Warhammer 40,000 (Roboute Guilliman)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Warhammer 40,000 (Night Spinner, Autarch)

Post by Batgirl III »

That's interesting- I'd mostly just heard through my friend what had been going on. I wasn't the hugest fan of Warhammer lore, but their throwing the entire setting in the trash and revamping it with "Fantasy Space Marines" as the main heroic army really pissed me off, so hearing that it was all about "Open Play" was the final straw, so I never checked it out.
The Stormcast are still a sore wound for many in the fandom. Although just about everyone agrees they look cool, they were severely lacking in depth and detail for the first year or two. However, GW did a lot to build a more coherent world and added some lore to the setting... The Stormcast have been developed into a really interesting group.

They are made from mortal heroes of exceptional worth taken away at the moment of their death by the god Sigmar and remade by forging their souls with his piece of Sigmar's own Divine Essence. Then given fancy new weapons and armour made of Uru, I mean Adamantium. Oh, no make that "Sigmarite." They're trained, drilled, and organized into armies and then sent wooshing across the universe by lightning bolts thrown by Sigmar... Y'know that scene in the opening of the first Thor movie when Odin and an entire army deploy by teleportation? Yeah.
Plus, I mean... they changed all the names for the sole purpose of having Copywrite Laws. That's lame. ORRUKS? SYLVANETH?
Pretty much no one uses any of the MAXIMUM COPYRIGHT! names. No one calls them "orruks," they're still just orcs; No one calls them Ælves or Ældari, they're still just Elves and Eldar; and, nobody calls them the Astra Militarum, they are and always will be the Imperial Guard.
APPARENTLY it didn't sell so hot at first, according to many retailers. GW made a shit-ton from the Total War game (hilariously, much like DC Adventures, the highly-anticipated game came out RIGHT when the entire setting was tossed in the trash), but Age of Sigmar wasn't so hot. But apparently they're making some money from it- the Aquatic Elves army they have looks quite cool.
I fully admit that I didn't give AoS a second look for nearly two years after it was originally released. After the first General's Handbook was released, some friends of friends got into it. On their recommendation, I dipped my toes in the water. I really enjoy the game mechanically and aesthetically. Mechanically, it's a fairly fast playing game, easy to learn, and it scales very well. Most wargames have a "sweet spot," try to play them with too few or too many units and it all falls apart; AoS plays great from nearly the smallest possible level... I've had many excellent games using just one of the Start Collecting! boxed sets per player. I've also played in massive 8,000 point per side three-on-three games. Aesthetically? Well, it's Games Workshop... They just make some really pretty stuff.

If you and a friend have both got about $85 of spare hobby cash, then each of you should grab a Start Collecting! box of whichever faction looks the coolest to you. Glue `em together, clear off the kitchen table, and start chuckin' some dice.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I wonder what Fantasy's "Sweet Spot" was. Most everyone online plays "Tournament Armies". My friends and I eventually started doing 3000 points in Fantasy ALL THE TIME, which could get messy at points (Orc armies tend to fall all over themselves at that scale, and cover the entire deployment zone), but at least allowed us to take the "interesting" picks that didn't have to be as "worth it". It worked okay for the most part, and it's fun seeing so much going on... but HOLY GOD, do games take forever at that scale- movement phases lasting a half an hour, THREE WIZARDS needing turns, etc.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

For 8th Edition, my regular FLGS found 2,500 Points was the best balance between getting to use all the cool units we wanted and being able to finish a game in under three hours.
Batgirl III

Warlock

Post by Batgirl III »

ELDAR WARLOCK
Warhammer 40,000 Character
Power Level 8 ( 155 PP )

Lorith, Warlock of Alaitoc wrote:Eradicate them all, we can no longer tolerate their filthy presence here.
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+5), Acrobatics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Force Weapons] 3 (+11), Expertise [Psychic Lore] 5 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Eldar Weapons] 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Improved Iniative (2), Lionhearted, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack (2), Ritualist, Uncanny Dodge, Ultimate Will

POWERS
Eldar Physiology [ 9 PP Total ]
Long-Lived Enhanced Advantage 2 (Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed); Immunity 1 (Aging [1]) [ 3 PP ]
Hypercognition Quickness 3 (Mental: One Minute in Six Seconds; Physical: 12 Seconds in Six Seconds; F: Limited to Mental [Two Ranks]) [ 2 PP ]
Inhuman Grace Leaping 1 (15'); Speed 1 (4 MPH) [ 2 PP ]
Keen Eyesight Senses 1 (Visual: Extended [1], Ultravision [1]) [ 2 PP ]

Natural Psyker [ 6 PP Total ]
Psyker Senses Senses 6 (Mental: Acute [2], Detect Minds [Ranged; 2], Extended [1], Psychic Awareness [1]) [ 6 PP ]

Apprentice Psyker Talents [ 20 PP Total ]
An Eldar Warlock may learn any one of the following psychic powers:
Conceal Concealment 4 (All Vision; E: Area [Burst, 30'], Affects Others, Selective) [ 20 PP ]
Destructor Damage 6 (E: Alternate Resistance [Will], Area [60' Cone]); Enhanced Advantage 2 (Precise Attack; Cover and Concealment) [ 20 PP ]
Embolden Enhanced Ability 4 (+2 Agility, +2 Fighting; E: Area [Burst, 30'], Affects Others, Selective) [ 20 PP ]
Enhance Enhanced Advantage 2 (Improved Initiative 2 E: Area [Burst, 30'], Affects Others, Selective); Leaping 1 (E: Area [Burst, 30'], Affects Others, Selective); Quickness 1 (E: Area [Burst, 30'], Affects Others, Selective); Speed 1 (E: Area [Burst, 30'], Affects Others, Selective) [ 20 PP ]

Rune Armor ( 30 PP Base; F: Removable) [ 24 PP Total ]
Auto-Senses Senses 4 (Visual: Direction Sense [1], Distance Sense [1], Infravision [1], Time Sense [1]) [ 4 PP ]
Environmentally Sealed Immunity 5 (Environmental Cold [1], Environmental Heat [1], Radiation [1]; Suffocation Effects [2]) [ 5 PP ]
Psycho-Plastic Plating Protection 5 [ 5 PP ]
Runic Wards Impervious Will 4; Senses 1 (Mental: Extended [1]) [ 5 PP ]
Vox Link Communication 3 (Radio, Long Range; E: Subtle [2]; F: Limited to Eldar from same Craftworld) [ 11 PP ]

Witchblade (15 PP Base; E: Indestructible [1], Restricted to Natural Psykers [1]; F: Easily Removable) [ 11 PP Total ]
Psi-Powered Damage 3 (Strength-based, E: Alternate Resistance [Will], Improved Critical [3], Penetrating [3]; F: Check Required [Will, DC 11]) [ 14 PP ]
AE: Unpowered Damage 3 (Strength-based, E: Improved Critical [1]) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 15 EP )
Master-Crafted Shuriken Pistol Damage 4 (E: Accurate [2], Improved Critical [1], Multiattack, Ranged) [ 15 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (6) Base 4
Parry: (6) Base 1
Fortitude: (6) Base 3
Toughness: (8/10) ——
Will: (10) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 8 Effect: 2 Total: 10 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 4 Total: 16 (Shuriken Pistol)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Witchblade, Powered)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Witchblade, Unpowered)
Dodge: 6 Tough: 8/10 Total: 14/16
Parry: 6 Tough: 8/10 Total: 14/16
Fort: 6 Will: 10 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 36 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 13 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 20 pp ] +
POWERS [ 70 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 16 pp ] =
155 PP TOTAL

Background:
Warlocks are Eldar psykers. Unlike Farseers, who specialize in divination and typically follow the Path of the Seer for their entire lives, Warlocks were formerly on the Path of the Warrior, then switched to the Path of the Seer. Warlocks are the most aggressive and warlike of the Eldar; their previous experience as Aspect Warriors allows them to harness their more destructive impulses when using their psychic powers in combat. The ornate helmets worn by Warlocks in the field are kept in the shrines of the Warrior Aspects as a sign of the close link between Warlocks and their former status as Warriors. Due to this mixing of psychic potential and warrior backgrounds, Warlocks apply their psychic powers more towards direct combat, rather than the supporting style application used by Farseers.

A Warlock not only learns the use of the psychic Runes of War but also how to wield the Witchblade, a powerful Eldar force weapon. Witchblades writhe and twist with living runes of the Eldar Lexicon that focus the inherent power of the Warlock's mind into destructive psychic energy, using a helical psychic matrix that runs through the core of the blade. In the hands of a Warlock, a Witchblade strikes with a devastating burst of psychic force that can incinerate an enemy where he stands.

They are often seen accompanying Eldar Guardians as squad leaders and may even lead parts of a warhost like a field officer.

Edit: Silly me, I forgot to include the Eldar Warlock's psychic power the first time I posted it.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
catsi563

Re: Warhammer 40,000 (Night Spinner, Autarch, Warlock)

Post by catsi563 »

Silly question but am I missing the actual psychic powers that warlocks have such as destruction or conceal embolden or enhance?

also the Fire prism needs some aoe on it since its got 2 modes Focused and Deepened, focused S9Ap2 heavy 1 blast, deepened S5 Ap4 heavy 1 large blast
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Re: Warhammer 40,000 (Night Spinner, Autarch, Warlock)

Post by Batgirl III »

Power Level 12 ( 180 PP )

Dawn of War wrote:I walk again, a god among mere mortals.
ABILITIES
Strength 8 (Lifting: 10)
Stamina ——
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+10), Acrobatics 2 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Close Combat [Wailing Doom] 1 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Critical [Wailing Doom] (2), Improved Defense, Improved Initative (1), Improved Smash, Inspire (2), Power Attack, Ultimate Toughness

POWERS
Fiery Giant Growth 8 (+8 Strength, +8 Toughness; +8 Mass, +1 Speed; +4 Intimidate, -8 Stealth; -4 Defenses; E: Innate, Permanent) [ 17 PP ]
Molten Iron Body Damage 6 (E: Reaction [when touched]); Immunity 40 (Heat/Fire Effects [10]; All Fortitude Effects [30]); Protection 8 (E: Impervious [9]) [ 81 PP ]
Super-Strength Enhanced Ability 2 (+2 Strength; F: Limited to Lifting) [ 2 PP ]

Suin Daellae (15 PP Base; E: Indestructible [1]; F: Easily Removable) [ 10 PP ]
Wailing Doom (Melee) Damage 7 (Strength-based; E: Penetrating [7]) [ 14 PP ]
AE: Wailing Doom (Thrown) Damage 7 (Strength-based; E: Accurate [1], Ranged; F: Diminished Range [2], Distracting) [ 15 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 9
Parry: (8) Base 4
Fortitude: —— ——
Toughness: (16) ——
Will: (12) Base 10

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 8 Total: 20 (Unarmed)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Molten Iron Body)
Attack: 9 Effect: 15 Total: 24 (Wailing Doom, Melee)
Attack: 9 Effect: 15 Total: 24 (Wailing Doom, Thrown)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 16 Total: 24
Parry: 8 Tough: 16 Total: 24
Fort: —— Will: 12 Total: 12

ABILITIES [ 20 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 15 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 12 pp ] +
POWERS [ 110 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 23 pp ] =
180 PP TOTAL

Background:
Avatars are incarnations of the Eldar war god, Kaela Mensha Khaine. During the Fall of the Eldar, Khaine fought with Slaanesh shortly after her birth, following the destruction of the Eldar Gods. During the battle, Khaine's essence was dismantled and scattered across the many galaxies, landing in the hearts of the remaining Eldar Craftworlds. Wherever his essence landed, a wraith artefact was created, allowing future Eldar to be able to summon him when needed. An Avatar sits at the heart of every Eldar Craftworld.

Once a year, one of the Exarchs of a Craftworld is chosen by its Farseers to hold the title of Young King. When a Craftworld prepares for a major war, its Exarchs begin to feel the Avatar's call. The Exarchs go to the door leading into the Avatar's chamber. There they begin the ancient ritual to rouse the Avatar, where they anoint the Young King and sing battle hymns. Then the chamber's door opens, and the Young King enters. The Exarchs continue the ritual at the entrance. It may take hours or days, but finally a terrible scream echoes from the chamber and the Avatar rises. There is no sign of the Young King - it is unknown whether the Young King is united with Khaine or is destroyed.

On the battlefield, the Avatar towers above the Eldar warriors, his presence filling them with memories of their glorious past and with savage bloodlust, thus making them more courageous fighters. He is utterly fearless, and often spearheads the Eldar attack, slaying his foes with The Wailing Doom, a legendary weapon that can take the form of a sword, axe or spear. The weapon can even smite his foes at a distance, immolating them with a nimbus of burning psychic energy. In melee Avatar crush its foes with a mighty Hand of Khaine - molten metal gauntlet that constantly bathed in the still-warm blood of a young Aspect Warrior.

An Avatar is a very tough being of super-heated iron, with a molten lava core. Heat-based weapons are rendered ineffective against him, due to the nature of his body. So hot is an Avatar's body that most shots from projectile weapons, including bolters fired at point-blank range, will be incinerated before impact; the few that do penetrate the body will suffer a similar fate before they can explode.
Beleriphon

Re: Warhammer 40,000 (Necron Warriors)

Post by Beleriphon »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 pm Image
Emperor Battle Titan
Power Level 18 ( 280 PP )
When I played in highschool my friends and I joked that we'd build an Imperator titan to scale, but only do the foot as a single big garbage can lid fully sculpted and painted. And anything the "foot" stepped on died, but it could only move a relatively short distance every other turn.
Batgirl III

Re: Warhammer 40,000 (Avatar of Khaine)

Post by Batgirl III »

I have always wanted to blow a couple grand on Citadel scenery kits, Hirst Arts molds, and third-party 3D printed Titan bitz to make a ruined Imperator’s “back cathedral” as a gaming table...
Batgirl III

Wraithguard

Post by Batgirl III »

WRAITHGUARD
Power Level 10 ( 145 PP )

Kelmon Firesight, Farseer of Iyanden wrote:Gather the dead for war, let them join our ranks, lest we are forced to join theirs.
ABILITIES
Strength 3 (Lifting: 5)
Stamina ——
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect (0)
Awareness 1
Presence (0)

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Eldar Weapons] 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
Equipment (4), Fearless, Improved Defense

POWERS
Wraithbone Construct [ 117 PP Total ]
Automaton Immunity 60 (All Fortitude Effects [30], All Will Effects [30]) [ 60 PP ]
Wraithbone Plating Protection 12 (E: Impervious [7]) [ 19 PP ]
Enhanced Physique Enhanced Ability 2 (+2 Strength; F: Limited to Lifting); Speed 1 (4 MPH) [ 3 PP ]
Eyeless Sight Senses 5 (Visual: Counters All Concealment [5]) [ 5 PP ]
Psychic Link Communication 2 (Mental, Short Range; E: Subtle [2]) [ 10 PP ]
Spirit Stone Enhanced Ability 10 (+5 Intellect, +5 Presence) [ 20 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 20 EP )
Eldar Wraithguard Standard Issue
All Eldar Wraithguard in a squad will be given one of the following:
D-Scythe Movement 1 (Dimension Travel [Real Space to the Warp]; E: Attack [12], Extended Range [3], Increased Mass [3], Ranged; F: Limited to Living Targets) [ 20 EP ]
Wraithcannon Damage 7 (E: Area [15' Cloud], Ranged; F: Diminished Range [1]) [ 20 EP ]

Eldar Wraithblade Standard Issue
All Eldar Wraithblades in a squad will be given a Force Shield and either a Ghostaxe or Ghostsword:
Force Shield Enhanced Defense (+2 Parry); Impervious Toughness 4 (F: Noticeable [1]) [ 5 EP ]
Ghostaxe Damage 9 (Strength-Based; E: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [5]) [ 15 EP ]
Ghostsword Damage 7 (Strength-Based; E: Accurate [1], Improved Critical [2], Penetrating [5]) [ 15 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (6) Base 0
Toughness: (12) ——
Will: (10) Base 9

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 3 Total: 13 (Unarmed)
Attack: 8 Effect: 12 Total: 20 (D-Scythe)
Attack: —— Effect: 7 Total: 7 (Wraithcannon)
Attack: 8 Effect: 12 Total: 20 (Ghostaxe)
Attack: 10 Effect: 10 Total: 20 (Ghostsword)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Parry: 6/8 Tough: 12 Total: 18/20
Fort: —— Will: 10 Total: 10

ABILITIES [ 0 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 8 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 6 pp ] +
POWERS [ 117 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 14 pp ] =
145 PP TOTAL

Background:
The Wraithguard are Eldar warriors whose spirits are saved from death itself and arise once more to wage war for their kin. These warriors are saved through the guidance of a Spiritseer who removes the fallen warrior's Spirit Stone from the Infinity Circuit in order to place it into a psychoplastic body made of Wraithbone. Through the act, the robotic body is empowered with a living intellect that guides its artificial nature. This is done only in the times of emergency or when there is a lack of warriors. This is because the act of placing an Eldar essence into such a construct is considered abhorrent among their race, akin to necromancy, but none can deny the resulting warrior that emerges from the combination that adds to their arsenal against their enemies

However, the Wraithguard suffer from a phenomenon known as "Wraithsight" which alters their perception of the world from that of mortals, and causes them to react more slowly to changes on the battlefield. As a result, they are often led by spiritseers, Eldar psykers who specialize in guiding and summoning the souls of the dead. The Wraithguard are also fearless in battle due to the nature of their bodies and undead souls. The most feared and wrathful of the Wraithguards are known as Wraithblades, specializing in close-quarters combat.
Jabroniville

Re: Warhammer 40,000 (Wraithguard)

Post by Jabroniville »

I always felt that the Wraithguard were kind of missing something. Maybe the extra-large heads just don't fit the bodies right, but they always felt kinda... simple and kiddie.

... heh-heh... "Wraithbone".
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Yeah, they’ve never quite “clicked” for me either. The concept is cool — bringing back the preserved consciousness of a dead warrior to power a battle robot! — but the actual execution just seems off. I’d expect them to be faster, swifter, stronger... Eldar dialed up to “11.” But they’re actually kind of slow, plodding, and short-ranged. Well, by Eldar standards anyway. They move about as fast as most infantry.

The addition of Wraithblades was a nice touch, doesn’t really add anything the faction as a whole needed as the Eldar already had ample choice for melee units, but it gave this unit a nice option.

I’ve known several people who’ve collected complete Iyanden Ghost Warrior armies. Other than Spiritseers everything in the army is a Wraithguard, Wraithlord, or Wraithwhatever. So clearly some people love ‘em.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Well there is a reason when youre dealing basically with Fearless space marines who have 2 wounds each and on any 6 their weapon auto kills anything it hits no matter how healthy it is. Giant Hive tyrant? Gone, space marine super murder lord poof, fearsome chaos sorcerer zap poor guys looking at a sign and sounding out Albequerque New Mexico

and thats just the people they also penetrated vehicles with similar terrifying ease

and those dont take into account the Wraithlords which were nightmare fuel on their own
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Wraithlord

Post by Batgirl III »

WRAITHLORD
Power Level 12 ( 180 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 7 (Lifting: 9)
Stamina ——
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect (0)
Awareness 1
Presence (0)

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Eldar Weapons] 14 (+16)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Close Combat (3), Equipment (4), Improved Defense

POWERS
Wraithbone Construct [ 123 PP Total ]
Automaton Immunity 60 (All Fortitude Effects [30], All Will Effects [30]) [ 60 PP ]
Wraithbone Plating Protection 10 (E: Impervious [5]) [ 15 PP ]
Enhanced Physique Enhanced Ability 3 (+3 Strength; F: Limited to Lifting); Speed 1 (4 MPH) [ 4 PP ]
Enormous Growth 4 (+4 Strength, +4 Toughness; +4 Mass; +2 Intimidate; -2 Defenses; E: Innate [1], Permanent) [ 9 PP ]
Spirit Stone Enhanced Ability 10 (+5 Intellect, +5 Presence) [ 20 PP ]

Wraithlord Armament [ 25 PP ]
A Wraithlord must be armed with one of the following:
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon Enhanced Ability (+1 Strength; F: Limited to Lifting); Damage 10 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [4], Penetrating [7], Split [1]; F: Inaccurate [1]); Enhanced Advantage 3 (Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold) [ 25 PP ]
Ghostglaive Damage 8 (Strength-Based; E: Improved Critical [3], Penetrating [10], Reach [1]); Enhanced Defense 2 (+2 Parry) [ 25 EP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 20 EP )
Eldar Wraithlord Standard Issue
All Eldar Wraithlords will be given of the following:
Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults Damage 6 (E: Improved Critical [2], Multiattack, Ranged, Split [1]; F: Diminished Range [1]) [ 20 EP ]

Eldar Wraithlord Options
An Eldar Wraithlord may replace their Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults with the following:
Twin-Linked Flamers Damage 5 (E: Area [60' Cone], Incurable [1], Secondary Effect, Split [2]); Enhanced Advantage 2 (Precise Attack [Close; Cover and Concealment]) [ 20 EP ]

Eldar Wraithlord Upgrades [ +4 PP ]
An Eldar Wraithlord may be upgrades with one of the following:
Bright Lance Damage 6 (E: Penetrating [3], Ranged); Weaken Toughness 6 (E: Ranged; F: Affects Only Objects, Instant Recovery) [ +18 EP ]
Eldar Missile Launcher (Krak) Damage 6 (E: Penetrating [5], Ranged) [ +17 EP ]
AE: Eldar Missile Launcher (Plasma) Damage 5 (E: Area [30' Burst], Extended Range [1], Ranged) [ +1 EP ]
Scatter Laser Damage 6 (E: Area [5x30' Line], Ranged) [ +18 EP ]
Starcannon Damage 6 (E: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [4], Ranged, Split [1]) [ +18 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 7
Parry: (8/10) Base 4
Toughness: (14) ——
Will: —— ——

WORKSHEET
Attack: 9 Effect: 7 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: 7 Effect: 17 Total: 24 (Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon)
Attack: 9 Effect: 15 Total: 24 (Ghostglaive)

Attack: 16 Effect: 6 Total: 22 (Shuriken Catapults)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Flamers)
Attack: 16 Effect: 6 Total: 22 (Bright Lance)
Attack: 16 Effect: 6 Total: 22 (Missile Launcher, Krak)
Attack: —— Effect: 6 Total: 6 (Missile Launcher, Plasma)
Attack: —— Effect: 6 Total: 6 (Scatter Laser)
Attack: 16 Effect: 6 Total: 22 (Starcannon)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 14 Total: 22
Parry: 8/10 Tough: 14 Total: 22/24
Fort: —— Will: —— Total: ——

ABILITIES [ 0 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 12 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 9 pp ] +
POWERS [ 148 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 11 pp ] =
180 PP TOTAL

Background:
Wraithlords (also known as Eldar Dreadnoughts) are giant constructs made of wraithbone and inhabited by the souls of dead Eldar heroes. Towering far above their still-living brethren, the Wraithlord is a force to be reckoned with. Only the most capable warriors of the Craftworlds are encased inside them. They can be armed with a myriad of weapons, including close combat, short ranged and long ranged weaponry with the ability to smash most enemies in combat.

The creation of a Wraithlord involves empowering an Eldar Spirit Stone with the proper soul of an Eldar, plucked from the Infinity Circuit. The soul is then placed into the forehead of a Wraithlord chassis. Should the Wraithlord fall in battle, the Spirit Stone will be recovered and either be placed onto another Wraith construct, or be returned to the Infinity Circuit. Despite the fact that the Wraithlord exists in the real world, the spirit which controls it is never able to be as alert as those still alive, inhabiting a dimension both in the 'real' world and the warp at the same time. This phenomenon is known as 'Wraithsight', and can affect the Wraithlord in battle by making them slower to act and occasionally stopping them from acting at all. As a result, a Spiritseer must remain in close proximity to Wraith constructs in order to guide their actions.

Standard Wraithlord equipment include two massive Powerfists, with Shuriken Catapults or Flamers attached to the side. In addition, some Wraithlords are equipped with heavy armaments such as Scatter Lasers, Bright Lances, Starcannons, or Missile Launchers. Weaponry is often chosen to complement the soul of the spirit controlling the Wraithlord, as their predisposition towards different types of combat follows them beyond death - those who favoured close combat will still attempt to tear their enemies limb from limb or cleave foes with a massive Ghostglaive.
Batgirl III

Re: Warhammer 40,000 (Wraithlord)

Post by Batgirl III »

WRAITHKNIGHT
Power Level 14 ( 200 PP )

Farseer Avenelle wrote:I have seen the future, and it is death.
ABILITIES
Strength 12
Stamina ——
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+15), Expertise [Crone Worlds] 5 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+10), Perception 7 (+8), Ranged Combat [Eldar Weapons] 12 (+15), Stealth 2 (-5)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (2), Move-By Action, Power Attack

POWERS
Wraithbone Titan [ 87 PP Total ]
Construct Immunity 30 (All Fortitude Effects [30]) [ 30 PP ]
Titanic Growth 10 (+10 Strength, +10 Toughness; +12 Mass, +2 Size, +1 Speed; +5 Intimidation, -10 Stealth; -5 Defenses; E: Innate [1], Increased Mass [2], Permanent) [ 23 PP ]
Titanic Grace Leaping 3 (60'); Speed 2 (16 MPH) [ 5 PP ]
Wraithbone Plating Protection 4 (E: Impervious [9]) [ 14 PP ]

Wraithknight Armament [ 26 PP ]
A Wraithknight must be armed with the following:
Titanic Wraithbone Fists Damage 10 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [4], Penetrating [7], Split [1]); Enhanced Advantage 3 (Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold) [ 25 PP ]
AE: Two Heavy Wraithcannons Damage 8 (E: Area [15' Cloud], Ranged, Split [1]) [ 1 PP ]

Wraithknight Options [ 26 PP ]
A Wraithknight may replace their Wraithbone Fists and Heavy Wraithcannons with a Scattershield and either a Titanic Ghostglaive orSuncannon:
Titanic Ghostglaive Damage 8 (Strength-Based; E: Accurate [1], Improved Critical [3], Penetrating [9], Reach [2]); Enhanced Defense 2 (+2 Parry) [ 25 PP ]
Suncannon Damage 8 (E: Area [30' Burst], Incurable [1], Penetrating [8], Ranged; F: Unreliable) [ 25 PP ]
AE: Scattershield Deflect 14 [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT
Wraithknight Options [ +4 PP ]
May take one of the following:
Twin-Linked Scatter Lasers Damage 6 (E: Area [5x30' Line], Improved Critical [1], Ranged, Split [1]) [ 20 EP ]
Twin-Linked Shuriken Cannons Damage 6 (E: Improved Critical [2], Multiattack, Ranged, Split [1]; F: Diminished Range [1]) [ 20 EP ]
Twin-Linked Starcannons Damage 8 (E: Penetrating [3], Ranged, Split [1]) [ 20 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 14
Parry: (12) Base 11
Toughness: (14/16) ——
Will: (12) Base 11

WORKSHEET
Attack: 6 Effect: 12 Total: 18 (Unarmed)
Attack: 6 Effect: 22 Total: 28 (Titanic Wraithbone Fists)
Attack: —— Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Heavy Wraithcannons)
Attack: 8 Effect: 20 Total: 28 (Titanic Ghostglaive)
Attack: —— Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Suncannon)
Attack: —— Effect: 6 Total: 6 (Scatter Lasers)
Attack: 15 Effect: 6 Total: 21 (Shuriken Cannons)
Attack: 15 Effect: 8 Total: 23 (Starcannons)
Dodge: 12 Tough: 14/16 Total: 26/28
Parry: 12 Tough: 14/16 Total: 26/28
Deflect: 14 Tough: 14 Total: 28
Fort: —— Will: 12 Total: 12

ABILITIES [ 20 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 20 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 11 pp ] +
POWERS [ 113 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 36 pp ] =
200 PP TOTAL

Background:
Wraithknights are colossal Eldar Wraithbone constructs. Heavily armed with a mixture of mighty weapons, the Wraithknights advanced design still allows it to be nimble enough to run through the ruin of a scattered city. The shell of a Wraithknight houses the spirits of the dead much in the same way as the Wraithlord and Wraithguard. However Wraithknights differ from their lesser cousins as they also hold a living Eldar pilot within.

These pilots are rare and unusual warriors who were each born a twin. The psychic link between an Eldar and his twin is like no other, and this bond allows them to sense the proximity, mood, and even thoughts of their counterpart. If the twin were to die, the surviving brother or sister will often fade away in sympathy. Sometimes, when such a division takes place, the surviving twin will sacrifice what is left of his life to pilot a Wraithknight. The essence of the dead twin is transferred into a Spirit Stone attached to the machine, whilst the surviving sibling is put into a near-permanent trance within his cockpit. The clarity of thought provided by the living twin ensures that the construct moves with the speed typical of a living Eldar, while the psychic link of the departed sibling allows him to commune with the animating forces of his twin, but also spirits of former pilots of the construct. The great measure of control afforded by this mind gives the pilot mastery over the Wraithknights psychically-powered weapons systems and an acrobatic grace that seemingly defies its size.

Wraithknights are often deployed on Crone Worlds at the forefront of quests for new Spirit Stones, which often involve dangerous encounters with Daemons and other nightmarish denizens. However as the End Times approach for the Eldar and their race dies faster then it can give birth, fewer and fewer twins are born upon each Craftworld. Many Wraithknight pilots are recruited from Revenant Titan helmsmen who have lost their twin in battle and driven to regain their kinship whatever the cost, give themselves over to the life of a Wraithknight pilot. Even more unsettling is that it is rumored that some Craftworld councils have removed the option of choice for such individuals.
Batgirl III

She wants the D-Cannon.

Post by Batgirl III »

Eldar Warp Hunter Assault Tank
Warhammer 40,000 Equipment
Equipment Level 16-19[/b] ( 80-91 PP )

VEHICLE TRAITS
Size: Huge [ 2 EP ]
Strength: 10 [ 2 EP ]
Speed: - [ 0 EP ]
Defense: 6 [ 10 EP ]
Toughness: 12 [ 3 EP]

VEHICLE POWERS
Armored Hull Impervious Toughness 5 [ 5 EP ]
Skimmer Flight 7[/b] (250 MPH; F: Check Required [Initiative DC 12]) [ 12 EP ]
Targeting Matrix Enhanced Advantage 2 (Improved Aim, Move-By Action) [ 2 EP ]
Vox Link Communication 3 (Radio: Long Range; E: Subtle [1]; F: Limited to Eldar from same Craftworld) [ 10 PP ]
Hull-Mounted D-Cannon Damage 9 (E: Extended Range [1], Penetrating [7], Ranged; F: Activation [Move, -1]) Linked To: Movement 1 (Dimension Travel [Real Space to the Warp]; E: Increased Mass [5], Ranged) [ 33 EP ]
AE: Hull-Mounted Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults Damage 6 (E: Improved Critical [3], Multiattack, Ranged; F: Diminished Range [2]) [ 1 EP ]

VEHICLE OPTIONS
The Warp Hunter may exchange its Hull-Mounted Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults with:
Hull-Mounted Shuriken Cannon Damage 6 (E: Dynamic [1], Improved Critical [1], Multiattack, Ranged; F: Diminished Range [1]) [ +0 EP ]

VEHICLE UPGRADES
The Warp Hunter Tank may be upgraded with any of the following:
Holo-Fields Concealment 5 (All Visual, All Radio; F: Partial) [ +5 EP ]
Spirit Stones Immunity 2 (Critical Hits [2]) [ +2 EP ]
Star Engines Flight 2 (Stacks with Skimmer for 1,000 MPH; F: Concentration) [ +2 EP ]
Vectored Engines Movement 1 (Safe Fall) [ +2 EP ]

Background:
The Warp Hunter is a high-speed assault craft and one of the rarest variants of the Eldar Falcon grav-tank. Considered to be an archaic design, it was an unusual sight on the battlefields of the 41st Millenium until the Betalis III incident, when whole squadrons engaged Imperial forces in battle. As with the Fire Prism, the Warp Hunter sacrifices transport capacity for firepower.

The most notable aspect of the Warp Hunter is its hull-mounted Distortion Cannon or D-Cannon. This example of the Eldar's advanced technology, little-understood by the Adeptus Mechanicus, creates a hole in the fabric of reality between real space and the Warp, tearing the unlucky targets to pieces and dragging them into the Warp to suffer a terrible death.