thanks again for joining me with this it been fun and i hope i can make sure you all have fun too

trust me the actions kicking in big time soon :)

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ok So everyone has at this point been fully equipped

all we need is a quick post to get you all together at Enviro control then everyone move down to either power or the jet hangar to begin the acion

Catsi stories
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Equipment:

Joe K1 Combat and utility knife (Finesse Blades D2 or Might D2)
Reach, Thrown 20/30 Ft 1 sharp damage
Hands: 1
Traits: Sharp, Silent, Martial Arts

Socom 45 Specops Pistol (Targeting D4, D8 if target more than 30 feet away)
Range: 25/80 Ft 1 Sharp Damage
Traits: Ballistic

HK-MP 5J SMG (Targeting D4, D8 if target more than 30 feet away) Req brawn 1D2
Range: 20/80 ft 1 sharp damage; alt 2 sharp damage [1down], 1 sharp damage [1 down] 3 targets 15ft cone)
Hands 1

Traits: Ballistic, Reload, Sniper, scoped, Deadly (+1 damage)

I think that's everything. However, one more question left. Silenced weapons are an upgrade, right? She's qualified, but I don't see anything that would hand it to her for free.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:57 pm
Equipment:

Joe K1 Combat and utility knife (Finesse Blades D2 or Might D2)
Reach, Thrown 20/30 Ft 1 sharp damage
Traits: Sharp, Silent, Martial Arts

Socom 45 Specops Pistol (Targeting D4, D8 if target more than 30 feet away)
Range: 25/80 Ft 1 Sharp Damage
Traits: Ballistic

HK-MP 5J SMG (Targeting D4, D8 if target more than 30 feet away) Req brawn 1D2
Hands 1

Traits: Ballistic, Reload, Sniper, scoped, Deadly (+1 damage)

I think that's everything. However, one more question left. Silenced weapons are an upgrade, right? She's qualified, but I don't see anything that would hand it to her for free.
Silenced weapons are an upgrade yes but to be specific and this came up over on the Renegade discord mind you. the Silencer upgrade is for side arm style weapons only which for me is handguns and SMGs its a standard upgrade for a ballistic sidearm without the silent trait

also though shes qualified in any weapon that has the silence trait so that includes blades and blunt weapons archery etc etc so if the weapon had an integrated suppressor shed be qualified to use it.

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

As a quick add on to the above

Silencer as a Standard upgrade id for Sidearm Ballistic weapons.

Absolute Silencer as a Limited Upgrade for Medium (or larger) two-handed Ballistic weapons.

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Also if Shock wants to Warsaw can make a Science tactics roll to sus the situation out a bit and get a bit of insight better the roll more info gained

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock you want to re roll that?

Its a wash like toymaker before the 1 on the 20 is a fumble and generates a story point

and the crit on the 4 functionally negates the fumble so a crit imo youd be using the story point to reroll

I was looking for a 5-10 minimum so the 5 is actually a success, minimal but a success 15-20 would give even more info

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Nah I'm sure there will be more important things we need to reroll.