Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Angels! Demons!)

Post by catsi563 »

Sidious wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm
Ares wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:52 pm It says something about how long its been since I read the conversion book, because I thought for some reason the Ninja and Superspies / Mystic China section was larger. I think I had it confused with one or more articles from The Rifter.

Either way, I remember being pretty underwhelmed with how the Ninjas and Superspies stuff translated over to Rifts. Spies that rely on gadgets are going to need to find better gear, but it's honestly not that hard to do so. The poor cyborgs are really screwed unless they can find a good cyber-doc to give their tech some massive upgrades.

As for the martial artists, they do have SOME options against MDC beings and the Body Hardening stuff gives them some MDC, but the vast majority of their martial arts techniques and chi stuff is pretty useless. And even the MDC related abilities don't really hit that hard or soak that much damage. They're still effective against normal, unarmored humans (I mean, being able to do Mega Damage to a normal human is usually a one-hit kill), but how often do you really fight those in a Rifts setting?

I was hoping we'd eventually get some Rifts stuff that would allow for some kick ass martial arts options, which was a big reason I was looking forward to their Rifts: China books. They were . . . not as useful as one would hope.
Rifts Japan has some stuff but not the way you'd think.
Maybe we'll get some new stuff now that they have a new creative director.
The japan stuff doesnt even have MDC for the classes martial arts unless one spends PPE to do a temporary transformation to MDC
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Mare

Post by Jabroniville »

MARE R.C.C.: ST +4, STA +6, AGI +1, FIGHTING +3, INT +2, AWA +2, PRE -2, Ranged Attack +3, Dodge +3, Flight 4, Regeneration 4, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Invisibility, Dimensional Travel 2, Comprehend Languages 3, Growth 2, "Psionics" (All Physical & Sensitive Powers, Bio-Manipulation, Empathic Transmission, Hypnotic Suggestion, Mind Bolt, Mind Wipe, Group Mind Block, Mind Block Auto-Defense) [73 + Psionics]

-Mares are responsible for mysterious deaths while victims are asleep- they appear as monstrous hags who give nightmares, take children, or make people insane. They're merely "pretty good" by Demon standards, being PL 9-ish, but they have a TON of Psionics, including the really nasty stuff (Bio-Manipulation).
Jabroniville

Shedim

Post by Jabroniville »

SHEDIM R.C.C.: ST +8, STA +8, AGI +2, FIGHTING +9, INT -2, AWA +3, PRE -2, Ranged Attack +9, Dodge +7, Claws +1, Regeneration 6, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Extended & Acute Scent- Tracking, Dimensional Travel 1, Comprehend Languages 3, Leaping 2, Growth 3 [98]

-Shedim appear to have human torsos, hawk heads, bird talons for hands and the lower bodies of hawks. They are pawns of the greater Demons of Hades, and sometimes Set & Anubis. They are the ultimate soldiers, fighting to the death or ordered to stop. Despite all the bird stuff attached to them, they can't even fly! They are, however, deadly fighters, with six attacks, good bonuses and good M.D.C. An average Shedim would likely be PL 12-13!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Baal-Rog

Post by Jabroniville »

BAAL-ROG
Role:
Greater Demon, Lieutenants
PL 14 (192)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Faerie Lore) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Magic) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 11, Startle

Powers:
"M.D.C. Being" Protection 3 [3]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) [10]
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (4) -- [5]
  •       AE: Leaping 2 (30 feet) (2)
Senses 9 (Darkvision, Vision Counters Concealment, Acute & Extended Scent- Tracking) [9]
Concealment (Vision) 2 [4]
Comprehend (Languages) 3 [6]
Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel) [4]

"Magic" (All Fire Elemental Magic Level 1-4, Fire Whip, Animate & Control Dead, Turn Dead, Exorcisim, Remove Curse, Heal Wounds)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +15, Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Demon Stuff)

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 52 + Magic / Defenses: 17 (192 + Magic)

-So yes, Kevin Siembieda, Arbiter of Copywrite and Protector of Infringement Against His Ideas, of course has a rip-off of The Lord of the Rings's Balrog. Giant, bat-winged humanoids, they are both smart and powerful, and are the lieutenants & captains of demon hordes- some also rule on their own, or act as spies. Shifters & Summoners consider them popular Demons to "rift" in because of their power and versatility, though little is mentioned of their personalities, desires, etc.- they're just Living Statblocks. Despite all the hype, however, they're merely "Pretty Good"- I was expecting Adult Dragon-tier stuff but they're barely above Dragon Hatchlings in durability or hitting power! Just... plenty of attacks and +12 damage, which ain't nothing, but they're babies by Demon Standards.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Angels! Demons! Baal-Rog!)

Post by catsi563 »

now thats an oddity

strictly speaking by palladiums standards Baal Rogs are THE big boys of the Demon armies just shy of the demon lords and princes. theyre supposed to bully and lord over the other demons who are rightly terrified of them
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Demon Locust

Post by Jabroniville »

DEMON LOCUST
Role:
Greater Demon, Genocidal Monsters
PL 15 (226)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 15 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 6 (+12)
Expertise (Faerie Lore) 2 (+8)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+12)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 13, Startle

Powers:
Regeneration 8 [8]
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (5) -- [6]
  •       AE: Leaping 3 (60 feet) (3)
Senses 9 (Darkvision, Vision Counters Concealment, Acute & Extended Scent- Tracking) [9]
"Stinger" Strength-Damage +1 Linked to Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) [13]

"Magic" (All Level 1 Spells, Call Lightning, Fire Ball, Fire Bolt, Negate Magic, Dispel Magical Barriers, Fly as the Eagle, Animate/Control Dead, Turn Dead, Exorcism, Remove Curse: Phobia, Luck Curse, Spoil, Sickness, Earthquake, Id Barrier, Create Magic Scroll)
"Psionics" (All Sensitive Powers)

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Stinger +15 (+13 Damage & +12 Affliction, DC 28 & 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +15, Fortitude +12, Will +10

Complications:
Motivation (Death & Destruction on a Grand Scale)- Demon Locusts wish to extinguish all life.

Total: Abilities: 114 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 68 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 15 (226 + Magic & Psionics)

-The Demon Locusts are said to be #2 to only the Demon Lords, and all other Demons must do their bidding. Most hibernate, waiting patiently for armageddon, dreaming of genocide and mass slaughter.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Ares wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:27 pm
Sidious wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm Rifts Japan has some stuff but not the way you'd think.

Whoa whoa WHOA. Say WHAT now?
Sorry thought most people knew about this.
Kevin tapped Sean Roberson from Pinnacle Entertainment Group (Savage Worlds) as the new Creative director and heir apparent.

Here is the official announcement https://youtu.be/iubKJhZjm3Q

Being a big fan of what he's done with Savage Rifts I am all for this step.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Sidious wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:24 am
Sidious wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm Rifts Japan has some stuff but not the way you'd think.

Kevin tapped Sean Roberson from Pinnacle Entertainment Group (Savage Worlds) as the new Creative director and heir apparent.

I've been buying up the Savage Rifts stuff, but I figured that was Kevin finally allowing a more popular system play with his very popular setting, and thus give it some much needed exposure. I didn't figure that Kevin was actually giving up some control over the setting. I've said for a long time that Rifts was an amazing setting held hostage by its creator, and if that's coming to an end, then that's nothing but good news.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Gallu

Post by Jabroniville »

GALLU
Role:
Greater Demon, Demon Bull
PL 13 (178)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 8 (+9)
Expertise (Faerie Lore) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Magic) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"M.D.C. Being" Protection 2 [2]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]

Speed 2 (8 mph) (2) -- [3]
  •       AE: Leaping 2 (30 feet) (2)

"Magic" (Blinding Flash, Cloud of Smoke, Globe of Daylight, Thunderclap, Fear, Repel Animals, Animate/Control Dead, Turn Dead, Exorcism, Remote Curse, Luck Curse, Phobia Cruse, Heal Wounds)

Offense:
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +13, Fortitude +11, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Demon Stuff)

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 44 + Magic / Defenses: 17 (178 + Magic)

-Gallu are giant, black minotaurs that are beneath Baal-rog in power, but have the same attack value. No flight, though.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Ares wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:16 pm
Sidious wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:24 am

I've been buying up the Savage Rifts stuff, but I figured that was Kevin finally allowing a more popular system play with his very popular setting, and thus give it some much needed exposure. I didn't figure that Kevin was actually giving up some control over the setting. I've said for a long time that Rifts was an amazing setting held hostage by its creator, and if that's coming to an end, then that's nothing but good news.
If you like the Savage Rifts stuff, you should check out Foundry and the savage Rifts module for it. It pretty much automates the game.
The content only covers the players guide, GM guide, Field Manual, and Savage Foes of North America books, but I've managed to import the others successfully.
Jabroniville

Jinn

Post by Jabroniville »

JINN
Role:
Genie, Greater Demon, Elemental Demon
PL 13 (274), PL 15 Defensively
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Magic) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+9)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+6)

Advantages:

Powers:
Regeneration 5 [5]
Immunity 80 (All Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Non-Magical & Silver Damage -1/2) [60]
Immunity 20 (Fire & Cold Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
"Mist Form" Insubstantial 3 [15]

Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (4) -- [5]
      
  • AE: Leaping 2 (30 feet) (2)

"Magic" (Black Jinn: All Earth Elemental Spells Level 1-8; White Jinn: All Water Elemental Spells Level 1-7, Green Jinn: All Air Elemental Spells Level 1-7, Yellow Jinn: All Fire Elemental Spells Level 1-8)
"Psionics" (All Sensitive & Physical Powers)

Offense:
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +17, Fortitude +14, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Demon Stuff)
Responsibility (The Curse)- All Jinn are bound to call anyone who summons them or gives them vital aid as "Master" and give them three wishes before they can regain their freedom.
Vulnerable (Silver)- Silver weapons do +6-8 damage to Jinn, regardless of Immunities.
Weakness (Daylight)- Jinn are at Toughness +14 during the day, and have +8 to hit instead.

Total: Abilities: 98 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 126 + Magic / Defenses: 17 (274 + Magic)

-Genies appear here as Jinn- Elemental Demons bound by a curse to give three wishes. This is actually fairly close to their original interpretation in Middle Eastern folklore (Jinn are just "Magical Spirits" and often elemental in nature). They are pathologically evil beings who consider mortals their playthings, so they are still dangerous to summon (the bio notes that they may jeer at and insult their "Masters" and turn wishes against them). Their wish-granting is not magical; they simply do everything in their power to gain the thing (Resurrection via scrolls; wealth by thievery, etc.).

-Jinn are Elemental beings, though only the bio (not the statblock) mentions the standard Immunity To Nearly Everything (except Magic & Silver). So I just threw on the "No Physical Attacks" Immunity. They have similar attacks to other Greater Demons, but more Magic & Psionics, and are a bit brighter. They have TONS of M.D.C. however.
Jabroniville

Magot

Post by Jabroniville »

MAGOT
Role:
Greater Demon, Big Dumb Powerhouses
PL 16 (230)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 16 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 8 (+6)
Expertise (Faerie Lore) 6 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 11 (+10 Size)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 14, Startle

Powers:
"M.D.C. Being" Protection 4 [4]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel) (Flaws: Unreliable) [2]
"Petrification Vision" Affliction 11 (Fort; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Transformed to Stone & Unaware) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Quirks: Lasts 3D6+2 Minutes -2) (31) -- [32]
      
  • AE: "Bite" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
"Magic" (All Fire Elemental Magic Level 1-4, Fire Whip, Animate & Control Dead, Turn Dead, Exorcisim, Remove Curse, Heal Wounds)

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Bite +16 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Petrification +16 (+11 Ranged Affliction, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +18, Fortitude +14, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Demon Stuff)

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 95 / Defenses: 16 (230)

-Magots are the huge, dumb agents of Mictla the Devourer (a Demon Lord). With three eye-stalks and elephantine limbs, they look unsettling (if poorly-drawn) and are easily the strongest thing in this section, sporting thousands of M.D.C. and even the most attacks out of anything here with eight! A PL 14 Petrification attack and PL 15.5 unarmed damage makes them remarkable threats, typically only encountered in twos, unless Mictla wishes to invade a dimension.
Jabroniville

Night Owl

Post by Jabroniville »

How many f*cking Palladium books USED this picture?

NIGHT OWL
Role:
Greater Demon, Solitary Hunter, Counselor
PL 11 (177), PL 13 Defensively
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Expertise (Magic) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Startle

Powers:
"M.D.C. Being" Protection 1 [1]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]

"Magic" (Chameleon, Globe of Daylight, Ignite Fire, Fear, Repel Animals, Animate & Control Dead, Turn Dead, Exorcism, Remove Curse, Luck Curse, Phobia Curse, Heal Wounds)
"Psionics" (All Sensitive & Physical Powers, Bio-Manipulation, Mind Bolt, Hypnotic Suggestion, Mind-Block Auto-Defense)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +13, Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Demon Stuff)

Total: Abilities: 92 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 39 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 14 (177 + Magic & Psionics)

-Night Owls look basically like Harpies, but are normal-sized demons who are either solitary hunters or counselors to evil despots. They are weak even by the standards of regular Demons but have decent attacks and fairly broad Psionics.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Rakshasa

Post by Jabroniville »

RAKSHASA
Role:
Greater Demon, Shapeshifter
PL 13 (227), PL 16 Defensively
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Deception 8 (+10)
Expertise (Magic) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Performance) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 8 (+10)

Advantages:

Powers:
"M.D.C. Being" Protection 4 [4]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Immunity 20 (Fire Effects, Cold Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
Morph (Any) (Quirks: Not Less Than 1 Foot or Greater Than 10) [20]

"Kick" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Magic" (All Metamorphosis, Protection & Illusory Spells, Create Magic Scroll, Animate/Control Dead, Turn Dead, Exorcism, Remove Curse, Healing Touch, Six Spells Level 1-4)
"Psionics" (All Psionic Powers)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Kick +13 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +19, Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 102 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 69 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 15 (227 + Magic & Psionics)

-Again spelled "Raksasha", these are power-hungry, magical demons with the heads of big cats. Though basic mentally, their M.D.C. is GOD-TIER (4,000 on average!), and they know ALL PSIONIC POWERS.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Re: Night Owl

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:38 am Image

How many f*cking Palladium books USED this picture?
Pretty much almost every damn one. Palladium was horrible for art recycling.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!