Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Old Ones

Post by Jabroniville »

THE OLD ONES:
-Blah, blah, blah, beings of unspeakable evil who are said to have all died out. Hail from Palladium World but were thought extinguished years ago by a coalition of all the other races. They can blow up worlds and stuff. The Pantheons of the Megaverse book reveals that they are all alive, but dormant, kept down by the Indian Gods, among others. Xy, Symbol of Power Incarnate, was transformed into the Egyptian God, Thoth, as mentioned here as well.
Harnos

Re: Master Vampire

Post by Harnos »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:03 am Image

MASTER VAMPIRE
Role:
The Elite Vampire
PL 12 (274 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+12)
Deception 7 (+12)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+11)
Insight 6 (+11)
Intimidation 6 (+11)
Perception 6 (+11)
Persuasion 4 (+9)
Stealth 5 (+9)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Daze (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Startle, Teamwork, Power Attack

Powers:
"Undead Monster"
Immunity 35 (Fortitude Effects, Mind Control) [35]
Immunity 80 (All Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Non-Magical/Wood/Silver/Moving Water/Sunlight/Holy Water Attacks) [40]
Immunity 10 (Fire & Cold Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Protection 7 [7]
Regeneration 5 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [6]
Senses 9 (Low-Light Vision, Extended Scent 2, Tracking, Communication Link- Mind Slaves, Awareness of Maker & Masters, Infravision, Extended Vision 2) [9]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]

"Vampiric Powers"
"Summon Canines & Vermin" Mind Control 6 (Extras: Area- 120ft Burst +3) (Flaws: Touch Range -2, Limited to Canines, Bats, Insects & Rodents) (24) -- [28]
  • AE: "Vampire Pheromone-Induced Seduction Trance" Affliction 6 (Fort/Will; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed & Controlled) (Extras: Extra Condition, Perception-Ranged +2) (Flaws: Scent-Dependent) (18)
  • AE: "Vampire Mind Control" Mind Control 6 (Flaws: Vision-Dependent, Hearing-Dependent) (12)
  • AE: "Negate the Powers of Lesser Vampires" Affliction 8 (Will; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) (Flaws: Limited to Vampires, Limited to Weaker Vampires, Limited Numbers) (4)
  • AE: "Vampiric Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
"Slow Kill" Affliction 6 (Fort; Impaired & Entranced/Disabled & Controlled/Transformed to Vampire or Mind Slave & Controlled) (Extras: Extra Condition, Continuous +3) (Flaws: Source- Three Consective Nights of Blood-Drinking -2) [18]
"Summon Fog" Environment 6 (Reduce Vision) [6]

Morph 1 (Bat) (Feats: Metamorph) (6) -- [9]
  • AE: Morph 1 (Wolf) (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
  • AE: Morph 1 (Mist) (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
  • AE: Morph 1 (Attractive Human Form) (5)
"Psionics" (Alter Aura, Induce Sleep, Death Trance, Mind Block, Deaden Pain, Presence Sense, Empathy, Sense Evil, Hypnotic Suggestion; Will have pre-existing powers at half their former level as humans)
"Magic" (None, Unless Vampire was a Mage in human form; Magic is stuck at half its former level)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Claws & Teeth +12 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Summons & Mind Control +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Vampire Mind Control/Seduction -- (+6 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Negate Powers -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:
Power Loss (Slow Kill)- Beings with Mega-Damage bodies cannot be turned into Vampires, nor can animals or Mutant Animals, Crazies, Juicers, Shapechangers, Creatures of Magic (Faeries, Dragons, etc.), or 25% to Full Conversion Cyborgs. A Secondary Vampire only has a 42% chance of creating another Secondary Vampire- otherwise, a Wild Vampire is created.
Vulnerable (Vampire to Vampire Mind Control)- A Vampire controlled by another Vampire's Mind Control attack will be controlled for a whole hour per level of their experience.
Vulnerable (Sunlight)- Master Vampires are less vulnerable to sunlight than their spawn, but are at 25% of their power in the direct sun.
Vulnerable (Water)- Vampires cannot cross moving bodies of water, and even tiny sprinkles or spray of it do tremendous damage.
Noticeable- Vampires have no reflection.
Power Loss (Regeneration)- Vampiric Regeneration will not work if staked through the heart. They will immediately begin healing if the stake is removed, however.
Responsibility (Arrogant)- Vampires are prone to thinking far too highly of themselves, owing to their nature as nigh-invulnerable ageless beings.
Enemy (Many)- Cyber-Knights, Reid's Rangers, Anti-Monsters and other Vampire Hunters are the worst enemies of Vampires. The Splugorth, Demons, Devils and others are rivals and enemies, too.
Motivation (Creating More Vampires)- A Master Vampire's job is to create more Vampires- enough links to allow the Vampire Intelligence that created him to enter the world.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 165 + Psionics / Defenses: 8 (274 + Psionics)

-Master Vampires are the true "elites" of the Vampires who walk the Earth- they are chosen by the Vampire Intelligences to be the means by which they can interact with the Earth. Master Vampires are the only ones that always choose their fate- some even seek it out! Those people are evil beings who so desire power they'll sell out their own race to do it. They are so respected that other Vampires in their lineage instinctively do what they say (though some Secondary Vampires rebel), and a new Master may be created for every thousand Vampires in a lineage- with the original being a "Supreme Master". Even Vampire Hunters rarely encounter Master Vampires, who are literally one in a thousand, and tend to live only where thousands of Vampires congregate.

-A Master Vampire is a stronger, faster, smarter, more charismatic version of a Secondary Vampire, and is a fair bit pricier as a result. With six attacks, remarkable Supernatural Strength (doing +12 damage overall), great bonuses to strike & parry, and more, they are PL 12 beings (but only PL 9 on defense).
Baseline vampires have 6 str and master vampires have 10 str, wow. Count Dracula from Threat Report have 8 str. And this is in a world where people don't throw tanks around.
Jabroniville

Demons & Stuff

Post by Jabroniville »

THE DEMON HOARD OF HADES:
-A generic Hell ruled by evil Demons. Gargoyles hail from here. Hades intersects with both Rifts Earth & Palladium World. It's a planet 20 times bigger than Earth, mostly grey and barren. The following are a mix of R.C.C.s and individual Demons.
Jabroniville

Alu

Post by Jabroniville »

ALU R.C.C.: ST +6, STA +7, AGI +3, FIGHTING +5, AWA +1, PRE +2, Dodge +2, Growth 2, Claws +4, Regeneration 4, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Acute & Extended Scent- Tracking, Invisibility, Dimensional Travel 1- Hades [76]

-Alu are wolf-like Demons with great strength (+10-11 Damage with their claws) and solid durability (around 100 M.D.C./Toughness +9). They are "quiet loners" who stalk in silence and are often used as trackers by Demon Lords.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Aquatic

Post by Jabroniville »

AQUATIC R.C.C.: ST +7, STA +6, Stamina +1 (Underwater), FIGHTING +2, Fighting +7 (Underwater), AGI +2, INT -3, AWA -2, PRE -2, Ranged Attack 8 (+4 Out of Water), Dodge +6 (+3 Out of Water), Growth 2, Claws +2, Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic, Swimming 5, Regeneration 4, Regrows Limbs, Comprehend Languages 3, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Dimensional Travel 1- Hades, "Psionics" (All Sensitive Powers) [72 + Psionics]

-A fleshy, fish-demon, likely based on H.P. Lovecraft's work (like what the Sahuagin or whatever were based on). Four tentacles, huge maws, and notorious for capsizing boats. They are half to many stats when out of water, even losing half their durability! They are typical "Basic M.D.C. Monsters" but beware- TENTACLES! Meaning they have a ridiculous eight attacks, turning them into PC-slaying monstrosities. Expect them to be PL 12-13 melee fighters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Alu

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:31 am ALU R.C.C.: ST +6, STA +7, AGI +3, FIGHTING +5, AWA +1, PRE +2, Dodge +2, Growth 2, Claws +4, Regeneration 4, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Acute & Extended Scent- Tracking, Invisibility, Dimensional Travel 1- Hades [76]

-Alu are wolf-like Demons with great strength (+10-11 Damage with their claws) and solid durability (around 100 M.D.C./Toughness +9). They are "quiet loners" who stalk in silence and are often used as trackers by Demon Lords.
This sounded familiar, so I checked -- This is where the name comes from.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Re: Alu

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:59 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:31 am ALU R.C.C.: ST +6, STA +7, AGI +3, FIGHTING +5, AWA +1, PRE +2, Dodge +2, Growth 2, Claws +4, Regeneration 4, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Acute & Extended Scent- Tracking, Invisibility, Dimensional Travel 1- Hades [76]

This sounded familiar, so I checked -- This is where the name comes from.
Ah, that makes sense. Seems like they just invented their own thing.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Harnos wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:41 am Baseline vampires have 6 str and master vampires have 10 str, wow. Count Dracula from Threat Report have 8 str. And this is in a world where people don't throw tanks around.
It's tricky because Palladium has some weird lifting rules I don't pay attention to, so I typically just give them Strength close to their hitting power and call it a day :). But yeah, their Vampires are immensely powerful.
Jabroniville

Lasae

Post by Jabroniville »

LASAE R.C.C.
Role:
Demon Insect
PL 7 (88)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 8 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING -1 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+4)
Intimidation 10 (+2 Size)
Perception 6 (+4)
Stealth +0 (+11 Size)

Advantages:
Close Attack 6, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
Senses 6 (Darkvision, Vision Counters Concealment) [6]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 1 (2 mph) [1]
Concealment (Vision) 2 [4]
Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel 1- Hades) [2]
Regeneration 4 [4]
Comprehend (Languages) 3 [6]

"Claws" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Power Punch" Strength-Damage +6 (Inaccurate -1) [5]

"Fun Size" Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (6 inches) [25]
(-3 Strength, +6 Defenses, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Claws +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Power Pounch +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Torture)

Total: Abilities: 4 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 55 / Defenses: 6 (88)

-Tiny, eight-inch insectoid creatures, they are cruel monsters who LOVE torture. They try to gouge out eyes, tongues and genitals (... what kinda Critical Hit table is this guy USING?) during battle. They lack the Magic of other Demons, but have a weird bit- they do little more damage than basic S.D.C. weapons... unless they use a Power Punch, which costs two attacks but is shockingly 2D6 M.D.C., which is a jump from like +1 damage to +9 in M&M stats!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Ninjas & Superspies

Post by Jabroniville »

NINJAS & SUPERSPIES:
-So I think I missed the tiny half-page devoted to the odd side-book of Palladium's, allowing for generic spy-based games. People transfered from that Earth to here typically adapt "within a matter of weeks" and are mostly given a few Weapon Proficiencies.

* "Atemi Abilities", whatever those are, only work on people not in body armor. Paralysis, Withering Flesh & Healing Atemi do only half-damage to Mega-Damage creatures. Dim Mak will not kill them but instead reduce M.D.C. & bonuses by half.

* Body-Hardening Exercises give M.D.C. not S.D.C. Stone Ox gives 25 (+7 Toughness), Kangeiko & Shochu Geiko give similar but more variable (+5-7), Iron Hand/Kanshu gives a power punch doing +7 Damage but costs two attacks (-2 to hit?), Chi Gung is unchanged, Dam Sum Sing gives 10 M.D.C. (+6-7 Toughness), Wrist Hardening adds 4 M.D.C. (+1 to toughness?), and Kick Practice/Chagi gives a +9 damage strike that's -2 to hit.

* Chi Master & Special Katas are unchanged.

* Martial Arts Techniques are unchanged, but Tamashiwara has a +13 Damage attack that costs all attacks for that round (-4-6 to hit?).

* Zenjoriki is unchanged except Vibrating Palm damages M.D.C. in the same way it does S.D.C. but costs four times as many Chi points.
Davies

Re: Ninjas & Superspies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:40 am * "Atemi Abilities", whatever those are, only work on people not in body armor. Paralysis, Withering Flesh & Healing Atemi do only half-damage to Mega-Damage creatures. Dim Mak will not kill them but instead reduce M.D.C. & bonuses by half.
In this context, they're the ability to hit "vital points" -- your typical "poke someone between the eyes and knock them out" trick, as well as the classic "killing touch" (Dim Mak.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:07 am
Harnos wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:41 am Baseline vampires have 6 str and master vampires have 10 str, wow. Count Dracula from Threat Report have 8 str. And this is in a world where people don't throw tanks around.
It's tricky because Palladium has some weird lifting rules I don't pay attention to, so I typically just give them Strength close to their hitting power and call it a day :). But yeah, their Vampires are immensely powerful.
Aha, thanks for the clarification. I guess they need to be, since basic soldier is a PL 7 there.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Angels! Demons!)

Post by Ares »

It says something about how long its been since I read the conversion book, because I thought for some reason the Ninja and Superspies / Mystic China section was larger. I think I had it confused with one or more articles from The Rifter.

Either way, I remember being pretty underwhelmed with how the Ninjas and Superspies stuff translated over to Rifts. Spies that rely on gadgets are going to need to find better gear, but it's honestly not that hard to do so. The poor cyborgs are really screwed unless they can find a good cyber-doc to give their tech some massive upgrades.

As for the martial artists, they do have SOME options against MDC beings and the Body Hardening stuff gives them some MDC, but the vast majority of their martial arts techniques and chi stuff is pretty useless. And even the MDC related abilities don't really hit that hard or soak that much damage. They're still effective against normal, unarmored humans (I mean, being able to do Mega Damage to a normal human is usually a one-hit kill), but how often do you really fight those in a Rifts setting?

I was hoping we'd eventually get some Rifts stuff that would allow for some kick ass martial arts options, which was a big reason I was looking forward to their Rifts: China books. They were . . . not as useful as one would hope.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Ares wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:52 pm It says something about how long its been since I read the conversion book, because I thought for some reason the Ninja and Superspies / Mystic China section was larger. I think I had it confused with one or more articles from The Rifter.

Either way, I remember being pretty underwhelmed with how the Ninjas and Superspies stuff translated over to Rifts. Spies that rely on gadgets are going to need to find better gear, but it's honestly not that hard to do so. The poor cyborgs are really screwed unless they can find a good cyber-doc to give their tech some massive upgrades.

As for the martial artists, they do have SOME options against MDC beings and the Body Hardening stuff gives them some MDC, but the vast majority of their martial arts techniques and chi stuff is pretty useless. And even the MDC related abilities don't really hit that hard or soak that much damage. They're still effective against normal, unarmored humans (I mean, being able to do Mega Damage to a normal human is usually a one-hit kill), but how often do you really fight those in a Rifts setting?

I was hoping we'd eventually get some Rifts stuff that would allow for some kick ass martial arts options, which was a big reason I was looking forward to their Rifts: China books. They were . . . not as useful as one would hope.
Rifts Japan has some stuff but not the way you'd think.
Maybe we'll get some new stuff now that they have a new creative director.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Sidious wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm Rifts Japan has some stuff but not the way you'd think.
Maybe we'll get some new stuff now that they have a new creative director.

Whoa whoa WHOA. Say WHAT now?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.